forum

Global Tournament #2 - 1k to 20k! [3on3] | 64/64 Teams

posted
Total Posts
show more
kuur0
Think its okay for the refs to take a screenshot of their screen (with the players and teamscores whatsoever) right after the last note/spinner/slider of a map? Just in case any of these bancho cheeze shenanigans or stuck at end screen without end cheeze.

Not complaining we lost cause of that or whatever, shit happens. But better to just take a screenshot for safety measurement for the remaining matches and it could probably save some drama in chat.

You can't really expect players to pay too much attention to the scoreboard while they are busying completing the map since the refs should be observing the game at all time anyway.

p.s. gg cute boys, all the best
tryaway

Kii- wrote:

Think its okay for the refs to take a screenshot of their screen (with the players and teamscores whatsoever) right after the last note/spinner/slider of a map? Just in case any of these bancho cheeze shenanigans or stuck at end screen without end cheeze.

Not complaining we lost cause of that or whatever but just for safety measurement for the remaining matches. You can't really expect players to do the screenshot thingo while they are busying completing the map since the refs should be observing the game at all time anyway.

p.s. gg cute boys, all the best
I though refs did that already, damn you refs
Karuta-_old_1

Kii- wrote:

Good sportsmanship by the way, glad it settled so quickly

To the problem at hand, he meant screenshot of players and scores near the last note of the map (when the game is ongoing with the fucking crown)

not this kind of screenshot: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3826339
and the mp link usually don't help much https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/19618551

It is not the ref's fault, I wouldn't have known if I hadn't seen how people resolve this and it is easy to get distracted while your not playing

what is surprising to me is that the commentator doesn't know what is going on especially when they are probably the ones who witnessed it the most

I have a video of myself experiencing this on stream, basically bancho got mad and denied me and it has nothing to do with "lag"

so if things like that happen, you should go to the userpage of the person who "dced", under historical, recent plays right here:
However the score will only be submitted provided the map is ranked and the player did not fail
Reyvateil

[ BJ ] wrote:

PatyE wrote:

We're using LB for a reason, and the split between saturdayt for upper and sunday for lower.
So we just forfeit if we lose rather than being smart and trying to reschedule it early so we wouldn't need to? I mean it's kind of ridiculous to assume that people will not be busy at all on every weekend day for like 1.5 months.
You don't need the whole team to be available every weekend day for 1.5 month, you need only three people for each day.
kuur0

Mikakage wrote:

You don't need the whole team to be available every weekend day for 1.5 month, you need only three people for each day.

Some teams want to have most or all of their players available so they can sub in players depending on which map was picked or is playing.

And thanks Karuta- for clarifying, I was on mobile so couldn't really have any screenshot links whatsoever.
-Derek
Schedule for the Round of 16 has been updated.

If you have any problems with the schedule and would like a schedule change, please contact me via PM and I will help sort out the schedule.
-Derek
A new rule we are implementing for the round of 16 and onward is that teams will have a total of 5 minutes to pick and ready up between maps or else the lobby will be forced start. If the team has not picked a map within that 5 minutes, then that team will auto-lose a point and the pick will go to the opposing team.

We are doing this because we want to stream as many matches as we can in the round of 16 and cannot have games dragging out and lasting longer than they are suppose to. Make sure your team has your picks and bans ready before each match and know what players are going to be swapped for certain maps that way you do not end up in a situation where we have to force start a match or lose a point because you were unprepared.

Feel free to discuss and if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them all.
tryaway

- Kotori - wrote:

A new rule we are implementing for the round of 16 and onward is that teams will have a total of 5 minutes to pick and ready up between maps or else the lobby will be forced start. If the team has not picked a map within that 5 minutes, then that team will auto-lose a point and the pick will go to the opposing team.

