forum

The most angry you have gotten at osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Verity
Mine is pretty gradual. I'm usually fine, some days i feel like a got the mofo'n sharingan and others tilt until I freakin capsize. For me to rage quit though i have to be retrying the same map for 2 to 3 hours before i have to find my sanity i.e clean glasses, make a coffee, raid the pantry; you know the deal.
Karpathin
well.. let's say it hurts to choke on a 200pp score
Fatal3ty
Choke :(

Last Hitcircle one miss, my Top Play with DT has a last hitcircle one miss... :(
Crakz
gz
Mirai Kuriyama
I broke my laptop and had to buy a new one the next day, I was trying to beat a hard map and blacked out for a second after failing for the umpteenth time.
Nihavend
Sometimes im not in the mood but i force myself to play ,i go full combo on a song i say to myself "WOW you're going strong, let's play a bit harder map."
i play that map , i say "ahh it's easy" then i loose the f.kn rhythm and i miss a single note near the end.

AHHHH NEAR THE END WHYYYY??? :x
Edgar_Figaro
My biggest annoyance (can't really say rage) was having a really great play on a 5 minute song to only find out I had NF turned on.
[Gaia]_old
I was FCing a really hard song and I choked in one of the final notes, I got so angry I slapped my laptop which resulted in a Blue Screen of Death. I never got angry again because I was fearing what I could do when I snapped, so if I felt myself slipping up I would just alt+f4 immediately and go play some relaxing game.
iadfugh
about to pass a map that was almost impossible for me , got to end with low hp, and there was a slider. a long one.
i died halfway through it, i almost smashed my keyboard and tablet
niino
I just destroyed the menu key on my keyboard by ramming the stylus under it.

I'm having some kind of "osu! burnout syndrome" where I can't do shit anymore. Guess I have to take a break for several days; this is what helped the last times. And after returning, I was usually better than before. And even more important, the game was fun again. After my first break I was suddenly able to do longer streams, and after my second break I was able to do much bigger jumps at smaller circles sizes, so my aim suddenly improved a lot by NOT playing the game.

I guess that taking a break is necessary for the training effect to kick in. Anyone else here experiencing the same?
Sayorie
not being able to quit osu!

also nice old thread
-Makishima S-
The "WHY U HEFF TO BE MED" thread

Only one time throwed my pen across the room when overstreamed GoldenWolf World's End long stream in middle.
n0stamina
Hm never rage instead laugh if it's a 1 miss. If it's a fail near the end or something I just stop n face palm for a good 2-4 seconds.
Jukkii
I never have raged at osu. When i miss i just look at it and retry. I think about what i did wrong and try harder next time.
YoshikuniKazuko
All of the times I've yelled or muttered angrily at my monitor were caused by myself which frustrated me more. Both are from bloody retry button lol.

The first one was where I press (not hold) the key to restart, so everything dims to black and I get ready to begin again, and then the map continues on. It was extremely infuriating when I was trying to FC one of those really short 1 minute maps with Hard Rock so I was restarting a ton and almost every time I didn't hold it down long enough.

Second was when I was doing pretty well and I paused during a break to go get a drink. I come back to the menu and automatically without thinking pressed 'Retry'... I just sat there for a bit then pressed Alt+F4 really hard to exit.

Edit: The ` Symbol didn't show that well
[Gaia]_old

YoshikuniKazuko wrote:

All of the times I've yelled or muttered angrily at my monitor were caused by myself which frustrated me more. Both are from bloody retry button lol.

The first one was where I press (not hold) the key to restart, so everything dims to black and I get ready to begin again, and then the map continues on. It was extremely infuriating when I was trying to FC one of those really short 1 minute maps with Hard Rock so I was restarting a ton and almost every time I didn't hold it down long enough.

Second was when I was doing pretty well and I paused during a break to go get a drink. I come back to the menu and automatically without thinking pressed 'Retry'... I just sat there for a bit then pressed Alt+F4 really hard to exit.

