forum

Why does osu! have the most cringeworthy community to date?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun
Aren't all continents just big islands?
fat pear

Khelly wrote:

Aren't all continents just big islands?
idk aren't countries just land
EneT
You try too hard to sound stupid.
fat pear

EneT wrote:

You try too hard to sound stupid.
what?
Alucard

Flaus wrote:

Serious question. This game is has cringiest community out of any community to exist to this day. If you don't agree, log in right now and take a minute to observe the #osu! chat.

How did this happen?

Update:

Cringe.txt
First 5 seconds after logging in:

I've been asking this for a while now.
s7ana
Why osu! probably has a young player base, and also why it may have an annoying/cringey community at times.

Honestly, the only reason I can think of why osu! has a young player base, is most likely because anime is getting more and more popular over the years. Now, from what I've seen so far.. I can make a good guess that many of the younger people between the ages of 9-15 have been slowly but progressively growing in the anime community. Simply put, in this generation what with all the technology and everyone using internet, the majority of newcomers joining the anime community are between the ages of 9-15. (I would say that there is still a good amount of people around the ages of 17+ in the anime community)

As most people today who are either in highschool right now, or have graduated earlier. We all know that the children this generation are just more outright annoying than past generations. They try copying the personalities of some annoying persona from some popular person on the internet. By popular person, it could be from someone from a game like "Minecraft" or whatever else community is just trash. Sometimes the children this generation are just spoiled brats (Parents literally buy them like 2 consoles, a good computer, and a good amount of video games for each.) that never really seem to receive much discipline.

Okay, I know that the amount of discipline received through childhood most likely depends how you grew up and also the general area where you live. But honestly from statistics I'd say that kids this generation so far are more spoiled and are given less discipline than what I remember in the past, or have studied from the past generations before I was born.

You see, if we add in all the properties from above. It obviously shows that if many of those types of people like anime, they will eventually figure out about osu! from some kind of gaming forum or either from an in-game chat. Most likely a forum or in-game chat for some game that many people these days find their community horrible. Guess what, the people finding about osu! from those kind of communities, are joining our community. They came from an annoying meme filled community of degenerates.

Once those people join osu!, it's likely they'll spread their memes (Depending on the person, but yes toxicity too.) around the place. In a community where it was deemed "normal" to spread memes and talk with the intellect ten year old with missing letters in some words in another community, we know that at least some of them will come here.

The truly scary thing, is that when they do come join osu!. They will most likely have some other friends on other games, or either from Skype/Raidcall/forums that they will bring here. Mainly because their friends may have the same interests about anime. Which means that they will be bringing in more of the same people, when more of those types of people join. It can be kind of seen of it progressively growing like this: 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-etc

When you think about, that means many players between the ages of 9-15 will also be joining.

The only good thing I can think of, is that a change of place/or environment may help them a bit if they come here. But the true problem is that might not even help at all because they will most likely bring in more of the same people afterwards once they come here. Which to them, will make it look like the community is growing and it may or may not seem normal to them by how it behaves because of where they originally came from.

From my own experience, most people between the ages of 9-14 so far I've seen. Are around the levels of 1-36, I've actually seen someone who claimed they were fourteen years old and they were level fifty or something like that. Although, it wasn't like I could confirm their age anyway.

The reason that we have many registered users on this game, but only have very few of the player base actually play regularly. Is likely because of the difficulty of the game once starting hard, and then getting into insane then trying to add in some mods. It may make the game not too hard for the younger community in the game, depending on how serious they are with it. But they will most likely be attracted to other games and spend more time in those than osu!. In order for someone to actually be dedicated to osu!, they will use a chunk of their free time to learn and also fix what they need to work on to get better.

"Need to use a chunk of their time to learn, and also fix what they need to work on to get better. Especially when playing higher difficulty beatmaps with smaller circle size and higher bpm/ar."

That is mostly when those kids start to lose interest, or rather begin to slowly not the play the game anymore and start playing games that interest them more. This generally happens once they reach between the levels of 35-45, or maybe even earlier depending on how serious they were when first starting out.

Also the main reason of why the osu! community is slowly worsening due to the fact of the actual kind of people that are here currently. Let's be honest, the majority (Not exactly everyone here.) either are people who don't go to the outer world much. Or either have some form of social anxiety, or is using gaming as a way to escape their problems. The community just gets worse because the more of those kind of people that join, the community just looks to be "getting worse". Mainly because the people just don't have truly good in real life social interaction skills. It's funny I'm talking about all this when I actually know myself, that I just generally suck at social interactions in the real world and know that I probably contribute somehow to why the internet is looked down upon.

