forum

Ranking system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zTk11z
I have some confusion with the ranking system, I don't understand why when playing a new map that I have never played before and then getting an S rank FC with no 50's just a few 100's causes to me lose ranks. I could understand if it was a map that I had already played before and I got a worse accuracy or etc but it wasn't :/ Seems silly that I can just lose ranks for causally playing a new map as a warm up that I didn't even do that badly on. Please can someone help me with my confusion here XD
DeletedUser_3905941
Maybe it's entirely due to accuracy. When I look at your top scores, they're filled with a mix between decent and bad, but mostly just bad (compared to mine anyway)
Always aim for 95% on a map, or just full combo everything because it seems osu! prefers fc's over accuracy.
silmarilen
other people play the game aswell, while you werent playing they passed you in ranks and when you set your new score it updates your rank.
Mahogany
People pass you in rank while you're not playing, but it only updates when you submit a score. Therefore, even if you set a good play, you can still appear to lose many ranks.

Use PP as a more consistent judgement.