forum

[resolved] I get more pp, but my rank is still the same...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stultify
Problem Details:
My pp is updating after i play a beatmap, but my rank is still the same. I've been patient for a while and tried to get more pp to make it possibly update, but none of that is working. I've also heard some other people have this problem.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://gyazo.com/13b389bcf5770fbf9f5355d59e7a5fd6

In that screenshot, I have more pp, but my ranking is still lower :(

osu! version: 20150807 (latest)
Trosk-
The system is working slowly. Please, wait a bit. If you play another map where you get a Personal Best, it will probably get updated.
Top Bunk
I've been having this issue too. Second day of playing now with no update to my rank still despite getting scores that should have increased (or maybe decreased in some cases) my rank. But pp is still being gained.

Like, I can see things being slow. But after an entire day with no update to it is seriously not right.
Arcane

Top Bunk wrote:

I've been having this issue too. Second day of playing now with no update to my rank still despite getting scores that should have increased (or maybe decreased in some cases) my rank. But pp is still being gained.

Like, I can see things being slow. But after an entire day with no update to it is seriously not right.
Maby its because bancho was down yesterday for a little time. ( even if it was jsut short ) it might have delayed the whole process ;S but i think waiting would be the best you can do atm. or try to:

-log out - in
-check if the score is in your list ''local plays0 or on the ''global scores'' list if its over there and you see the #<rank> you got world wide it means it already prcessed your score so you just have to wait a little longer bancho will catch up ;) i had the same problem a few months ago aswell, so i hope it will also work fo you.

-and if it's not in the ''global scores'' it means you just got the score while bancho was offline and that will count as an ''ofline play'' and will not be listed or added to your ''player / profile score.

but since you got the pp XDD i suppose the last option doesnt count :333 nyanyaa :D just wait i suppose hihihi GL
Top Bunk

Arcane wrote:

Maby its because bancho was down yesterday for a little time. ( even if it was jsut short ) it might have delayed the whole process ;S but i think waiting would be the best you can do atm. or try to:

-log out - in
-check if the score is in your list ''local plays0 or on the ''global scores'' list if its over there and you see the #<rank> you got world wide it means it already prcessed your score so you just have to wait a little longer bancho will catch up ;) i had the same problem a few months ago aswell, so i hope it will also work fo you.

-and if it's not in the ''global scores'' it means you just got the score while bancho was offline and that will count as an ''ofline play'' and will not be listed or added to your ''player / profile score.

but since you got the pp XDD i suppose the last option doesnt count :333 nyanyaa :D just wait i suppose hihihi GL
The scores are definitely recorded and are still there. And logging out and in didn't change anything.

At first I just thought I was doing my calculations wrong (and I guess it's still a possibility). But I would think that getting my 8th highest top play would at least give me something:

Granted that I had a previous score on it worth about 70 or 80pp before, but that difference should still be worth quite a bit.

Although I did get a rank update after getting a DT score oddly enough, even though I rarely ever DT. But I can't tell if it updated my rank from the previous songs with it or if it was just the DT score alone. Considering +198 ranks seems about normal for a DT song at my rank. But given that the DT score I got is not even in my top ranks until clicking "show me more" about 4 times, I'm hoping it was a collective rank update of everything and that my issue with it is solved. But idk.
Trosk-
It's simple. If your scores were recorded/submited and they are on your Top Ranks and Historical, you will gain your PP/Ranks sooner or later. The system is just having some issues.

Please, be patient.
Arcane
Take a look at the latest post ;) i think this will explain alot more about your problem http://blog.ppy.sh/
VeilStar
This should be resolved by now.

In case someone is still having the issue:
If your rank/pp hasn't updated yet you can either wait 24 hours or submit a score for it to trigger an update.
At any rate, if the score submitted you'll get your precious pp and rank sooner or later.