We are doing this because we want to stream as many matches as we can in the round of 16 and cannot have games dragging out and lasting longer than they are suppose to. Make sure your team has your picks and bans ready before each match and know what players are going to be swapped for certain maps that way you do not end up in a situation where we have to force start a match or lose a point because you were unprepared.

Feel free to discuss and if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them all.

In my opinion 5 min is still too long.
As team captain you should discuss these picks and bans with your teammates before the actual match started.
Of course, sometimes things do not goes as you wanted like your picks getting banned.
But you are prepared for that and should have some ideas to counter this, right? (right??????)
My longest waiting time was around 13min but that was due miscommunication, thus leading to my second longest waiting time 8 min.
It is not that I want it picked within 1min, but I'd like to lower it to 3:30min or somewhat there.
jms8720
When is the next mappool being released?
Gravified

Megatron is bad wrote:

When is the next mappool being released?
The Mappool has already been released.

Mappool RO16

Have fun with it

Regards,

Gravified
Map Selector
-Derek

tryaway wrote:

- Kotori - wrote:

In my opinion 5 min is still too long.
As team captain you should discuss these picks and bans with your teammates before the actual match started.
Of course, sometimes things do not goes as you wanted like your picks getting banned.
But you are prepared for that and should have some ideas to counter this, right? (right??????)
My longest waiting time was around 13min but that was due miscommunication, thus leading to my second longest waiting time 8 min.
It is not that I want it picked within 1min, but I'd like to lower it to 3:30min or somewhat there.

I do agree that 5min is a little long and maybe that time will be shorter in the future, but with this new rule being implemented I wanted to give people a chance to get used to having a time limit and swapping players in a certain amount of time before I make the time shorter.
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Removed the following 3 players
dumii
Chuquebecois
shana-

Removal of dumii makes 2ua2ru remain have 2 players remaining, therefore they will be disqualified since they've been having 2 players reaching over the 900 rank limit. The loser of the match ACC Team vs Communist will advance to the loser brackets of the quarter finals.
Histoire

PatyE wrote:

dumii
Chuquebecois
shana-

Removal of dumii makes 2ua2ru remain have 2 players remaining, therefore they will be disqualified since they've been having 2 players reaching over the 900 rank limit. The loser of the match ACC Team vs Communist will advance to the loser brackets of the quarter finals.
dumii is in team solospin, and we already are out of the tournament.
Crowve

PatyE wrote:

dumii
Chuquebecois
shana-

You mean Chuquebecois .
[ BJ ]
I'm just curious, do warm ups this week still need to be less than 5 minutes or whatever? The one I want to do is 5:33 :(
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Removed the following players due to passing rank 900.
- Croma -
Miyazono
kuur0

[ BJ ] wrote:

I'm just curious, do warm ups this week still need to be less than 5 minutes or whatever? The one I want to do is 5:33 :(
I think I read somewhere about 4 minutes or less, can't remember where and I couldn't find the info about it either :/
Karuta-_old_1

PatyE wrote:

Should've posted this way earlier. Should call this bad on my end here, some information about the matches:

The match will be played out as follows:
1. Team Captains Contacts the Referee
2. Referee will invite the team captains
3. Team Captains will invite the other players
4. Referee will give word to start the !roll
5. Referee will pass on host to the team captain of the team winning the roll.
6. Winning team starts picking the first warmup (Warmups may not be longer then 4 minutes!)
7. After the first warmup other team picks the map.
8. After the second warmup the current team captain host will give host back to the referee!
9. Bans will be started, winning team of the roll starts the first ban
10. Other team will ban, First team will ban and so on till each team has banned 2 maps each.
11. Winning team will start picking the first map to play. By telling the name of the map to the Ref in chat.
12. Referee will put on the map with the corrisponding mods
13. After the map the other team may pick, repeat step 12.
14. Repeat 11-13 till there is a winner (3-0, 3-1), or if there is a 2-2 Tie.
15. Referee will put on Tiebreaker
16. Winner of Tiebreaker will be the winner of that match and passes on to next round.
17. Loser goes to loserbracket or is out of the tournament (depending lower or upper bracket).
18. Referee reports to the tournament staff.
19. End of the match.
I'll remind them to put it on the first post
FatAmerican
Can a reschedule for our time be possible? I don't think it's possible for us to make it on the current schedule.
Crowve

