forum

osu!Skandinavian All Modes Tournament 2015

posted
Total Posts
show more

Divine Cake wrote:

Hva med å ta det senere?
Kanskje mulig, men når? må ha en pause mellom konkuransene. Ellers risikerer man at noen ikke blir med fordi de alerede har spilt en gang for litt siden.
You mean postpone the tournament? Any time of the year is fine by me, but let's see how many players who signs up before the orinigal date (just remember to set a due date for registering teams.) If we are short on teams then we talk of postponing the tourney. That's what I'd do anyways. :)
Topic Starter
Divine Cake

Kiwi Stick wrote:

Divine Cake wrote:

Hva med å ta det senere?
Kanskje mulig, men når? må ha en pause mellom konkuransene. Ellers risikerer man at noen ikke blir med fordi de alerede har spilt en gang for litt siden.
You mean postpone the tournament? Any time of the year is fine by me, but let's see how many players who signs up before the orinigal date (just remember to set a due date for registering teams.) If we are short on teams then we talk of postponing the tourney. That's what I'd do anyways. :)
I don't have any plans of postponing yet. The idea was if we first had a norwegian tourney, players might skip a scandinavian tourney because it was too soon after the previous one
Oh. That shouldn't be a problem. I don't think anyone would NOT register for it being with other countries.
Shigu-
Charlad a Love Heroine
Player 1 - GodsSon
Player 2 - Haxray Zoldyck
Reserve - AetherGod
Runar
Liker hvordan divine og kiwi plutselig bare snakka engelsk
Yukiteru Amano
Heeej!

FlæskeStegsBurgerne

Spelare 1 - Yukiteru Amano
Spillere 2 - -Crab-

Tengss wrote:

Fordi turneringen plutselig ble internasjonal, så følte det var common courtesy.

Also, I'm wondering if you're following last years rules or if you've changed something. I think you need to update OP with a few more rules. Personally I need to know how a mappool looks, and if all maps will be freemod and whatnot. And we should have the first mappool ready BEFORE I get the chance to see the brackets. That way it would be less cheating since I am supposed to pick some of these maps.
Topic Starter
Divine Cake

Kiwi Stick wrote:

Tengss wrote:

Fordi turneringen plutselig ble internasjonal, så følte det var common courtesy.

Also, I'm wondering if you're following last years rules or if you've changed something. I think you need to update OP with a few more rules. Personally I need to know how a mappool looks, and if all maps will be freemod and whatnot. And we should have the first mappool ready BEFORE I get the chance to see the brackets. That way it would be less cheating since I am supposed to pick some of these maps.
What rules are you thinking about? Thought i remeberd them all.
I was hoping to fix the mappool the day after signups were finished, but that depends on you kiwi. If you and razor got time 19th september we will look into it that day (hopfully finishing it). The tourney brakets will come out later.

P.S
I have started back at school and work, therefore it will be a slower response time now as i have less free time.
Last Years Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qeUkDYwivg6ZKxwtpRRaizqmTSlbQBzW-7mnKKjWqSs/edit?usp=sharing
See if there is anything you've forgotten. Your rules seem a little vague, and it's important to remember that even though you fully understand your own tournament, you should make sure everyone else do. And that is important as All Mode tourneys can be arranged and played so differently from one another.
Topic Starter
Divine Cake

Kiwi Stick wrote:

Last Years Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qeUkDYwivg6ZKxwtpRRaizqmTSlbQBzW-7mnKKjWqSs/edit?usp=sharing
See if there is anything you've forgotten. Your rules seem a little vague, and it's important to remember that even though you fully understand your own tournament, you should make sure everyone else do. And that is important as All Mode tourneys can be arranged and played so differently from one another.
That helps alot. Will look into it, and hopfully come out with something tomorrow.
Gumpy
Liker logoen som er første posten.
Hvilken karakter er det hvis det er fra noe?
Topic Starter
Divine Cake

Gumpyyy wrote:

Liker logoen som er første posten.
Hvilken karakter er det hvis det er fra noe?
I just used my own osu skin :D
t/256243
CXu
Topic Starter
Divine Cake
Well there you go

Kiwi Stick wrote:

Suicidal Shoe
Spiller 1 - Kiwi Stick
Spiller 2 - CXu
Reserve - N/A
Gumpy

Divine Cake wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/256243

CXu wrote:

Sakurai Aoi from Rail Wars!
Takk.
Edit: etter å ha sett litt på omtalen om det ser det ut som dritt.
CXu
Nah, pls, Oppai Wars
Gumpy

Gumpyyy wrote:

etter å ha sett litt på omtalen om det ser det ut som dritt.

CXu wrote:

Nah, pls, Oppai Wars
nvm I take it back

//thread derailed
Get it back on track someone
Azy
når det kommer til maps. hva er star ratinga? gjennomsnittlig liksom?
Reimo

Natsu Dragion wrote:

2,8 stars :^)

Natsu Dragion wrote:

Det blir forskjellige star ratings utifra om de er mode specific eller ikke. Vi har ikke snakket noe særlig om vanskelighetsgrad enda så det er vanskelig å si før 19. september.

Star ratings vil også naturligvis øke etter hvilken runde i turneringa det er.

Selv om jeg ikke kan si noe om årets star ratings enda, kan jeg dele fjorårets mappool for å gi en idé.

