forum

[Winner: lineqtxz] OCT III - CTB International

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Congratulations to lineqtxz for winning this year's tournament! https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/20040421

Running out of room on thread, the map pools will continue to be updated on the spreadsheet, I'll keep posting mp links here as normal.

Welcome to the CTB portion of the osu! Community Tournament III!

--> OFFICIAL STREAM HERE <--

Introduction

Hi there! I'm Ascendance, host of the osu! Community Tournament, and I'll be taking over this thread from rfandomization, who has gone to pursue other adventures. I wish him the best! Let's get on with it though, this time we're taking a slight departure from the circle-clicking world and moving on to the realm of fruit catching. Since we had to drop Tournament 2 from our line-up of OCT III, we decided to replace it with something new - and since the CTB guys haven't really had a good tournament (CWC excepted. Maybe) in a while, we thought we could fill the existing void. With that, I'm happy to announce the OCT III CTB International!

As with our other tournaments, this will be a 1v1 tournament, between rank ranges of #1-#1K. We're not sure of the exact number of players yet, but that will change as we start pulling in more signups.

Where Can I Sign Up?

Signups are CLOSED for this stage of OCT III unfortunately. If you were hoping to sign up, we're sorry you didn't make it in time ;_; - maybe you'll have better luck next time =D

Tournament Dates

Registration Period: CLOSED! If you were too late to sign up, sorry about that =(
Tournament starts: August 22
Individual match times: here!

Our matches will take place on weekends (that is, Saturday and Sunday), and between 1200 and 2200 UTC. If that time is inconvenient for you for whatever reason, don't let that stop you signing up! If you are accepted into the tournament, we will do our level best to incorporate your schedule with ours, and to accommodate your timing. That said, do try your best to keep your schedule clear if you can. Inform us beforehand if you absolutely cannot. We have things we can do :D

Another friendly reminder that we WILL notify you if you are in the tournament, via a PM on the osu! website. Also, if you are a prospective participant, we request that you either turn off the "no PMs except from friends" option if you have it toggled on, or add one of us so we can keep in contact with you =)

Rules

Tournament Rules v2

WE HAVE RESET THE GROUP STAGES IN ORDER TO DITCH COMPLETELY RANDOMIZED SEEDS. YOU WILL NOW BE SEEDED BY THE FOLLOWING.

The top 16 ranked players in this tournament will be considered Top Seeds
The next 16 ranked players will be considered High Seeds
The next 16 will be considered Low Seeds
The bottom 16 will be considered No Seed

Each group will have 1 player from each seed within it. The rank differential between the Top Seed and the No Seed player will be taken into account while creating groups. Hopefully this allows for a more fair placement of players according to their skill level.

Participation Rules
1. If you are found causing drama / cheating / or are silenced*, you will be suspended from the OCT CTB International.
*We know some silences are silly. A referee will check to see if the reason for your silence was viable for suspension or not.
2. If you drop below 1000 rank during this time, you WILL remain eligible for play as long as you have played in the week previous to the tournament.
3. If you go inactive without our knowing (a PM to me), we will suspend your participation, as we want to minimize no-shows.
4. Map selectors cannot participate in this tournament.

Staff Rules
1. If you are caught giving staff information to participants or any other non-staff member, you, as well as the player in question, will be removed from the participation/staff list.
2. All staff are to report to Ascendance with any sights on cheating players / staff interference with players / or other actions that could interfere with the competitive integrity of the tournament.
3. For Mapset Selectors, the map pool must be completed the Sunday before the first scheduled match.

Mapset Selection Rules (Staff and participants)
1. There must be 6 NOMOD, 4 HIDDEN, 4 HARDROCK, 4 DOUBLETIME, 4 FREEMOD, and 1 TIEBREAKER
2. When selecting DOUBLETIME, both players are allowed to pick DTHD or DTHR (If you really want to... I had to add this so I don't get yelled at for being noob or something)
3. When playing FREEMOD, the person who SELECTED the map must pick HD or HR or HDHR. However, the opponent does not have to use a mod, but can if they would like.
4. 2 Maps can be banned by each player.
5. Players are allowed to pick more than one map from each mod pool. (No mod restrictions)
NEW 6. When selecting HR, both players may also use HD alongside it. However, this is not the case for the HIDDEN pool, where it is the ONLY mod allowed to be used.
NEW 7. In the FREEMOD category, players are NOT ALLOWED to use side-mods such as EZ, FL, SD, PF, or other non-rankable mods. Difficulty reduction mods are also not allowed.
NEW 8. In the FREEMOD category, should both players agree, DT can be used alongside any other applicable mod.

