forum

How to get used to using the keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nugget The Cat
I have used my mouse, and primarily my mouse for Osu so far, clicking with it not using my keyboard at all, and it has been successful up to now (went from 1.6mil - 250k in a week)

I am starting to do songs around 3-3.6 stars and using clicking really doesnt work much for it, and whenever I try using my keyboard it feels weird and I end up tapping too soon or too late really often compared to clicking, but the stacking notes and the fast notes screw me up when I use my mouse as I can only click so much.

How should I get used to using the keyboard? I've tried starting by using it on easier songs but I just don't get better, it still feels wierd. :/ :?
Mahogany
Just keep playing songs at the level you're at to get used to your keyboard. Nothing can teach you muscle memory except for using it.

Press F10 to disable mouse clicks to make absolutely sure you have to use your KB.
trebby
Try a tablet if you have one lying around, that'll force you to use the keyboard, but if you don't want to invest in one, my best advice is just to play more to get used to it. And also disable mouse clicks like Mahogany mentioned.
Endaris

CuboidBeats wrote:

Try a tablet if you have one lying around, that'll force you to use the keyboard
are you sure?
ZenithPhantasm
Play more :lol:
chainpullz

Endaris wrote:

CuboidBeats wrote:

Try a tablet if you have one lying around, that'll force you to use the keyboard
are you sure?
That he would have probably missed all 44 of those notes if he wasn't using a keyboard? Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
Endaris
That isn't any different from mouse though as alternating mouse buttons is way less effective than doing click+x.