Når det er sagt tror jeg vi kommer til å sikte på litt vanskeligere maps siden taiko og mania får egne maps.
Razor Sharp
Sharp Meme´s with Cheese
Player 1 - Razor Sharp
Player 2 - Setomi
Reserve - N/A
Razor Sharp

Kiwi Stick wrote:

Natsu Dragion wrote:

Det blir forskjellige star ratings utifra om de er mode specific eller ikke. Vi har ikke snakket noe særlig om vanskelighetsgrad enda så det er vanskelig å si før 19. september.

Star ratings vil også naturligvis øke etter hvilken runde i turneringa det er.

Selv om jeg ikke kan si noe om årets star ratings enda, kan jeg dele fjorårets mappool for å gi en idé.

Når det er sagt tror jeg vi kommer til å sikte på litt vanskeligere maps siden taiko og mania får egne maps.
Det jeg tenker for CtB hværtfall.
Starter med Salad diffs, og øker til Overdose/Deluge mot finalen.
Det spørs også på hvem som kommer til finalen.
Altså, med Salad diff mener jeg 2* elns. Divine kommer til og gi meg noen maps, som jeg velger til mappoolet. BLir converted først, men ctb specific mot finalen.
Topic Starter
Divine Cake
As Kiwi and Razor said. Easier at the start harder later on. The mappool will probebly expand to include CtB specific maps when we get into quarter/semi finals (so no autoconverts at all. We will not include any unranked maps in the mappool either.

I can guess that the starting mappool will be 2-4 star maps, but can't guarante anything.
Azy
Team Saugjetera
Player 1 - Natsu Dragion
Player 2 - Zekkenthe2nd
Reserve - Patliss
Octagon
Someone needs a teammate? :^)

STD: 3,6k 21k plays. Main mode.
CTB: 11k 1.4k plays (Been 7k but decayed)
Taiko: 6k 1,7k plays (Been sub 5k but decayed)
Mania: 43k 500 plays, best mania player :^)
Xiniox
Vettefan
Player 1 - Xiniox
Player 2 - Ketchup
Reserve - N/A

Yes, our team name is "Vettefan".
Azy
Team Saugjetera
Player 1 - Natsu Dragion
Player 2 - Zekkenthe2nd
Reserve - Patliss

edit
Azy
greia med at det er 4-6 stjernes sanger på alle game modes, men når det kommer til mania er det beste dere kan få til 3.06?! er det noen vits i ta med mania, når sanga er så enkle at alle kan ss dem?
Topic Starter
Divine Cake

Natsu Dragion wrote:

greia med at det er 4-6 stjernes sanger på alle game modes, men når det kommer til mania er det beste dere kan få til 3.06?! er det noen vits i ta med mania, når sanga er så enkle at alle kan ss dem?
That is a fair point. the idea was to design each diffrent mode to the avrage skill of the players involved. but as we were sevral working on the mappool the results differs. I would agree that we should add more difficult maps in mania. But im not the one to make the final ruling there. That has to be Kiwi

Natsu Dragion wrote:

Thank you for mappool feedback. I am not much of a mania player myself so I appreciate it. I will see if I can't anything more fitting. Chillax ;)
Setomi
ctb pool going from platter/salad > Overdose > Harder overdose

Maybe add some more variety? :s

Salad/platter > Rain/easy overdose (or hard rain) > overdose/hard overdose

Platter/rain > easy overdose/overdose > hard overdose

Platter/rain > hard rain/easy overdose (or just overdose) > overdose/hard overdose

Feels a bit wierd having really easy songs at first and then going that "difficult". A player who can barely fc platter/salad will absolutely not be able to contest the later stages
Octagon

Setomi wrote:

Platter/rain > hard rain/easy overdose (or just overdose) > overdose/hard overdose

Feels a bit wierd having really easy songs at first and then going that "difficult" a player who can barely fc platter/salad will absolutely not be able to contest the later stages
I like the platter/salad 2-3 stars in round 1,2,3 then the tiebreaker is a 4,78 star rain. :^) Nice Tiebreaker
Reimo
Rip mania mappool xD
Patliss
best mappool
Jona
Closet otaku Taiko Oni freemod and Yoru naku usagi Muzukashii tiebreaker? Burde ikke disse to switche plass? 8-)

Setomi wrote:

Feels a bit wierd having really easy songs at first and then going that "difficult". A player who can barely fc platter/salad will absolutely not be able to contest the later stages
I agree, there should be a middle stage, and the final ones shouldn't even be that hard. I don't pick the ctb maps though.

Jona wrote:

Closet otaku Taiko Oni freemod and Yoru naku usagi Muzukashii tiebreaker? Burde ikke disse to switche plass? 8-)
Why? The Muzu is rounds 1, 2 and 3 tiebreaker, while Closet Otaku is for the two best teams. In my mind this makes perfect sense.

AzD wrote:

Rip mania mappool xD
How about now?
Jona

Kiwi Stick wrote:

Why? The Muzu is rounds 1, 2 and 3 tiebreaker, while Closet Otaku is for the two best teams. In my mind this makes perfect sense.
My bad, misunderstood the map-pool system :P
Mile
jeg har 2,7k pp taiko og 5,1k pp ctb også synes jeg det blir lettere å passe/fc taiko mappolet x) #drøytCTBmappol

ville likt mer hard < insane < extra "cirka" i oppbygging på alle gamemods

BLACK-NINJA3000 wrote:

#drøytCTBmappol
Yup xD
show more