Ahh, it seems that I am just mainly rambling on and changing the topic randomly here and there for no reason. I might as well stop here and let you guys think up your own things on the matter.
EneT
Top quality post. ^
Alucard

ASwarmOfKittenz wrote:

Why osu! probably has a young player base, and also why it may have an annoying/cringey community at times.

Honestly, the only reason I can think of why osu! has a young player base, is most likely because anime is getting more and more popular over the years. Now, from what I've seen so far.. I can make a good guess that many of the younger people between the ages of 9-15 have been slowly but progressively growing in the anime community. Simply put, in this generation what with all the technology and everyone using internet, the majority of newcomers joining the anime community are between the ages of 9-15. (I would say that there is still a good amount of people around the ages of 17+ in the anime community)

As most people today who are either in highschool right now, or have graduated earlier. We all know that the children this generation are just more outright annoying than past generations. They try copying the personalities of some annoying persona from some popular person on the internet. By popular person, it could be from someone from a game like "Minecraft" or whatever else community is just trash. Sometimes the children this generation are just spoiled brats (Parents literally buy them like 2 consoles, a good computer, and a good amount of video games for each.) that never really seem to receive much discipline.

Okay, I know that the amount of discipline received through childhood most likely depends how you grew up and also the general area where you live. But honestly from statistics I'd say that kids this generation so far are more spoiled and are given less discipline than what I remember in the past, or have studied from the past generations before I was born.

You see, if we add in all the properties from above. It obviously shows that if many of those types of people like anime, they will eventually figure out about osu! from some kind of gaming forum or either from an in-game chat. Most likely a forum or in-game chat for some game that many people these days find their community horrible. Guess what, the people finding about osu! from those kind of communities, are joining our community. They came from an annoying meme filled community of degenerates.

Once those people join osu!, it's likely they'll spread their memes (Depending on the person, but yes toxicity too.) around the place. In a community where it was deemed "normal" to spread memes and talk with the intellect ten year old with missing letters in some words in another community, we know that at least some of them will come here.

The truly scary thing, is that when they do come join osu!. They will most likely have some other friends on other games, or either from Skype/Raidcall/forums that they will bring here. Mainly because their friends may have the same interests about anime. Which means that they will be bringing in more of the same people, when more of those types of people join. It can be kind of seen of it progressively growing like this: 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-etc

When you think about, that means many players between the ages of 9-15 will also be joining.

The only good thing I can think of, is that a change of place/or environment may help them a bit if they come here. But the true problem is that might not even help at all because they will most likely bring in more of the same people afterwards once they come here. Which to them, will make it look like the community is growing and it may or may not seem normal to them by how it behaves because of where they originally came from.

From my own experience, most people between the ages of 9-14 so far I've seen. Are around the levels of 1-36, I've actually seen someone who claimed they were fourteen years old and they were level fifty or something like that. Although, it wasn't like I could confirm their age anyway.

The reason that we have many registered users on this game, but only have very few of the player base actually play regularly. Is likely because of the difficulty of the game once starting hard, and then getting into insane then trying to add in some mods. It may make the game not too hard for the younger community in the game, depending on how serious they are with it. But they will most likely be attracted to other games and spend more time in those than osu!. In order for someone to actually be dedicated to osu!, they will use a chunk of their free time to learn and also fix what they need to work on to get better.

"Need to use a chunk of their time to learn, and also fix what they need to work on to get better. Especially when playing higher difficulty beatmaps with smaller circle size and higher bpm/ar."

That is mostly when those kids start to lose interest, or rather begin to slowly not the play the game anymore and start playing games that interest them more. This generally happens once they reach between the levels of 35-45, or maybe even earlier depending on how serious they were when first starting out.

Also the main reason of why the osu! community is slowly worsening due to the fact of the actual kind of people that are here currently. Let's be honest, the majority (Not exactly everyone here.) either are people who don't go to the outer world much. Or either have some form of social anxiety, or is using gaming as a way to escape their problems. The community just gets worse because the more of those kind of people that join, the community just looks to be "getting worse". Mainly because the people just don't have truly good in real life social interaction skills. It's funny I'm talking about all this when I actually know myself, that I just generally suck at social interactions in the real world and know that I probably contribute somehow to why the internet is looked down upon.

Ahh, it seems that I am just mainly rambling on and changing the topic randomly here and there for no reason. I might as well stop here and let you guys think up your own things on the matter.

