Hr or actually learn the game ?

posted
Total Posts
34
show more
meteor22

Mahogany wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

he should play HR, then he can do nomod easily
i think
I disagree.

It's easier to learn AR9 and then learn AR10 than it is to learn AR10 and then AR9, imho. It's always easier to learn to go faster than it is to learn to go slower.
What? No reading ar10 is harder than ar9, everyone knows dat...
Mahogany
That's very much untrue.

It depends on circle density. Haven't you heard people complaining about AR9 on Rainbow Dash Likes Girls or Kokou no Sousei?
meteor22

Mahogany wrote:

That's very much untrue.

It depends on circle density. Haven't you heard people complaining about AR9 on Rainbow Dash Likes Girls or Kokou no Sousei?
There aren't enough maps like that to make your argument relevant.
Also people who have the actual level to play those maps are already very experienced player who need no advice.
Mahogany
The fact remains that AR9 adds difficulty to those maps while AR10 would make them easier. It's a perfectly relevant argument as the same applies to all approach rates: It's all relevant to circle density.
meteor22
I only talked about the quantity of such maps being too low for your argument to be relevant, when comparing what's harder between ar9 and ar10 for most players (that is low rank).

Please don't answer unrelated things. We all know a few maps could use higher AR, but that's not the point at all here.
Mahogany
It's an entirely relevant point, though, that higher circle density can make AR9 more difficult than AR10 in a map. The quantity of such maps existing is irrelevant, because they do exist, and that's proof enough.

And as I've said earlier, it's a lot harder to learn to go slower than it is to learn to go faster. You'll find plenty of people who play so much HR and DT that they've forgotten to read AR9. You won't find anyone who has forgotten to read AR10.
-Makishima S-
Low rank should not learn ar10 until he knows how to play ar9.

There is diffrence betwin 160 bpm ar9 and 200 bpm ar9. Knowladge about one doesn't mean you will be able to play second.

AR10 will NOT HELP you at all in low rank, i know this by myself. Constant spamming hr made my acc horrible and it takes work to regain it right now.

NF is awfull. You are not supposed to spam and mash shit, you are supposed to play it as good as possible, achieve higest possible acc and combo. You can NF stuff when you are #10-5k and above becouse you have way less chance to get bad habits than now.

Annoying bs... why the fuck #7,5k guy (yes, this meteor...) intentionaly trying to make newb player worse than he is in actual situation, think sometimes wtf are you trying to do.
meteor22
@Taiga : I am not sure what you are trying to say.

Mahogany wrote:

You'll find plenty of people who play so much HR and DT that they've forgotten to read AR9.
They did not forget. They never knew how to read properly in the first place.

Mahogany wrote:

You won't find anyone who has forgotten to read AR10.
I'd like to know what studies you have conducted to reach that conclusion.
Mahogany

meteor22 wrote:

They did not forget. They never knew how to read properly in the first place.
And yet you're recommending HR to OP, despite the fact that he can't even play AR9 yet. What's wrong with you?

meteor22 wrote:

I'd like to know what studies you have conducted to reach that conclusion.
Ok, I'll rephrase that.

I've met plenty of people who have forgotten how to read AR9 due to DT/HR abuse.
I've yet to find a single person who has forgotten how to read AR10.
-Makishima S-
@Taiga : I am not sure what you are trying to say.
Basicaly tl;dr - make some research before posting bs.
You don't have scores to back up your theory like AR10 HR could help newbs.
You don't take point that often HR incerase also OD to 10 which means - way harder to reach any reasonable acc. It will not help at all. Newbs should progress with OD in linear way, from down to up. Jumping instantly into OD10 will just screw you up, one more time - i know this by myself.
You are first one to post this kind of literaly pure bullshit.
Just stop.
Endaris

Mahogany wrote:

Why the fuck would you ever play HR+NF???
Cause HP10 OD10 kills me even if I don't miss xD
meteor22

Mahogany wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

I'd like to know what studies you have conducted to reach that conclusion.
Ok, I'll rephrase that.

I've met plenty of people who have forgotten how to read AR9 due to DT/HR abuse.
I've yet to find a single person who has forgotten how to read AR10.
thx better

[Taiga] wrote:

@Taiga : I am not sure what you are trying to say.
Basicaly tl;dr - make some research before posting bs.
You don't have scores to back up your theory like HR could help newbs.
You are first one to post this kind of literaly pure bullshit.
Just stop.
dude chill. This is a game ok? We're not talking about saving his life.

