forum

[duplicate] Full screen not actually full screen in cutting edge?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jerome
Problem Details:

In the cutting edge build, ticking the "full screen" option doesn't appear to work as intended, I think. It feels more like borderless window - alt-tabbing from the game is incredibly quick, my FPS is the same as if I was using borderless window and I still experience the infamous lag of Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if this is an intentional change or something solely to do with my system but on stable, Fullscreen works as intended (no lag and it takes a few seconds to alt-tab out of the game).

osu! version: 20150806cuttingedge
Trosk-
Did you try to change the resolution? Sometimes the screen options get stuck. If you can't, close osu!, open osu! while holding Shift and hold it until a configuration window pops up, then select your wished settings and click on start osu!.

If it's not that, probably you have the 'Confine mouse to fullscreen' (iirc that's its name, I'm not sure) option disabled. Enable it.

Also, on Stable, changing to fullscreen takes more time, that's not rare. I use fullscreen on CE and it hasn't any problem.

By the way, for Cutting Edge issues and questions, use the Cutting Edge thread instead of making a new thread, thanks.
Topic Starter
Jerome
Thanks man, I didn't know about a cutting edge thread my bad.

I have Confine mouse to screen enabled and I don't think it is the screen options getting stuck. I am just convinced somehow that theres something about full screen on cutting edge that means Windows isn't treating it as full screen, and therefore you get the infamous Windows 8/8.1 vsync lag. I'll repost it to the correct thread but thanks.
Trosk-

Jerome wrote:

Thanks man, I didn't know about a cutting edge thread my bad.

I have Confine mouse to screen enabled and I don't think it is the screen options getting stuck. I am just convinced somehow that theres something about full screen on cutting edge that means Windows isn't treating it as full screen, and therefore you get the infamous Windows 8/8.1 vsync lag. I'll repost it to the correct thread but thanks.
You shouldn't have to do it. If this actually belongs to the CE thread, a Moderator will merge the thread.

And like I said on my last message, did you actually try to change the screen mode and resolution? The OS shouldn't "be treating it like is not Fullscreen". Like I said, I play on Fullscreen on Cutting Edge release stream every day. There is something wrong on your end.
Topic Starter
Jerome
Yea, I did try to change the resolution. Are you on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 though? It might be something on my end but I thought it was worth checking
Trosk-

Jerome wrote:

Yea, I did try to change the resolution. Are you on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 though? It might be something on my end but I thought it was worth checking
Windows 10, I don't have any problem.
VeilStar
I see you've already posted in the cutting edge thread instead. Use that thread for cutting edge related issues. Marking this as a duplicate.