Every generation says that about the next generation.
Hika
could have snipped that
Mahogany
Kittenz you are earning my respect at record pace right now
EneT
Kittenz has already achieved maximum respect status from me.
Railey2
:(
EneT

Railey2 wrote:

:(
Sorry bro, Kittenz just has undeniable swag.
-sev
And enet is all about dat swag :^)
EneT

Kaienyuu wrote:

And enet is all about dat swag :^)
ye ye ye ye, I'm all about dat swag.
Ephemeral
i would be left with sadness after reading the resulting replies to this thread if i hadn't given up any hope of off-topic being good once the golden age people cleared out

alas
Topic Starter
Flaus

Ephemeral wrote:

i would be left with sadness after reading the resulting replies to this thread if i hadn't given up any hope of off-topic being good once the golden age people cleared out

alas
pls fix #osu! b0ss i habe cancur
-sev

Ephemeral wrote:

alas
I am so sorry to hear of your severe oldfriend syndrome, I hope you get well soon.
Corin

Ephemeral wrote:

alas
It'll come back one day... r-right?
Railey2
stop sobbing and be the new golden age
Corin

Railey2 wrote:

Well would you look at that.
Someone whos opinion isn't valid!
Bweh
Come on, Corin. You know that's flat out wrong.
Corin

Brian OA wrote:

But the kids actually saying that 2015 OT is better than 2013 OT, like, he's never even seen the old OT.
Even you can say that the current OT is an absolute shithole. Don't even deny it :|

I bet he doesn't even know what START POWER is
repr1se

Flaus wrote:

Serious question. This game is has cringiest community out of any community to exist to this day. If you don't agree, log in right now and take a minute to observe the #osu! chat.

How did this happen?

Update:

Cringe.txt

Don't look at #osu if you still want to have hope in humanity.
Bweh

Corin wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

But the kids actually saying that 2015 OT is better than 2013 OT, like, he's never even seen the old OT.
Even you can say that the current OT is an absolute shithole. Don't even deny it :|

I don't think anybody said 2015 OT is better than anything here.

Most people can agree that the current state of affairs is sad, but it doesn't take an oldfag to notice it. If anything, it's better to do your best and make some nice posts rather than reminisce about the past and get all bitter about it.
Railey2

Corin wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

I said nothing about the current state of OT being better than the old state of OT. As you correctly pointed out, I have no idea how OT was back then. I can not say that I care much about how it was either, so your reply doesn't make any sense to me.

Ephemeral was complaining, maybe rightfully so. What staggers me, is that he makes no attempt in being part of the counter-movement or whatever you want to call it. As he said, he has given up hope, so all hes doing now is sobbing about how the old times were better and talking low of the current times.
Frankly, I think this is a shitty attitude towards any given state of affairs.

Thats why I said, "be the new golden age yourself". Contribute, if you are interested in making this forum better. Don't stand by and cry, talking of lost hope and how everything used to be better.

I don't need knowledge of the old times to hold that view. Thanks to Brian for pointing things out as well, very much appreciated.
Topic Starter
Flaus

Railey2 wrote:

newfags rejoice! the golden age has come upon us!
Alucard

Hika wrote:

could have snipped that
Could've
Pope Gadget
Come to #osumania where we are arguably less toxic (according to #osumania).
balldoowell
Never go full weaboo
Dab

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

epic cringe meme normies get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEE pepe face
that's all i read

your reading skills are out of this world
Vuelo Eluko

Dab9 wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

epic cringe meme normies get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEE pepe face
that's all i read
your reading skills are out of this world
ty Tempo Trainee Dab9
MrDraconite

Flaus wrote:

How did this happen?

Update:

Cringe.txt

Solution: Don't talk in the Global Osu chat where all the normies roam :)
jackisgone
It's cause osu is filled with weeb scum
fat pear

ColdTooth wrote:

Flaus wrote:

How did this happen?

Update:
Hahahaha, you should see the brony community.

...oh shit.
I was just going to comment on how stupid you are for being a brony.
Mahogany
WOW I am OFFENDED by that
joi-

jackisgone wrote:

It's cause osu is filled with weeb scum
being weeb scum is good
Ephemeral
oldfriend syndrome is wildly applicable to this forum because for the first seven years of its life, it was literally a house of carefully executed inside jokes that MOST people silently assumed and understood correctly

thus it is strikingly disappointing that ye of the new generation are apparently incapable of doing this for yourselves

like does the word valhalla even mean anything to any of you anymore
Bweh
It's become the stereotypical mentality to assume that Off-Topic is a shitstain and thus you are not expected to put in any decent thought to any action in here. There is no think before you post; there is no incentive to consider whether or not your post is worth reading. Moreover, there is nobody enforcing this.

It's just the path the new generation wishes to take. As mind numbingly boring as it is, there's nothing to be done about it.
-sev
old shit is still shit
show more