forum

[Archived] Osu freeze

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lotusdarkgarou
Problem Details:IN game or in the menu osu freeze during 30 seconds I try to reinstall osu but the bug is always here . I play to the latest version and there was no bug like this one or problem I have a good graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M a core i5 as processor and i run with Windows 8 so I dont think it's a compatibility problem

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150807 (latest)
Nekonyan
what renderer are you on? is it OpenGL?
also try switch to Cutting-Edge build.
Trosk-
Try what Nekonyan said. And well, are you getting, by any chance, low framerate? Or the problem are just the freezes?

If you are getting a relatively low framerate too, probably osu! is trying to use your integrated Intel GPU instead of the NVidia GPU.

Go to the NVidia control panel (you can access it by right clicking on your desktop), click on the "Manage 3D settings" tab and open the drop down menu for Global Settings. Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as your preferred graphics processor and click Apply.

Then, open the drop down menu for Program Settings and click Add. Search for "osu!.exe" and select it. Then select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as your preferred graphics processor and click Apply, like you did on the other section.

If it is still the same after that, probably the problem comes from your HDD, but make sure that you don't have any background process taking many resources.

And just in case, did you try restarting your PC?