forum

[resolved] Heavy Lag On New Computer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vanilla-Chan
Problem Details: Hye Guys i recently bought a new laptop and the specifications of it are great for running osu! but the major problem that i have would be that osu is lagging heavily my specifications are given below

CPU:- Core i7 4710HQ (High Performance) @ 2.5Ghz turbo upto 3.5GHz
RAM:- 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
GPU:- Nvidia GTX 860M (4GB GDDR5)
Resolution:- 1920*1080P

The most suprising thing is that my desktop is 2 - 3Years older than my laptop and it plays the game at all graphics options turned on even shaders and has 1000+ FPS while on my laptop my FPS is dipping heavily from 200 - 32 which is very annoying.

So if anyone knows any fixes for this please tell me

Thanks

osu! version: 20150802
Trosk-
Check that you don't have any background process taking many resources.

If you are on Stable release stream, check what renderer are you using. If you have OpenGL, change to DirectX.

Also, give a try to Beta or Cutting Edge release streams and see if it works better.

If it's still not working properly, try to update your GPU drivers, because you probably are still with the default drivers. You can download them from here. (This ones are for Windows 10, but they should work on 8.1/7 too)
VeilStar
osu! might be running on your integrated graphics instead of your 860m. Have a look around in your gpu drivers and see if that's the case.
Topic Starter
Vanilla-Chan
Okay and i checked the beat releases it was having a more heavy lag than the stable one and yeah ill have a look at the GPU drivers

Thanks again ill reply back soon
Topic Starter
Vanilla-Chan
Okay i found what was wrong with the game it was always using my intergrated graphics not my gpu so i forced my GPU to be on in every game thereby the frame reate now rests between 400 - 500 so thats better than it was before

Thanks Again