forum

Recommended difficulty too low?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Endaris
Newbs usually develop very quickly if they seriously want to get better so there are no other people you can cry with.

Can't really tell something about your ratio, most people start out with a relatively low number of beatmaps and play them until they decide to stick with the game.
StephOsu

tacchinotacchi wrote:

I don't think it's just play more. If it would be just play more i would play more of the same maps, while he means to play other maps.
I already though of that , but never took it too seriously, thank you
By the way, are you all pros here? Isn't there any other noob i can cry with? Am i the only one?
play more of other maps and same maps alike are still play more
and nah im not a pro im just average
would say that anyone that's under 10k rank can be considered as a pro
Yolshka

tacchinotacchi wrote:

I don't think it's just play more. If it would be just play more i would play more of the same maps, while he means to play other maps.
I already though of that , but never took it too seriously, thank you
By the way, are you all pros here? Isn't there any other noob i can cry with? Am i the only one?
EDIT: do i have a relatively low ratio between played maps and play count?
You can cry with me.

I currently have 2726 beatmap available , yet it feels like i have played all of them but obviously i only played a portion of these seriously.

If we don't count the diffs and game modes i have no interest in, then it's way less than that of course.

Recommended difficulty is fine, i never actually used it before, but now i tried it , and it gave me the exact same map i was trying to FC today.
Mahogany

StephOsu wrote:

anyone that's under 10k rank can be considered as a pro
That's nice but as a 5.5k player I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near pro at all.

I'd say the top 1k would be worthy of being called "pros"
Yuudachi-kun

Mahogany wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

anyone that's under 10k rank can be considered as a pro
That's nice but as a 5.5k player I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near pro at all.

That's nice, but as a 900's player I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near pro at all.

I'd say 6,500+pp would be worthy of being called "pros" which is around top 250
StephOsu

Khelly wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

That's nice, but as a 900's player I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near pro at all.

i hate you guys T^T
Endaris
I'd agree with Maho at least though. At 5k you don't have that rocksolid basics that allow you to play any map.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

I'd agree with Maho at least though. At 5k you don't have that rocksolid basics that allow you to play any map.

Unbalanced skillsets ftw
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

I would *mostly* agree with this. I probably wouldn't agree that all 250 are but with the concept that "pro" extends down that far at the very least. It's a really subjective term to use though as a measure of skill and is far from having a commonly agreed upon meaning. If you use pp as a metric then the best you could get is that no one is "pro".

You would start off suggesting a pp to call "pro" and then a large group of players would disagree because X player doesn't meet that cutoff and is "clearly" a better player than player Y who does. This would cascade all the way up the ladder until the point where the rrtyui vs hvick argument would begin. So either you end up giving up and saying no one is pro, or you begrudgingly accept that if there is a set of "pro" players it must include hvick.

Well, we jump back into the rrtyui vs hvick debate and lower the bar to whatever pp rrtyui has and before we know it we've argued it all the way down to the point where players are so bad you can't even argue that one is better than the other. At which point most people point out that the majority of our set of pro players are garbage.

It's more or less the same thing as when league ranks were brought up and probably the same reason doublelift goes around calling everyone trash. The whole argument is pointless because no one will ever agree.
Mahogany
I think the problem is the words used, honestly. "Pro" is the wrong word to use and is used far too liberally, to the exclusion of other words.
Yuudachi-kun
The reason I said pp is because it's more static than rank - 1k today isn't what it was a year ago.
StephOsu

Mahogany wrote:

Pro" is the wrong word to use and is used far too liberally, to the exclusion of other words.
true
i mean there's no people who actually use osu as the source of money (excluding streamer because they can/are streaming other stuffs too(like Doomsday)
Mahogany
Well I don't think anyone uses the word "Pro" in it's actual proper definition when talking about osu players anyway.
StephOsu
yeah but instead of using "pro" we could use "good" or "great" instead
but idk which scumbag but he decided to misuse this word
ZenithPhantasm
OP is too suck to FC maps so he complains everyone is insulting him.
Heres something for you OP: You suck
Yuudachi-kun

StephOsu wrote:

yeah but instead of using "pro" we could use "good" or "great" instead
but idk which scumbag but he decided to misuse this word
Actually, it is very common for many people to use "pro" as a synonym for "really good"
B1rd
Words change in meaning over time. That's how languages work. That's why we still aren't using 'thee' and 'thou' and whatnot.
Topic Starter
tacchinotacchi