Edit: The ` Symbol didn't show that well
You have no idea how much the retry thing infuriates me. I'll pause during a break and alt+tab to do somethinng, then I come back and I accidentally press the mouse button and the fucking cursor is akways at the top of the retry button (I play Mania). That's why I developed a habit of dragging the cursor somewhere else every time I start a song.
FINGERLOCK
choking easy maps to the point where I uninstalled :^)
I Give Up
I never get mad at osu, I only get sad and upset. It was around January 2015 when I began to fall from my peak rank due to not being able to increase my eyes to ar10.3. I remember I was so depressed with myself that I played deathstream maps for hours until my hand started to hurt. Accumulated almost 200,000 hits that one day. Ten times my normal amount.
Quag
I don't really get mad at osu (or any video game), but any time my computer has a lag spike that causes a choke, I gat a little tilted.
vinnicci
Yukitemi
The most angry I've gotten is when I said "fuck" too loud and got grounded... im 24.
Obelisk
their was this map i continously retried for hours once and knew i could fc it but the chokes was so hard i ended up just deleting it cause it enraged me so hard, and then my friend sends me an request to play for him like a month later.. yeah its that map im just about to fc on the last 2 notes i miss and i die automatically.. out of shock i dont understand why then i see i had sudden death on..

fml deleted map again n quit for like a week
Deusieus
I destroyed a keyboard, 3 mice on my whole osu career and that's about it.
Rio-
Not really angry, but I usually get upset...

If you're asking me atm. Now I can't play anything (in osu!) cuz' of my current left hand not work well for these past months. Kind of make me upset...
For my old-self, when shitmiss near the end of the song or getting low acc I usually get upset.
Soulg
i get pretty furious everyday that im not streaming any better than i was 2 years ago

i feel like aqo except im too stubborn to quit
Manfred
If I can keep my anger bottled up, I sit back in my chair and just stare at the ceiling while my pulse is so strong and rapid it makes my head bob back and forth with each beat because my blood is at the boiling point. If I can't handle it, I slam my desk a few times, contemplate breaking my pen before I throw it at the wall while saying fuck fuck fuck fuck over and over. Fun game.
WavePoint
At the end of the level where the last note (which is a spinner 3*) I got PISED (not raged once ever in Osu) and later laughed
Foxtrot
I once threw my mouse at the monitor and they both broke
Kiritsugu_old_1
playing aoi eir ignite
Sviundt
When playing the same song over 300 times and shitmiss every single firetrucking one of them.

And I know that I can play the map perfectly, because it's that single miss that separates me and a SS score
djjsixpack
I don't really rage much at this game, but when I do, it's usually when I retry the same song for FC after a shitmiss and keep missing in the first 20 seconds over and over after previously having no issues with it.
Shino Inuzuka
When you are fcing an extremely hard map and you've been trying to for AGES and you think you finally did it... until you miss the very last note.
garmz
when u made a mistake right before the song went into a slow rhythm part, and you know you're fucked
Surono
when you playing madness map. expectation you can do it but reallita... duh... TL_T
Florrow
slammed keyboard, broke one mice, that's it pretty much
LaryRose09

Jojoha wrote:

My rage cycle still happens

-plays easy song for pp
-miss easy note
-retry
-miss easy note again
-gets angry
-retry and miss again
-retry and miss more
-then i lose my ability to think logically and smash the first thing i can see
-rage quit
-comes back 1 day later and repeat
Same.
-Yuni
when i'm at a multi fcing a really hard map and accidentally exit the lobby.
Nattsun
I'm raging when I'm underperforming a lot, like way worse than usual. Happens once every bluemoon, but I feel sorry for my osu! "friends" who'll have to bear me then lmfao.

That's all about it, I usually play for skill and fun, so any mistake will be a lesson and if I play for fun I couldn't care less.
o x
Xeno. I tried over and over and over trying to FC the map I got so mad I stopped playing osu! competitively for a while (a year) I guess I don't get visibly angry anymore. I have broken anything over osu! Maybe the worst thing I did was smash my and on the desk but that's nothing.
Razzy
I missed six times by the halfway point of this map because my computer likes to lag for a split-second occasionally and break my streak. Turns out, going into fullscreen mode solved it. But I was pretty annoyed. I don't think I've ever gotten truly angry at this game, though. Usually it's just disappointment/awkward laughter if I mess up.
show more