Group Stage Rules
1. The top 2 players from each group will make it into the Elimination Stage.
2. Each player will play against the other players in their group 1 time, making the best possible score 3-0, followed by 2-1, 1-2 and 0-3.
3. In the event of a player being disqualified in the middle of a group, each other player will be given a 3-1 win over the player in question.
4. Group Stage is Best of 5 maps (First to 3 map wins).

In-Game Rules
1. Any type of BM or ill will towards opponents will have you immediately disqualified from this tournament, whether it be in lobby, through PM, or any outside source.
2. You are allowed 15 minutes after the match start time to show up for your match. Please be reminded that sometimes we will be ahead or behind schedule, so please plan accordingly.
3. In the event of a no-show, the player will be given a 3-0 win over the opponent.
4. If you are disrespectful to the referee or any other tournament official, you will be immediately disqualified from this tournament.
5. If you disconnect from the match lobby, we will count the map as a loss, even if the opponent agrees to a rematch. If you are able to screenshot proof that it was a bancho error, we will replay the map.
6. If you quit the lobby out of rage or otherwise, we will immediately disqualify you from the tournament.

Map Pools

Focus of Group Stage Map Pool
This first map pool is meant to be slightly easier than the Group Stage pool of CWC, to slowly ease players into a competitive setting, but also to give even footing to those who aren't star players. Don't be discouraged, however, as the pool following this one will be significantly harder.

Group Stage

Maps can be downloaded in a map pack here!

NoMod:

void feat. Komatsuna - Akatsuki no Tsuki [Superstar's Rain] by Spectator
UVERworld - CORE PRIDE (TV Size) [Rain] by mingmichael
M2U - The Queen [Rain] by WildOne94
ginkiha - EOS [Lycoris] by alacat
BiBi - Cutie Panther [Insane] by happy623
Last Note. - Caramel Heaven [Heaven] by Snepif

Hidden:

FELT - Goldrop [Spec's Rain] by Lust
senya - Utakata, Ai no Mahoroba [Lunatic] by Scorpiour
Shihori - Bloody Night [Lunatic] by Frostmourne
Harry - Earth Day [Earth Day] by Moway

Hard Rock:

Mili - Utopiosphere [Platter] by Spectator
Sakura Chiyo (CV:Ozawa Ari) - URAOMOTE FORTUNE [Gu's Insane] by KantoKun
Hatsune Miku - Sabamiso! [Hard!] by val0108
Silent Spica - Anhedonia [Hard] by Muya

Double Time:

CLIFF EDGE - Endless Tears feat. Nakamura Maiko [Salad] by CLSW
Tatsh feat. ENA - Flash -2nd Desire- [Lunatic] by Miya
Saitou Chiwa - Futakotome [Insane] by Frostmourne
Dimrain47 - Midnight Siege [Epic] by Kyshiro

FreeMod:

School Food Punishment - in bloom [Insane] by Shilkey
wa. vs ETIA. - Akasagarbha [Hyper] by DaxMasterix
LiSA - traumerei (TV Ver.) [Q-H's Platter] by taiko_maniac1811
Memme - Chinese Restaurant [Hyper] by Muya

Tiebreaker:

ALiCE'S EMOTiON - Mami Mami Zone [0108] by Mixagji

Round of 32

Maps can be downloaded in a map pack here!

