show more
silmarilen

Kaienyuu wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

for the same reason people idolize/worship famous actors
or famous football players
or famous [insert something that can make you famous here]
so...for no good reason
im sure you did a lot of actual research on human behaviour to come to that conclusion right?
kirueggy
silmarilen a hardcore savage. tyrannosaurus rekt
-sev

silmarilen wrote:

im sure you did a lot of actual research on human behaviour to come to that conclusion right?
let me rephrase that: I don't think there's any good reason to idolise someone. Especially someone who is good at clicking circles.

that better?
Green Platinum
Maybe Silmarilen suffers from pp envy like all the others who worship top players
silmarilen

Kaienyuu wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

let me rephrase that: I don't think there's any good reason to idolise someone. Especially someone who is good at clicking circles.

that better?
sure, you're free to think what you want

Green Platinum wrote:

Maybe Silmarilen suffers from pp envy like all the others who worship top players
people who know me know pp is one of the things i care the least about in the game.i achieved all my goals that are rank/skill related so ive only been playing for fun lately.
i also dont worship any players. sure i look up to them and i have my favourite players, but worship is going a bit too far.
-sev

silmarilen wrote:

sure, you're free to think what you want.
I know I am.
B1rd

Kaienyuu wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

that better?
Why shouldn't people have a lot of respect for people who have achieved great skill in any areas through hard work? You should respect those people. Nothing worse than accepting mediocrity.

And people like to idolise people because it's human nature. Since most people these days aren't really part of clans are religions they tend to use sports and games as an outlet for their loyalistic desires.
-sev
You take a great leap between respecting someone and idolizing them.
B1rd
Not much difference. There's nothing wrong with having an idol.
-sev
To each his own I guess. Blind adoration isn't my cup of tea.
Green Platinum

Kaienyuu wrote:

Not exactly blind but not a skill I consider worthy of being showered in praise for either
-sev
I respect people for their skill, maybe look up to some and that's about it. Idolising is just taking it too far.

edit: come to think of it, I don't really look up to any player.
Shohei Ohtani
stop this thread
Bweh
Semantics and no common ground: the thread

Also, CDFA, that's some shit taste you got there
Chokladboll

only god worth worshipping
Shohei Ohtani

Brian OA wrote:

Pls

I bet you like Nico

Hahah Nico Nico Niid to visit a Bail Bonds to get you out of jail you sick pervert
Bweh

Reditum wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

Pls

I bet you like Nico

Hahah Nico Nico Niid to visit a Bail Bonds to get you out of jail you sick pervert
I like them all save for that big-tittied gypsy you call Nozomi
Green Platinum
With Brian on this one Nozomi's purpose was to be a condiment to Eli.
Ceph23

Plebs
EneT
Maki is clearly far superior to the rest. excluding Eli
joi-

kiamasters wrote:

Why is it that so many people...There here idolizing all kinds of the "best" players...I don't understand I have seen people compare them to gods...Is that supposed to be a joke of some kind? I...Just don't understand
Because people look up to the best players in the game because they want to be as good as them in the game? I wouldn't call it worship but.
Railey2
"Player X is a god" is just a meme-like phrase that got spread like crazy within the osu-community. It's not meant as worshipping-service or anything like that. It's an exaggerated version of "he's crazy good". I don't find this particularly unusual, because the players in question happen to be crazy good most of the time.

The C-hype seems to be mostly Golden Age Thinking paired with, again, exaggerations. And its fun to jump on the bandwagon, is it not. C is a god.

Kaienyuu wrote:

It's not blind adoration as I see it. People are selective in who they idolize, based on the players actual skill, so thats far from being blind.

Kaienyuu wrote:

You take a great leap between respecting someone and idolizing them.
This looks like the beginning of a great semantic argument. But lets prevent that from happening and do something more interesting instead. Could you define these two for me? Where is the difference between respecting someone and idolizing someone? What exactly did you think when you said that one is ok while the other one isn't
kirueggy
Why the fuck have you all not started worshiping Umi yet like go ahead and like your own idols but please notice the goodness in the world that is Umi, our sea

Shohei Ohtani
How can you like Hanayo but not Nozomi

Hanayo is the equivelant of your mom forcing you to take your socially awkward cousin with you when you hang out with your friends.
Vuelo Eluko

Mahogany wrote:

Because players who arent amazing like to pay attention to players who are amazing

its as simple as that
you wish it were this simple
kirueggy

Reditum wrote:

How can you like Hanayo but not Nozomi

Hanayo is the equivelant of your mom forcing you to take your socially awkward cousin with you when you hang out with your friends.
Is Hanayo supposed to be the socially awkward cousin here?

Do you have any idea how cute Hanayo can be?
Shohei Ohtani
Yeah maybe shes cute because of how autistic she is like yui but shes just like so bland and forgettable.

Nozomi however got hella personality.
EneT
She only got hella tits, other than that she just poses as a side bitch for Eli.
-sev
they are all cum dumpsters
EneT
But not all cum dumpsters are created equally.
-sev
yeah, you're right

but they are all inferior cum dumpsters

so it doesn't matter
kirueggy

Reditum wrote:

Yeah maybe shes cute because of how autistic she is like yui but shes just like so bland and forgettable.

Nozomi however got hella personality.
Yui Yuigahama from Oregairu? ehh I prefer Iroha

no but seriously CDFA have you seen the goddamn LL manga if anything nozomi's personality isn't even a subject topic in it
Shohei Ohtani
Her personality is hella in the anime and games tho.

And whats wrong with being the side chick? Like Rin is the side girl to Hanayo but people are like "HUAHUAHU NYAAA!! CAT!!!!"

When im married to nozomi and we have our beautiful kids, and well be happy, unlike you guys.
Green Platinum
Hella absent
Shohei Ohtani
Omfg pls