20.83%
Better options at $200
12.50%
Cheap out and get something else
37.50%
Total votes: 24
Topic Starter
The Gambler
Looked at this keyboard and thought that this might be a worthy successor to my dying CM Quickfire TK. I have the budget, and the fact that this KB is pretty much a lag-less KB means this would help immensely with HR plays. RK isn't gonna do much. I'm just looking for an upgrade.

It's also gonna be my new daily driver. My CM has seen not only gaming, but plenty of office work as I bring it to my workplace all the time..

*Before saying I'm shit, come spec me. I basically just stopped rank climbing for a while*
NixXSkate

The Gambler wrote:

I have the budget, and the fact that this KB is pretty much a lag-less KB means this would help immensely with HR plays.
I don't think it would help with HR whatsoever...
Besides, most mechanical keyboards nowadays seem to have adjustable polling rates. You won't notice a 1ms difference.
ZenithPhantasm
You might want to buy PBT keycaps with that.
Bauxe
You're shit.
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

You're shit.
Wow r00d
@Gambler I suggest you check out the Novatouch TKL.
DeletedUser_3905941
No point spending that much for a mechanical keyboard, especially since most mechanical keyboards are already at 1000hz.
If you are actually going all out, then I'd recommend something else.
Try looking on sites such as gmarket (If you know some Korean anyway). Huge variety. Recently got an Mstone Groove87 (1ms, tenkeyless, PBT korean keycaps etc.) for £80.
And although topre is by far the most superior switch to everything (HHKB here), it's pretty bad for osu.
deletemyaccount
If you want it OP, then buy it!

Everyone is always going to say the same thing when it comes to "Will this peripheral/method make me better?", the answer being no and play more.

Value is relative and subjective, and since the technology in that keyboard is exclusive to the Cherry MX Board 6.0, you're paying a hefty premium for it, just like how RGB lighting is significantly more expensive (I'm not going to say overpriced because for many people evidently, shelling out $250 AUD for a disco light is worth it).
Noobsicle
doubt you anyone would notice any difference from realkey technology and any other ordinary mech board, to think it'll improve hr is just silly

would recommend getting a cheaper keyboard + pbt keycaps instead
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Noobsicle wrote:

doubt you anyone would notice any difference from realkey technology and any other ordinary mech board, to think it'll improve hr is just silly

Are there keyboards with PBT keycaps on them? Or do I buy them separately?

Philantropist wrote:

Everyone is always going to say the same thing when it comes to "Will this peripheral/method make me better?", the answer being no and play more.

Value is relative and subjective, and since the technology in that keyboard is exclusive to the Cherry MX Board 6.0, you're paying a hefty premium for it, just like how RGB lighting is significantly more expensive (I'm not going to say overpriced because for many people evidently, shelling out $250 AUD for a disco light is worth it).
Nah I pretty much knew that RK isn't gonna help much.. But the heavy aluminium build looks really enticing, and I hear the wristrest is pretty ballin too.
deletemyaccount

The Gambler wrote:

You can get a set of white backlit PBT on massdrop I believe.
ZenithPhantasm

The Gambler wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

Nah I pretty much knew that RK isn't gonna help much.. But the heavy aluminium build looks really enticing, and I hear the wristrest is pretty ballin too.
Just buy a Vortex Poker: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-pok ... d?s=Vortex
deletemyaccount

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Nah, I think OP should get this instead: https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/the-aviator-keyboard
ZenithPhantasm
8-)
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Philantropist wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Nah, I think OP should get this instead: https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/the-aviator-keyboard
I see we're going steampunk here...