NoMod:

seiya-murai feat. ALT - KUNG-FU MAMA [sauci's Overdose] by Irreversible
livetune feat. Hatsune Miku - Tell Your World [Insane] by Colin Hou
Takanashi Yasuharu - Keisei Gyakuten [Rain] by Xinely
DJ Okawari - Luv Letter [Posthumous] by nold_1702
Luxion - High-Priestess [Sudden Death] by RikiH_
Itou Kanako - Find the blue (Short Ver) [Rain!-ing Delusions] by Kurokami

Hidden:

Hanatan - Kimi no Kiseki [Insane] by ampzz
rerulili - Noushou Sakuretsu Girl [dksslqj Style] by NatsumeRin
makou - Right Now [Another] by iyasine
ChouchouP - Tsukimiyo Rabbit [Insane] by Zero__Wind

Hard Rock:

ONE OK ROCK - Answer is Near [Insane] by Kuria
David Bergeaud - Joraal Nebula - Leviathan [Sey's Platter] by _Gezo_
DJ YOSHITAKA feat. Hoshino Kanako - MAX LOVE [Hyper] by Startrick
Boom - How Do You Do (Nightcore Mix) [America!!] by ztrot

Double Time:

Avicii - Addicted To You [Platter] by Sey
Romaji - VOiCE [Platter] by eldnl
Sakaue Nachi - Light travel distance RAYTO MIX [Lunatic] by Frostmourne
monoROSETTA - Koi no Recipe to Et Cetera [Insane] by cRyo[iceeicee]

FreeMod:

Linked Horizon - Guren no Yumiya (TV Size) [Insane] by Kuria
PESS vs t.A.T.u. - All The Things She Said (DnB Remix) [TuHard] by spboxer3
kors k - Insane Techniques [Last Bubble's Platter] by LeiN-
Kayano Ai - Oracion(TV-Size) [Platter] by Serena-

Tiebreaker:

senya - Kanjou Chemistry (Drum 'n' Bass Remix) [Exw] by Satellite

Round of 16

No map pack yet!

NoMod:

Camellia - Chirality [Isomer] by RLC
TeamGrimoire+Amaneko - croiX [Spec's CTB Overdose] by HelloSCV
Tristram - Till it's Over [Ultra Hard] by Luanny
Yousei Teikoku - Wahrheit [Saten] by Saten
Wotamin - Rubik's Cube [Puzzle] by Kite
Omoi - Nee William [Extra] by Yales

Hidden:

Meg & Dia - Monster (DotEXE Remix) [ursa's OverdoZe] by nold_1702
Giga-P - LUVORATORRRRRY! [HW's Extra] by Selisi
Akiakane - FlashBack [Insane] by Kiiwa
Hige Driver join. SELEN - Dadadadadadadadadada [EXTREME] by spboxer3

Hard Rock:

P*Light - Poppin' Shower [Another] by Reisen Udongein
Shihori - Bamboo Dance [Lunatic] by Frostmourne
xi - Ascension to Heaven [Death] by Shiirn
sakuzyo - Scheol [Another] by HelloSCV

Double Time:

Nekomata Master feat. Hayashi Momoko - Rainbow after snow [Maximum] by osuplayer111
u's - Snow halation (TV Size) [Vhy's Platter] by Xinely
Persona - Area184 [Platter184][Lunatic] by alienflybot
Bon Jovi - It's My Life [Hard] by Natteke

FreeMod:

DJ Sharpnel - Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star [Highspeed] by xBubu
u's - KiRa-KiRa Sensation! (TV Size) [Kurokami's Rain] by eINess
Owl City - Up All Night [Insane] by FrostxE
Nishino Kana - Darling [Insane] by Giralda

Tiebreaker:

UNDEAD CORPORATION - Yoru Naku Usagi wa Yume o Miru [CRN's Extra] by Smoothie

Links for Me, Links for You, Links for Everyone!

Challonge Brackets
Official Stream!
Youtube ----> A MASSIVE thanks to Shinenite for this!
Twitter
OFFICIAL SPREADSHEET! RULES/MAP POOLS/ ETC

Tournament Staff

We will be adding some players and other people involved with CTB to help us organize this tournament and hopefully make it a success.

