forum

[Archived] AKAI LPD8 to play TAIKO

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Admirale_X
GD folks.
So I've got a LPD8 drumpad (basicly for music production) and I want to controll osu!'s Taiko mode with it.

The LPD8 is connected with USB to my PC. So I need a software which converts the MIDI signal to an signal that osu! can use to control the game..

So my question.. HOW?
awp
I've been asked this before.

The LPD8 sends signals in standard MIDI 1.0 format, meaning it works with most common music-making applications.

Based on that, it sounds like it wouldn't be too difficult to write an application to read these midi signals and translate them into keyboard input.

Looking at the actual LPD8, though, I don't see why you would want to do that. It's not really much of a drumpad, it's just a handful of large buttons. Given that you can't make use of any of its features beyond "this pad has been hit", you might as well just use a keyboard.

I mean, you could do a google search for an application that translates x midi code into y keyboard/joystick output if you really wanted to, but if you can't find one you'll have to write it yourself, and imo that's not worth the effort.
Topic Starter
Admirale_X

awp wrote:

I've been asked this before.
Based on that, it sounds like it wouldn't be too difficult to write an application to read these midi signals and translate them into keyboard input.
Yeah I don't know C# , whatever.. I hope there a bunch of uber nerds who create such an app on demand. Anyone!? xD

awp wrote:

It's not really much of a drumpad, it's just a handful of large buttons. Given that you can't make use of any of its features beyond "this pad has been hit", you might as well just use a keyboard.
Well.. that hurts. With the LPD8 there would be a smoother interaction possible as with the normal keyboard buttons.

Okay so theres no way to do this.. k *close*