FatAmerican wrote:

Can a reschedule for our time be possible? I don't think it's possible for us to make it on the current schedule.
PM one of the hosts. Dont write it here .
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Removed the following player for reaching above 900
Lazer from Team FlatBase.
leepdesu

PatyE wrote:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jk one less threat
Ciniak

-LeeP- wrote:

PatyE wrote:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jk one less threat
i feel like we might become best friends LeeP XD huehuehuehue i feel just the same way.
TensaiRhythm
What a fool :(
Lazer
the biggest threat in the tourney obv
leepdesu

Lazer wrote:

literally what a nomod god
Histoire

-LeeP- wrote:

Lazer wrote:

literally what a nomod god
kk the cats out of the bag
thats actually me
lazer is my smurf
leepdesu

Ciniak wrote:

i feel like we might become best friends LeeP XD huehuehuehue i feel just the same way.
Frc

-LeeP- wrote:

Ciniak wrote:

It's not THAT hard

shitmiss in the middle.inc
leepdesu

Frc wrote:

shitmiss in the middle.inc
Still not FC. I also have a shit miss in the middle cuz of the stream.

Ciniak

-LeeP- wrote:

Ciniak wrote:

LOL yeaah World's End isn't that hard. I wont be able to do it again though because i've gotten a lot worse compared to when i got that score.
and i havent been able to set any decent scores apart from that clock strikes one
Topic Starter
PatyYe
We're thinking about having some fun matches before the start of the actual final of OGT#2!
All the players which were once in the tournament are allowed to play (so even those that passed 900!).
More detailed information about the fun matches before the final will be made public shortly.

Players interested can sign up by going to this website: http://osuglobal.eu/scrum
Histoire

PatyE wrote:

We're thinking about having some fun matches before the start of the actual final of OGT#2!
All the players which were once in the tournament are allowed to play (so even those that passed 900!).
More detailed information about the fun matches before the final will be made public shortly.

Players interested can sign up by going to this website: http://osuglobal.eu/scrum
i wrote haha im gay for my username and they rejected me pls fix
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Due to circumstances within the staff, 3 staff have left the tournament organisation. Inlcuding myself. I'll only maintain the main forum threat if needed, and any questions regarding the tournament can be directed at Lazer & -Derek.
Lazer
Yes! everyone, I'm now the host of the tournament- Basically I'm switching it around a bit since we seem to have ran into a couple annoyances that have made this tournament less community based, and I would very much like to make it community based once more, high priority towards players;

So;

1. We will no longer force 2v3's, as it is not enjoyable for anyone- For example; Someone having to restart their PC because of osu! related reasons. (Unless the player really did not show up.)
  2. We will have a more consistent streaming/commentating schedule from now on; also changing my own commentating slightly as I sometimes take it a bit too far.

And more to come...
-Derek

PatyE wrote:

Due to circumstances within the staff, 3 staff have left the tournament organisation. Inlcuding myself. I'll only maintain the main forum threat if needed, and any questions regarding the tournament can be directed at Lazer & -Derek.
its - Kotori - you noob not -Derek
-Derek
The schedule for the Semi-Finals has been released. Please Contact - Kotori - or saoie if you have any problems with the schedule.
TensaiRhythm
DJ YOSHITAKA feat. Hoshino Kanako - MAX LOVE Is no longer available
Lazer

DPL wrote:

DJ YOSHITAKA feat. Hoshino Kanako - MAX LOVE Is no longer available
On it, bloodcat link coming up.
[ BJ ]
When is the finals map pool coming out?
show more