Tournament Host: Ascendance
Puppet: alienflybot
Streamers:Pannari, Mysterious
Commentators: Sulker, - Magic Bomb -, Demo, Zak, TenguKing9, -itsy_v2-, kingkevin30
Map Selectors: alienflybot, -itsy_v2-, Withered Lotus, TenguKing9, He Ang Erika, -Ryuujii-, CLSW
Map Testers: Everyone on the Map Selection team!
Video Management:Help wanted!
Design Team:Ambition, Pannari, torappu
Miscellaneous Work: Raphalge, Language, - Trinity -, torappu, _Easy_
Player Verification: Dionysaw
Scheduling: Ascendance

If you have questions that aren't answered by this thread or our Reddit posts, contact Ascendance.

Here's the mp links I've acquired if you want to check them out!

https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18774827 ~ El SolarBeam vs. wesley221
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18776063 ~ em1r vs. Hardstylemix
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18776956 ~ Ryoko vs. TheWaterBottle
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18764398 ~ ZiRoX vs. Ster
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18742379 ~ Badis vs. Kazuyo
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18745120 ~ Kingkevin30 vs. Dika312
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18755614 ~ lineqtxz vs. Abstract-
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18795820 ~ [Nico] vs. [Force]
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18799628 ~ Lechuguin vs. Tsukiyama (Who took 224's place in the brackets)
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18809396 ~ Shurelia vs. Setomi
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18810420 ~ El SolarBeam vs. Kazuyo
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18891404 ~ Galaxi vs. Seynn
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18894650 ~ Ryoko vs. [Force]

----------Round of 16----------

~~Loser's Bracket 3~~

https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/19023783 ~ lechuguin vs. Ster (osu_gangster)
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18976260 ~ Zak vs. Setomi
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18959778 ~ Shurelia vs. Haarashi
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18992152 ~ Galaxi vs. Ryoko

~~Winner's Bracket 3~~

https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/19042746 ~ Shurelia vs. dika312

I'll update when I collect more!

And lastly,
Well, here we go again! Thanks for all the support you guys give us, we really appreciate it. All you fruit catchers (and droppers) out there, this one's for you.
Arf
-snip-
NXTKitKat
2 minutes and registration already over lol
Arf

NXTKitKat wrote:

2 minutes and registration already over lol
OOPS. Mistake on my part.
DEFINITELY NOT OVER. =D
Haarashi
signed up :D
ProgrammerSocks
I signed up, and I'm looking forward to the tournament, but I've got a question: Out of all your map selectors, only one is an even remotely seriously CtB player, and 8/10 of their top maps are EZDT. Point is, how are you gonna make sure the harder maps are any good?

I don't mean to be insulting, it's just that this was a huge problem in the last tournament I participated in.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
uwu I am EZDT farmer, we have map selectors but our poster here forgot to change it from our standard portion, where I don't farm EZDT LOL... Sorry about this, he's away until sunday though so it will be changed then!
Selo
Signed up, maybe I can make it even further than the CWC this year :3
HyakkiSama
I registered
Suikami
Count me in then.
Netamaru
Registered, need some fun on my holidays :D
Senfuresu Kura
Registered c:
Tenyo_old_2
can i join :)
iiyo
o look a serious tournament, i'll join in
autofanboy
well do you still need a staff
Bunnrei
to join

or not to join

if my pc screws up i will jump off a cliff :^(
He Ang CTB
I WANT TO BE A MAP SELECTOR \o/
Yostel
Kisetsunotori

He Ang Erika wrote:

Erika = Mapselector
DT = Death
Setomi
I hype this
He Ang CTB

Kisetsunotori wrote:

He Ang Erika wrote:

Erika = Mapselector
DT = Death
Bu-but ... I'M SUCH A NICE PERSONN D: *get slapped*
AFB = Mapselector
HD = Death
autofanboy

He Ang Erika wrote:

Kisetsunotori wrote:

Erika = Mapselector
DT = Death
AFB = Mapselector
HD = Death
):

let's bring on the combo

itsy = Mapselector
HR = Death
He Ang CTB
let's bring on the combo

itsy = Mapselector
HR = Death
YES TOTALLY XD
Looool if itsy = Commentator
My abdominals = cramp to death X'DDDD
VOTE ITSY FOR MOST HILARIOUS COMMENTATOR \o/
Say

