forum

[resolved] Never ending updates

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Innocent
Problem Details:

My client is always downloading the same update (b20150802) no matter what release stream I am on. I have no idea how it started :/

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150730cuttingedge
Trosk-
Try to change your osu! release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and then go back to Stable. That's a weird loop actually.
Topic Starter
Innocent

Trosk- wrote:

Try to change your osu! release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and then go back to Stable. That's a weird loop actually.
It does not matter what release stream I choose, it just does the same thing.
Trosk-

InnocentSet wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

It does not matter what release stream I choose, it just does the same thing.
Try to hold Shift while opening osu! and hold it until a configuration window pops up. Then, on that window, select Cutting Edge release stream and click on repair osu!.

If it's still not working, try to copy osu!.exe into an empty folder and run it. Then, when all the archives get downloaded on that folder, try to run it and see if the problem is gone.
Topic Starter
Innocent

Trosk- wrote:

Try to hold Shift while opening osu! and hold it until a configuration window pops up. Then, on that window, select Cutting Edge release stream and click on repair osu!.

If it's still not working, try to copy osu!.exe into an empty folder and run it. Then, when all the archives get downloaded on that folder, try to run it and see if the problem is gone.
Repairing didn't work but I copied osu!.exe into a separate folder and it worked! I've replaced the old files with the new ones that were created into the original osu! folder and the endless updates have stopped!!

Thank you very much!! :) :)

Edit: It seems when I switch to the Cutting Edge release stream it likes to make me do the update and when I restart it tells me I have more files to download then it just quits on me xD. Guess I'll have to stick to Stable :3