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

OP is too suck to FC maps so he complains everyone is insulting him.
Heres something for you OP: You suck
Complain everyone insulting me? I'm thanking you
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

Words change in meaning over time. That's how languages work. That's why we still aren't using 'thee' and 'thou' and whatnot.
Get this descriptivist nonsense off of my forums
pandaBee

Khelly wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Get this descriptivist nonsense off of my forums
Can't handle the truth?
Zuikaku

Khelly wrote:

Or you could just ignore that any play whatever you want anyways - you only have like three S's at the 3* level in your top plays and everything below that is shit A, B, and C's.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s16MvJGE6pda
http://vocaroo.com/i/s14rJivGFUuy
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1nKRk2nD2Ls
Telstra3G
Just play harder songs and you will get higher recommended difficulty.
I don't think recommended difficulty would affect anyone's ability to play anyway.
So just play maps you think is suitable for you
Zuikaku

tacchinotacchi wrote:

I'm an osu noob, but you can bet your ass i'm not an internet noob. I knew what was going to happen when i wrote the first letter of title of the thread.
FALSE. It's impossible that you knew what would happen the second you typed the first letter - BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T EVEN WRITE ANYTHING APART FROM 'R'.
StephOsu

Khelly wrote:

Actually, it is very common for many people to use "pro" as a synonym for "really good"
but "pro" was never meant to be used like that
until someone uses it like that
Topic Starter
tacchinotacchi

Poisonmellon wrote:

tacchinotacchi wrote:

I'm an osu noob, but you can bet your ass i'm not an internet noob. I knew what was going to happen when i wrote the first letter of title of the thread.
FALSE. It's impossible that you knew what would happen the second you typed the first letter - BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T EVEN WRITE ANYTHING APART FROM 'R'.
I just got internetd' (or internet-pwnd)
Jojoha
Where do you guys see recommended difficulty?
Vuelo Eluko
good job
Mahogany

Jojoha wrote:

Click the "Beatmaps" thingy near the top of your screen on the website and then click "Recommended difficulty"

Also jeez my rec difficulty is 5.42 yet I'm still playing 5* maps for PP.

Maybe if there were more 5.5* maps that were purely aim focused I could actually rank
Vuelo Eluko

Mahogany wrote:

Jojoha wrote:

Click the "Beatmaps" thingy near the top of your screen on the website and then click "Recommended difficulty"

Also jeez my rec difficulty is 5.42 yet I'm still playing 5* maps for PP.

Maybe if there were more 5.5* maps that were purely aim focused I could actually rank
i wish 5.5* maps were less aim focused
Jojoha

Mahogany wrote:

Jojoha wrote:

Thanks
Neow_old_1
If you find 2* real boring, go and find a 2.5* map that's been mapped as if it were a hard or something. They exist. But don't go leaps and bounds and go play 4* suddenly. In short, you'll fuck yourself over.
Use this as a rule of thumb, if you need nofail to struggle through it, it's too hard. I used to slap nofail on all the time and then attempt an insane.
Endaris

Neow wrote:

If you find 2* real boring, go and find a 2.5* map that's been mapped as if it were a hard or something. They exist. But don't go leaps and bounds and go play 4* suddenly. In short, you'll fuck yourself over.
Use this as a rule of thumb, if you need nofail to struggle through it, it's too hard. I used to slap nofail on all the time and then attempt an insane.
You don't make any sense sir "play 4.7* at 537pp"
Bara-
I think it's fine
Mine is almost 5 (4.96 I believe)
All things above it give pp, but I have trouble FC'ing
All things below are quite manageable, but give less pp
Ofcourse, take it with a grain of salt, it's not that 4.95 is easy as heck, while 4.97 is impossible
Neow_old_1

Endaris wrote:

Neow wrote:

You don't make any sense sir "play 4.7* at 537pp"
I was trying to offer this person advice. Please leave me alone and stop trying to decide for me what maps I should play. I'll play whatever I find challenging myself; and if I get 'bad habits' because of it later on, then its my own fucking problem.
E m i
yeah miraizu dt every day
ZenithPhantasm
Play more
Kibbleru
why does this matter tho.. its not like ur forced to play the recommended diffs...
E m i

Kibbleru wrote:

why does this matter tho.. its not like ur forced to play the recommended diffs...
We will never know