forum

[resolved] More of a tech question. (New Harddrive)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shirotsu
Sorry if this was in the wrong forum group, wasn't exactly sure where to ask it.

Problem Details: Not really a problem, but more of a tech quesiton. I'll be putting in a new hard drive in my computer soon and I was wondering if there was a way to save my local scores and/or local replays.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150807 (latest)
Trosk-
You could just make a backup of the whole osu! installation folder. But if you just want the replays / local scores, make a backup of the "r" folder (It's insinde of "Data", on your osu! installtion. They are hidden folders, you will need to have activated on Windows the option to be able to see hidden folders and archives.)

And just in case, you know that you can have two or more HDDs/SSDs connected to your PC, right?
Topic Starter
Shirotsu
I've backed up everything to an external hard drive, but wasn't sure if that would do the trick so I just thought I'd make sure. Also, yeah I know I can use more than one hdd/ssd it's just that my current one is going bad so I'm trying to swap everything over while I still can.
Trosk-

Shirotsu wrote:

I've backed up everything to an external hard drive, but wasn't sure if that would do the trick so I just thought I'd make sure. Also, yeah I know I can use more than one hdd/ssd it's just that my current one is going bad so I'm trying to swap everything over while I still can.
Oh ok :P Then I guess you are not gonna have any problem. If you saved your whole osu! folder, all will be like you have it now.
VeilStar
Just moving over the entire osu! folder as you did should work fine as Trosk- said. osu! is portable.