Ascendance wrote:

uwu I am EZDT farmer, we have map selectors but our poster here forgot to change it from our standard portion, where I don't farm EZDT LOL... Sorry about this, he's away until sunday though so it will be changed then!
WTF? xd
Shurelia
Umm.. Where's the rules for this tournament?
VagaNNN

He Ang Erika wrote:

let's bring on the combo

itsy = Mapselector
HR = Death
YES TOTALLY XD
Looool if itsy = Commentator
My abdominals = cramp to death X'DDDD
VOTE ITSY FOR MOST HILARIOUS COMMENTATOR \o/
Osu CWC commentators ---> Vaga triple "N" :D
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Shurelia wrote:

Umm.. Where's the rules for this tournament?
Monday. Had to write up stuff for the upcoming standard portion of the tournament and I'll be gone all weekend. Sorry to leave you in the dark
He Ang CTB

VagaNNN wrote:

Osu CWC commentators ---> Vaga triple "N"
VOTING FOR VAGANNN AS COMMENTATOR ALSO XD

Russian accent please XD *slapped*
Topic Starter
Ascendance
This post will be updated as the tournament progresses. I will ask for it to be copy+pasted into the main post.

Tournament Rules

Participation Rules
1. If you are found causing drama / cheating / or are silenced*, you will be suspended from the OCT CTB International.
*We know some silences are silly. A referee will check to see if the reason for your silence was viable for suspension or not.
2. If you drop below 1000 rank during this time, you WILL remain eligible for play as long as you have played in the week previous to the tournament.
3. If you go inactive without our knowing (a PM to me), we will suspend your participation, as we want to minimize no-shows.
4. Map selectors cannot participate in this tournament.

Staff Rules
1. If you are caught giving staff information to participants or any other non-staff member, you, as well as the player in question, will be removed from the participation/staff list.
2. All staff are to report to Ascendance with any sights on cheating players / staff interference with players / or other actions that could interfere with the competitive integrity of the tournament.
3. For Mapset Selectors, the map pool must be completed the Sunday before the first scheduled match.

Mapset Selection Rules (Staff and participants)
1. There must be 6 NOMOD, 4 HIDDEN, 4 HARDROCK, 4 DOUBLETIME, 4 FREEMOD, and 1 TIEBREAKER
2. When selecting DOUBLETIME, both players are allowed to pick DTHD or DTHR (If you really want to... I had to add this so I don't get yelled at for being noob or something)
3. When playing FREEMOD, the person who SELECTED the map must pick HD or HR or HDHR. However, the opponent does not have to use a mod, but can if they would like.
4. 2 Maps can be banned by each player.
5. Players are allowed to pick more than one map from each mod pool. (No mod restrictions)

Group Stage Rules
1. The top 2 players from each group will make it into the Elimination Stage.
2. Each player will play against the other players in their group 1 time, making the best possible score 3-0, followed by 2-1, 1-2 and 0-3.
3. In the event of a player being disqualified in the middle of a group, each other player will be given a 3-1 win over the player in question.
4. Group Stage is Best of 5 maps (First to 3 map wins).

In-Game Rules
1. Any type of BM or ill will towards opponents will have you immediately disqualified from this tournament, whether it be in lobby, through PM, or any outside source.
2. You are allowed 15 minutes after the match start time to show up for your match. Please be reminded that sometimes we will be ahead or behind schedule, so please plan accordingly.
3. In the event of a no-show, the player will be given a 3-0 win over the opponent.
4. If you are disrespectful to the referee or any other tournament official, you will be immediately disqualified from this tournament.
5. If you disconnect from the match lobby, we will count the map as a loss, even if the opponent agrees to a rematch. If you are able to screenshot proof that it was a bancho error, we will replay the map.
6. If you quit the lobby out of rage or otherwise, we will immediately disqualify you from the tournament.

If you have any questions about anything further, please reply with this quoted and I will respond ASAP and update post if needed. Thank you~
show more