forum

Why does osu! have the most cringeworthy community to date?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Flaus

Ephemeral wrote:

i would be left with sadness after reading the resulting replies to this thread if i hadn't given up any hope of off-topic being good once the golden age people cleared out

alas
pls fix #osu! b0ss i habe cancur
-sev

Ephemeral wrote:

i would be left with sadness after reading the resulting replies to this thread if i hadn't given up any hope of off-topic being good once the golden age people cleared out

alas
I am so sorry to hear of your severe oldfriend syndrome, I hope you get well soon.
Corin

Ephemeral wrote:

alas
It'll come back one day... r-right?
Railey2
stop sobbing and be the new golden age
Corin

Railey2 wrote:

Well would you look at that.
Someone whos opinion isn't valid!
Bweh
Come on, Corin. You know that's flat out wrong.
Corin

Brian OA wrote:

But the kids actually saying that 2015 OT is better than 2013 OT, like, he's never even seen the old OT.
Even you can say that the current OT is an absolute shithole. Don't even deny it :|

I bet he doesn't even know what START POWER is
repr1se

Flaus wrote:

Serious question. This game is has cringiest community out of any community to exist to this day. If you don't agree, log in right now and take a minute to observe the #osu! chat.

How did this happen?

Update:

Cringe.txt
First 5 seconds after logging in:

Don't look at #osu if you still want to have hope in humanity.
Bweh

Corin wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

But the kids actually saying that 2015 OT is better than 2013 OT, like, he's never even seen the old OT.
Even you can say that the current OT is an absolute shithole. Don't even deny it :|

I don't think anybody said 2015 OT is better than anything here.

Most people can agree that the current state of affairs is sad, but it doesn't take an oldfag to notice it. If anything, it's better to do your best and make some nice posts rather than reminisce about the past and get all bitter about it.
Railey2

Corin wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

I said nothing about the current state of OT being better than the old state of OT. As you correctly pointed out, I have no idea how OT was back then. I can not say that I care much about how it was either, so your reply doesn't make any sense to me.

Ephemeral was complaining, maybe rightfully so. What staggers me, is that he makes no attempt in being part of the counter-movement or whatever you want to call it. As he said, he has given up hope, so all hes doing now is sobbing about how the old times were better and talking low of the current times.
Frankly, I think this is a shitty attitude towards any given state of affairs.

Thats why I said, "be the new golden age yourself". Contribute, if you are interested in making this forum better. Don't stand by and cry, talking of lost hope and how everything used to be better.

I don't need knowledge of the old times to hold that view. Thanks to Brian for pointing things out as well, very much appreciated.
Topic Starter
Flaus

Railey2 wrote:

newfags rejoice! the golden age has come upon us!
Alucard

Hika wrote:

could have snipped that
Could've
Pope Gadget
Come to #osumania where we are arguably less toxic (according to #osumania).
balldoowell
Never go full weaboo
Dab

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

epic cringe meme normies get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEE pepe face
that's all i read

your reading skills are out of this world
Vuelo Eluko

Dab9 wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

epic cringe meme normies get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEE pepe face
that's all i read
your reading skills are out of this world
ty Tempo Trainee Dab9
MrDraconite

Flaus wrote:

Serious question. This game is has cringiest community out of any community to exist to this day. If you don't agree, log in right now and take a minute to observe the #osu! chat.

How did this happen?

Update:

Cringe.txt
First 5 seconds after logging in:

Solution: Don't talk in the Global Osu chat where all the normies roam :)
jackisgone
It's cause osu is filled with weeb scum
fat pear

ColdTooth wrote:

Flaus wrote:

How did this happen?

Update:
Hahahaha, you should see the brony community.

...oh shit.
I was just going to comment on how stupid you are for being a brony.
Mahogany
WOW I am OFFENDED by that
joi-

jackisgone wrote:

It's cause osu is filled with weeb scum
being weeb scum is good
Ephemeral
oldfriend syndrome is wildly applicable to this forum because for the first seven years of its life, it was literally a house of carefully executed inside jokes that MOST people silently assumed and understood correctly

thus it is strikingly disappointing that ye of the new generation are apparently incapable of doing this for yourselves

like does the word valhalla even mean anything to any of you anymore
Bweh
It's become the stereotypical mentality to assume that Off-Topic is a shitstain and thus you are not expected to put in any decent thought to any action in here. There is no think before you post; there is no incentive to consider whether or not your post is worth reading. Moreover, there is nobody enforcing this.

It's just the path the new generation wishes to take. As mind numbingly boring as it is, there's nothing to be done about it.
-sev
old shit is still shit
Bweh
You dun know what you're talking about there m8
Vuelo Eluko
wake me up inside (CANT WAKE UP)
Vuelo Eluko

Ephemeral wrote:

oldfriend syndrome is wildly applicable to this forum because for the first seven years of its life, it was literally a house of carefully executed inside jokes that MOST people silently assumed and understood correctly

thus it is strikingly disappointing that ye of the new generation are apparently incapable of doing this for yourselves

whats the point of developing a culture around a trash heap lmao. that's what it's become and it discourages that kind of thing from happening
people dont want to be invested in it at all now
Bweh
Everyone seems pretty invested blogging here, though.
Topic Starter
Flaus
O F F T O P I C I S D E A D
Rilene
waifu gf plz
Ephemeral

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

whats the point of developing a culture around a trash heap lmao. that's what it's become and it discourages that kind of thing from happening
people dont want to be invested in it at all now
they're invested enough to turn this place into a shitty variant of tumblr

so idk about your claim there boyo
Vuelo Eluko
maybe
E m i

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

maybe
sneeze
is it really that hard to not browse #osu? seriously

inb4 plz enjoy game
ZenithPhantasm
#cancer
E m i
Me too
mariojudah
Because Otakus
Plane
Age group low and most people here are introverted.
Sanxu_old
You want cringe? The worst kind of cringe humanly imaginable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA5IFJqjXiQ
Read through the goddamn comments. I mean holy shit, I practically grew up on the internet and through all my years I have never seen anything this goddamn awful, Jesus Christ. It's like someone opened the 10th circle of hell up in that bitch. If anyone genuinely believes that this community comes anywhere close to being even a quarter as pathetic as these people then I don't know what kind of mental process you've got going on.
B1rd

Sanxu wrote:

You want cringe? The worst kind of cringe humanly imaginable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA5IFJqjXiQ
Read through the goddamn comments. I mean holy shit, I practically grew up on the internet and through all my years I have never seen anything this goddamn awful, Jesus Christ. It's like someone opened the 10th circle of hell up in that bitch. If anyone genuinely believes that this community comes anywhere close to being even a quarter as pathetic as these people then I don't know what kind of mental process you've got going on.
what's wrong with the comments?
show more