forum

Global Tournament #2 - 1k to 20k! [3on3] | 64/64 Teams

posted
Total Posts
show more
SirCircle
Hello everyone,

I've watched the stream of the match between Team S. W. E. and Neko Squad, in which Lazer and Gumi Rin have been the commentators.
Here I'd like to complain about the commentators.
Now during the beginning of the match, I enjoyed watching the stream, as the commentators were actually commentating the match itself and doing good job. As time passed the commentators were focusing less and less on the match and more on the stream chat. Eventually they started "joking" around and insulting the players. Eventhough one of the players, requested (in the twitch chat) that they stop it, they made fun of him for feeling insulted. Near the end of the stream the harassing reached its highlight. In the last map, which was a HR pick, one of the commentators said, and I quote: "Maybe KStar isn't designed for Hardrock, but his girlfriend is designed for a hard cock"
In addition to that, they also tend to use very casual language, too casual if you know what I mean..

To sum it up, I believe that the commentators should be switched (or even removed) for future matches, due to:
- Bad commentating and from time to time not commentating at all.
- Harassing and insulting players.
- Consistent use of colloquial language

With kind regards,

SirCircle
Frc

SirCircle wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've watched the stream of the match between Team S. W. E. and Neko Squad, in which Lazer and Gumi Rin have been the commentators.
Now during the beginning of the match, I enjoyed watching the stream, as the commentators were actually commentating the match itself and doing good job. As time passed the commentators were focusing less and less on the match and more on the stream chat. Eventually they started "joking" around and insulting the players. Eventhough one of the players, requested (in the twitch chat) that they stop it, they made fun of him for feeling insulted. Near the end of the stream the harassing reached its highlight. In the last map, which was a HR pick, one of the commentators said, and I quote: "Maybe KStar isn't designed for Hardrock, but his girlfriend is designed for a hard cock"
In addition to that, they also tend to use very casual language, too casual if you know what I mean..

To sum it up, I believe that the commentators should be switched (or even removed) for future matches, due to:

With kind regards,

SirCircle in the name of Team S.W.E
Look it at their point of view, they have been like 7 fucking hours commentating a day and often watching the same maps again and again. I would get extremely bored too.

Also, aren't you from the team who tried to ban the tiebreaker and tried to troll in the picks during the Ponte vs S.W.E match? Idk if you are the most indicated person for complaining. I think they did their job pretty well.
Nawawa

Neko Sanae wrote:

SirCircle wrote:

Hello everyone,

With kind regards,

Look it at their point of view, they have been like 7 fucking hours commentating a day and often watching the same maps again and again. I would get extremely bored too.

Also, aren't you from the team who tried to ban the tiebreaker and tried to troll in the picks during the Ponte vs S.W.E match? Idk if you are the most indicated person for complaining. I think they did their job pretty well.
You trolled too. But it's really rude making fun of other people because this isn't even funny.
Frc

NawaNya wrote:

Neko Sanae wrote:

You trolled too. But it's really rude making fun of other people because this isn't even funny.
Wait what?
Nawawa

Neko Sanae wrote:

Wait what?
Yeh. You made fun of the tiebreaker too.
SirCircle

Neko Sanae wrote:

SirCircle wrote:

Hello everyone,

With kind regards,

First of all: I do admit that commenting for 7 hours is exhausting and difficult, but that is not a valid excuse for someone to go and just make fun of people. If a commentator wants to relax himself by "being funny" he can call his own friends. Next time they should hire more commentators and decrease the work time for each one.
Second: If you would have invested even 5 minutes into research before claiming that I am from the team you would know that I am not on their team, I am just complaining in their name.
Third: The tiebreaker troll happend in the match after the one that I mentioned.
Frc

NawaNya wrote:

Neko Sanae wrote:

Wait what?
Yeh. You made fun of the tiebreaker too.
But I stated I wasn't serious, you were like 10 minutes with the fucking idea of "we ban the tiebreaker because there is no place that says we can't" and also I'm not the one complaining here.
Frc

SirCircle wrote:

Neko Sanae wrote:

First of all: I do admit that commenting for 7 hours is exhausting and difficult, but that is not a valid excuse for someone to go and just make fun of people. If a commentator wants to relax himself by "being funny" he can call his own friends. Next time they should hire more commentators and decrease the work time for each one.
Second: If you would have invested even 5 minutes into research before claiming that I am from the team you would know that I am not on their team, I am just complaining in their name.
Third: The tiebreaker troll happend in the match after the one that I mentioned.
I thought that "SirCircle in the name of Team S.W.E" pretty much made it clear.
tryaway
Oh boy, time to call forummod to clean some shizzle.
Gravified
Hey boys and girls,

Your mappool for the round of 32 has finally arrived!
It will be BO7 in this stage so take that into consideration.

Mappool RO32

Please enjoy it. :)

Gravified
Map Selector
-Derek

tryaway wrote:

Oh boy, time to call forummod to clean some shizzle.
oh boy what happened here.

The entire staff does all of this for free and for you guys because we want to give you guys a nice well set-up tournament. Commentating is probably the hardest job out of all everything else and, as mentioned above, they cast a lot of games and take a ton of time out of their day to entertain you guys. I will agree that sometimes they say things that they shouldn't but for the most part I think they are doing a great job and, in all honesty, wouldn't replace them because they are the best we got. Gumi and Lazer and entertaining and have good chemistry while casting and don't have this extended awkward silence while casting. They may not be the best casters but they are the best we got and we are sticking with them and letting them do their thing while casting because most people have said that they enjoy their casting.

Once agian, I want to state that we do all of this for and for you guys. We don't get a payout, we don't get ad revenue, we don't get sponsor money, this is 100% community run and we do our best to do what we can with what we have for you guys.

If there are any further complaints please PM them to me and I will see what I can do.
Lazer

SirCircle wrote:

wall of text
[/quote]

sircircle i know you might be upset with all the things we've said, but we were just messing around in a (yes) inappropriate way, and i really think that kstar can defend himself however;

first of all i disagree with the complaint of 'they r 2 casual': ive commentated 20 hours in two days, and ill decide myself how casual ill be
scnd uf all yo i been commentating for 20 hours in 2 days
we went overboard with the kstarplays gf thing because he defended and it was hilarious
its not bad commentating stfu

with kind regards

laszer
Frc

Lazer wrote:

SirCircle wrote:

wall of text

sircircle i know you might be upset with all the things we've said, but we were just messing around in a (yes) inappropriate way, and i really think that kstar can defend himself however;

first of all i disagree with the complaint of 'they r 2 casual': ive commentated 20 hours in two days, and ill decide myself how casual ill be
we went overboard with the kstarplays gf thing because he defended and it was hilarious

with kind regards

laszer
I love u
Unforgiven

Lazer wrote:

SirCircle wrote:

wall of text

with kind regards

laszer
It's quite funny how a lot of people (not only in this tournment) complain about commentators. No one in osu is a profesional commentator and even has experience on casting matches, osu! is a game with a really poor experiencie in competitive matches like this. I think Lazer and all the commentators did a really good job and gave his best trying to make matches more entertained.
Everyone should keep in mind that they're doing this just for the sake of the community and that DON'T have to be professional commentators to cast one of these matches. However, if that complain about players being harassed by commentators it's true (idk, I didn't see the match) I think they should just apologize for it and try not to do it or at least try not to offend players with those jokes, but everyone has to understand that being a commentator for a whole day is REALLY exhausting.

Anyway, it's been a good weekend and I want to congratulate to all teams who passed the GS and wish them good luck for the tournment. (All teams but Lazer's one that is going to be facing us next week ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ)

PS: Sorry for my bad english, it's really late here and I don't really know what I'm saying xD.
Ciniak
I completely agree with Izen's poost here. As someone who watched the complete stream for several days I've seen how much effort they've put in especially in trying to commentate on the matches themselves at the start. Of course if someone not that used to commentating is trying to add in the entertainment then he might slip up once or twice.

I do know for a fact that they certainly do not wish to offend any of the players and that the offends weren't made on purpose. Added to that in my 100% honest opinion of what i believe is that people should just learn is not to take certain things to heart and understand that it is a joke of which the definition is to make people laugh and we all know what the easiest way to do that is..... no matter how rude and dumb it can be. Plus I know for a fact there would be a big chance that a lot of people might make the same mistake if they were doing the job instead of these commentators. So I think that people should stop being offended by every little thing and try to see the humor in it. An offensive joke is only as bad as you make it out to be.

If someone seriously felt offended then I can understand and that person should privately talk to the person in question and not make a public drama out of all of this because that is really disrespectful towards these people and essentially you end up doing something way worse than they had done.

That is all that I had to say about this subject and to continue on I wish Good Luck to all the players that have made it to the playoff series and I wish the best to the people that did not make it and hope they, however short it may be, had a great time.

Best wishes from,
Ciniak
Nawawa

Lazer wrote:

with kind regards

laszer
Okey maybe it is your type of jokes and it is okey.
And I wanted to apologize for some things that KStar said because he was a bit angry and he said some weird things.
The tournament was fund and congrats to all teams for getting in the next round.

Good luck everyone~

-NawaNya
_kaiwen
Yeah i know it was funny, but did you like it when the person you love get offended?!
Thats just for me Lazer you punch in her face and i want to punch you so hard that you never could awake again. To say something like :" This was a internet break! Buy her better internet..." She had a 100k Fiber-optic communication (One of the best you can get in Germany) . Look in the bancho registry or in the match from NEKO SQUAD vs Ponte un coco en la cabeza a ver si mejoras la acc, two from Ponte got a dc from Bancho! So Bancho was overloaded..
Work as a commentator is hard in this time, but that was your own fault. To say "Yeah i could commentate the Matches" and then the execuse "I commentate 20 Hours in 2 Days" is very pitifull. I know i was too agressive and wrote too much stupid s*it but to say stuff like "Oh its KStarPlays ... is your wife even flat man?" or "I wanna make more fun of him! Cause its funny!!","Make useless talk out of KStar". Hey i thought the osu! community is very nice, but you proved me the opposite. NawaNya and me didnt get a apologize from yourself in a Private message. So sorry i thought you're a adult person, but no.
So now for the Team "Ponte un coco en la cabeza a ver si mejoras la acc",
In the #multiplayer you wrote some s*it too i have two screenshots that NawaNya and SirCircle said all correct:
To said in #multiplayer ban the Tiebreaker and then you NekoSanae wrote "Also, aren't you from the team who tried to ban the tiebreaker and tried to troll in the picks during the Ponte vs S.W.E match? Idk if you are the most indicated person for complaining." Sorry but you was so unfriendly and unrespectfully. But i wish you luck for the next matches but i hope for you to lose this.
Greetings KStarPlays
Frc

KStarPlays wrote:

Yeah i know it was funny, but did you like it when the person you love get offended?!
Thats just for me Lazer you punch in her face and i want to punch you so hard that you never could awake again. To say something like :" This was a internet break! Buy her better internet..." She had a 100k Fiber-optic communication (One of the best you can get in Germany) . Look in the bancho registry or in the match from NEKO SQUAD vs Ponte un coco en la cabeza a ver si mejoras la acc, two from Ponte got a dc from Bancho! So Bancho was overloaded..
Work as a commentator is hard in this time, but that was your own fault. To say "Yeah i could commentate the Matches" and then the execuse "I commentate 20 Hours in 2 Days" is very pitifull. I know i was too agressive and wrote too much stupid s*it but to say stuff like "Oh its KStarPlays ... is your wife even flat man?" or "I wanna make more fun of him! Cause its funny!!","Make useless talk out of KStar". Hey i thought the osu! community is very nice, but you proved me the opposite. NawaNya and me didnt get a apologize from yourself in a Private message. So sorry i thought you're a adult person, but no.
In the #multiplayer you wrote some s*it too i have two screenshots that NawaNya and SirCircle said all correct:
To said in #multiplayer ban the Tiebreaker and then you NekoSanae wrote "Also, aren't you from the team who tried to ban the tiebreaker and tried to troll in the picks during the Ponte vs S.W.E match? Idk if you are the most indicated person for complaining." Sorry but you was so unfriendly and unrespectfully. But i wish you luck for the next matches but i hope for you to lose this.
Greetings KStarPlays
You are taking it too seriously... We are supposed to have fun in the tournament, if the spectators had fun when Lazer was commentating, what is the matter? We aren't in OWC or something man, chill out.
_kaiwen
ok im just a noob :^)
Nawawa

Neko Sanae wrote:

KStarPlays wrote:

Greetings KStarPlays
You are taking it too seriously... We are supposed to have fun in the tournament, if the spectators had fun when Lazer was commentating, what is the matter? We aren't in OWC or something man, chill out.
In the end I laughed at the thing with the cock xD so yeah~ I had fun and I would do it again
Unforgiven

KStarPlays wrote:

Greetings KStarPlays
I'm not going to comment about about if you are right or not in this bullshit but I'm sure you don't need to take it SO seriously. Can't you ask Lazer for an apology and accept it?
ffs, is it necesary to fight someone irl for a comment?... Holy fuck, I thought I was living in 2015...
Btw, no one is arguing with your team on that "tie breaker trolling" (Nor with Ponte) that was just a funny joke you did on the tournment, that's all.

Chill out man, this is a game, enjoy it.

Greetings, Izen x.
Topic Starter
PatyYe
We've created a repository which allows you to download the mappools in a package!
Check it out on: http://repo.osuglobal.eu/
Histoire
can we get a clean up mod here
tryaway

Histoire wrote:

Mod drum drum is busy with other shit EleGiggle
-Derek

Histoire wrote:

Everytime I come back a shit storm is happening.

If you have any more complaints about the casters please send them my way, otherwise, lets end the argument here.
neonat
Requesting to push it to 18:00 UTC +0

If not we won't have enough people to participate
-Derek

neonat wrote:

Requesting to push it to 18:00 UTC +0

If not we won't have enough people to participate
Plz message one of the tournament organizers through PM instead of over the forum post that way we are more likely to see it. Anyways, I will work on it.
Topic Starter
PatyYe
We've opened up suggestions for the mappool.
Visit this google form to suggest your maps! http://goo.gl/forms/Ydg9IxGWG0
tryaway

PatyE wrote:

We've opened up suggestions for the mappool.
Visit this google form to suggest your maps! http://goo.gl/forms/Ydg9IxGWG0
You don't have any ideas left?
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Removed players:
Windoge - Freezing, rank 900+
allives - Scared Hitless, rank 800+
FatAmerican
link with times for when we play?
Topic Starter
PatyYe

FatAmerican wrote:

link with times for when we play?
Check the time sheet like last time. Its in another tab at the bottom
Lazer
FORCEFUL CHANGE

The Hackers are not out of the tourney, they went even with 2/2/2 in their respective pool- They will be filling in for Scared Hitless, as that team has disbanded.
Ascendance
Drama :( I really like osuGlobal, and it's one of very few tournaments I've been impressed with in my time as a Tournament Organizer... While I think both parties could have been more mature, especially Lazer =w=, I hope everything goes well from here on out.

Commentating isn't easy. Been there done that. At times when you have been casting for hours, you begin pouring out random words that sometimes you don't mean. However, for next time, staff, please consider simply apologizing, even if you are right. It is the easiest way to resolve the conflict while maintaining your professionalism. While you aren't OWC, you should aim for your tournament to be even better all the time. Hopefully, it goes well for everyone from here on out !

If you need help from me, let me know sometime :)
IOException_old

Lazer wrote:

FORCEFUL CHANGE

The Hackers are not out of the tourney, they went even with 2/2/2 in their respective pool- They will be filling in for Scared Hitless, as that team has disbanded.
What happened? Why is Scared Hitless disbanded?
Lazer
A message from Xbox told us
Lazer

Ascendance wrote:

While I think both parties could have been more mature, especially Lazer =w=, I hope everything goes well from here on out.
sry right after tourney i felt cheesy as hell im confused though
what did i do besides my last post
i wasnt the meanie saying bad wordzz and i apologized before
Ascendance

Lazer wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

While I think both parties could have been more mature, especially Lazer =w=, I hope everything goes well from here on out.
sry right after tourney i felt cheesy as hell im confused though
what did i do besides my last post
i wasnt the meanie saying bad wordzz and i apologized before

Mainly just the stfu post. All is well now I hope
Histoire
can we just not bring it up anymore lol
thx
Frc
today is the day
show more