forum

Differentiating notes in HD??!?!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zuikaku
I've looked, but I didn't see this post anywhere so I wanted to go ahead and claim it :P
After playing HD for a bit (not that long) on standard I've kinda noticed it's a bit hard to differentiate double taps from triple taps when on sliders. Is it just me or is anyone else finding this? :?
Any tips on how to tell them apart too? I'm curious 8-)
Endaris
Use a transparent skin with clean and distinctive numbers(or dots).
And 100% background dim.
StephOsu

Endaris wrote:

Use a transparent skin with clean and distinctive numbers(or dots).
And 100% background dim.
if you still want to see the background you can go 90% because it worked for me
timemon
Play the map with nomod before you HD to prevent depression. (and shit misses)
Barusamikosu
Being familiar with the difficulty level you're playing helps with sightreads. For example, playing enough AR7 Hards or AR9 Insanes to at least be able to guess what could happen next will improve your sightread.

Depending on the accuracy you're going for, some maps will just have that one annoying part that you won't understand until you play it nomod, so take off HD whenever you need to.

shitpost time: HD is bad and morally wrong don't play it
ZenithPhantasm
HD makes high AR harder
Pituophis
play more hd.
Mahogany
Sightread more with HD
buny
stacks are easy to tell by stack leniency, which you get used to after practicing hd. The fade time is basically an alternative approach circle, whereas instead of a circle approaching the beat you use the fade timer.

hidden notes are read by follow points or by transparent circles
darkmiz
use my skin
chainpullz

Barusamikosu wrote:

shitpost time: HD is bad and morally wrong don't play it
TFW you get a really good HR play but it doesn't make a leaderboard because of HD plays. Alternatively, tfw when you get an amazing DT play but it doesn't make the leaderboard due to all the HDHR plays.
B1rd
tfw when you beat people's HR SS with 93% HDHR B)
Axiaan
- Never play a song in Hidden if you haven't played it no mod before ! :o
- Use a transparent skin. (for exemple, the loliXn's skin is horrible in Hidden, but Rafis's skin is good)
- Train yourself in Hidden. You can't be good with 50 partys with this mod, except if you're the new god. :o
- Don't play songs you have difficulty to clear them with no mod with Hidden, it's a mod, so it's more difficult.

But Hidden is a very good mod, you will see it when you will can play songs with it. :p

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

HD makes high AR harder
I can't play AR10 songs without Hidden.. '-'
buny

Axiaan wrote:

- Never play a song in Hidden if you haven't played it no mod before ! :o

I can't play AR10 songs without Hidden.. '-'
well if you can't play AR10 without hidden and you should never play a song you haven't played before without no mod then how do you ever do AR10??????
Fatal3ty
What is skin so important? Why rrtyui, Hakurei Reimu or hvick225 play as a skin that is not completely transparent and still are very good at Hidden? :?

There are just all just a matter of practice. I play with semi-transparent circle and I see everything. :)
Endaris
It doesn't have to be completely transparent but partial transparency is pretty much a must.
Mahogany

Axiaan wrote:

- Never play a song in Hidden if you haven't played it no mod before !
No no no no no

How are you supposed to learn HD properly if you aren't sightreading with it

You can just pull the complex patterns from memory

If you really wanna learn HD, sightread some maps with it

Skin CAN be important, but you can still excel with a shit skin. That being said, I do recommend getting a good skin.
buny

Fatal3ty wrote:

What is skin so important? Why rrtyui, Hakurei Reimu or hvick225 play as a skin that is not completely transparent and still are very good at Hidden? :?

There are just all just a matter of practice. I play with semi-transparent circle and I see everything. :)
WWW uses transparent circles and is better than hd than all of them

but just because a pro player does isn't a counter argument.
LoliPantsu

Fatal3ty wrote:

they are asian