Anyways we all know the OP won't use any advice we give, and tbh I don't think this sub forum has ever helped someone improve (but that's my opinion lol). He should only keep playing whatever the heck he wants
-Makishima S-
I don't think this sub forum has ever helped someone improve (but that's my opinion lol)
Then add me as first person to the list. This sub forum - people here and sticky topics helped me alot and saved from being garbage unable to progress, dead at farming fullmod easy and normals for pp.
AIice

Mahogany wrote:

Why the fuck would you ever play HR+NF???
If u like to go tryhard and never give up u can get some cool scores that most people cant get http://puu.sh/jwhCg/61f223a97f.jpg

And no NF is not awful. It's my fav mod.

Back to main issue :
HR is hard especially when starting out. But in most maps so long as u dont miss 3 notes in a row u wont die unless its the slow part.
Also reading AR10 actually kinda strains my eyes when i wasnt used to it so the burden on your eyes isnt going to help u if ur fundies are not strong enough.

So my suggestion is : play nomod / DT first. The earliest i recommend is about 2500pp. The higher the bpm that u are comfy at the better. Im not too sure how to explain but its that way for me. It's as if it takes less effort to react to AR10 when u are starting out with HR.

EDIT : and of course master AR9 first and make sure to always be comfy at AR9 because when AR9 feels slow this game is hell. It happened to me before but luckily i recovered from it
Mahogany

meteor22 wrote:

dude chill. This is a game ok? We're not talking about saving his life.
He came here to ask for the advice and the best we could do is give him some proper advice.

meteor22 wrote:

Anyways we all know the OP won't use any advice we give
There's no way to know that. While you might be discouraged by the OP's name and posting mannerisms, that's no excuse not to try and help, since he still put forward legitimate questions.

meteor22 wrote:

I don't think this sub forum has ever helped someone improve (but that's my opinion lol)
I disagree

meteor22 wrote:

He should only keep playing whatever the heck he wants
For fun? Do whatever the fuck you want. But this forum is for helping people improve.

Reset- wrote:

play nomod / DT
I recommend not playing DT lest you become dependent on it for PP.
meteor22

[Taiga] wrote:

I don't think this sub forum has ever helped someone improve (but that's my opinion lol)
Then add me as first person to the list. This sub forum - people here and sticky topics helped me alot and saved from being garbage unable to progress, dead at farming fullmod easy and normals for pp.
I have to admit farming fullmod normals and easy is the worst thing you can possibly do. But then again, it never crossed my mind.

But if it helped you, I guess it actually helps people, my bad.


Mahogany wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

dude chill. This is a game ok? We're not talking about saving his life.
He came here to ask for the advice and the best we could do is give him some proper advice.
That's what I did with the best possible intentions. I gave him the advice to play HR and NF if he wants. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a proper advice.
AIice

Mahogany wrote:

Reset- wrote:

play nomod / DT
I recommend not playing DT lest you become dependent on it for PP.
DT because most of the time no mod doesnt offer bpm / AR high enough to at least lessen the burden when starting out HR ( like at least get used to ar9.6 and 190 bpm before starting out HR)
Jeffrey
lel the drama

On topic: I think it's crucial for you to read AR9 first before you progress to anything higher, because there are always some maps you can't do with DT/HR in early stages, you only use them when you git gud. AR9 forms the basis for you to play maps to get pp. I always start of playing the game with AR9, and I still prefer AR9 to 9.6 or 10 unless the circle density doesn't match with the AR. Then you slowly increase from 9 to 9.3, 9.6, 9.8, then 10, but 9 always comes first.
And as for reading wise, playing AR10 obsessively may cause you to lose the ability to read AR9. There was a period of time when I played HR obsessively on AR7 and 8 songs and now I can't read AR8 at all, but still can barely manage AR9.
As for accuracy, I really think if you can't get 97% above for nomod songs, you're not cut out to play HR, frankly. One thing that makes HR so hard is because of the OD, and if you can't get good accuracy for nomod, you're definitely going to do worse for HR. I suggest you get around 98 or 99% for nomod then you play HR. But even then if you can't read stacks fast enough and end up mashing keys, you're still gonna end up with bad accuracy so it takes some getting used to. And judging from your scores, yeah you need to work on accuracy.

Speaking from personal experience, I usually only play songs with AR9 nomod, unless I sort of "overplay" that map to the point that I can't read with the normal AR then I start playing with HR to unlearn and relearn the map.

Mahogany wrote:

Why the fuck would you ever play HR+NF???
Of course not for pp, definitely not for rank. But playing NF helps to get past the map if you can't pass on normal circumstances, and this may prepare you for what's going to come for when you actually pass the part you usually fail. Like I sometimes play HR + NF when I need to learn the map and sort of remember where stacks are, because I suck at reading stacks with HR and the only way I get past it is through memorising. So it helps to a certain extent.
ZenithPhantasm
Learn AR9 or become shit acc wannabe sanic forever
Carebare
Play nomod until you get good accuracy first before focusing on mods. Learn to read AR9 before u learn AR10.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply