forum

Global Tournament #2 - 1k to 20k! [3on3] | 64/64 Teams

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lazer
yes it will
Doktorek626
There is a download for full mappool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r7ne5afia2rf ... l.rar?dl=0
Enjoy.
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Added a link to the mappool download. Also this is the link to the group stage drawings & schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... pA1KPn4qs/
Yakumo09
Sorry, but I need to inform you guys that our UTC is UTC+2 and not UTC+1. You don´t need to change it but wanted to say it anyway. If you change it by any chance please notify us so we don´t miss our turn.
Sakura chan
Just a quick question, the allowed mods for freemod is HD and HR, but for warmups (or possibly the tie breaker), would I be allowed to use FL? I ask because I would much prefer to use FL over HD or HR.
tryaway

GodOfPythons wrote:

Just a quick question, the allowed mods for freemod is HD and HR, but for warmups (or possibly the tie breaker), would I be allowed to use FL? I ask because I would much prefer to use FL over HD or HR.
Yes, but you can't force opponents to play your mod (in this case your FL).
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Removed 2 more players because they went ahead of the 1k rank.
- Ruff -, from team Ohyou kamisama arigatou, keeps climbing the ladder, rank 927.
Toshy, from team Cute Boys With Eyes, keeps climbing the ladder, rank 940.

Remove 1 more player because he has not been increasing ranks past 5 days and are still far from 20k.
caca_123, from teamTeam Phoenix, remaining the last 5 days at rank: 27152, also gained 460k ranks in 21 days. Possibly a smurf, however no confirmation. But rank is to low to participate starting the tourney.
Topic Starter
PatyYe
3 days hype!
NazzzF

- Nozomi - wrote:

- Ruff -, from team Ohyou kamisama arigatou, keeps climbing the ladder, rank 927.
Well that's stupid.. Does this mean that players couldn't start farming/ranking once they signed up? What if they unintentionally created a new top score and advanced to 3digit rank when the tournament is on-going? Update your rules pls..
tryaway

Ex6TenZ wrote:

- Nozomi - wrote:

Well that's stupid.. Does this mean that players couldn't start farming/ranking once they signed up? What if they unintentionally created a new top score and advanced to 3digit rank when the tournament is on-going? Update your rules pls..
I think - ruff - has been added back to the tournament, but toshy will remain removed.
The rules doesn't say anything about "you may not gain ranks after sign ups", but it does tell that If you reach rank 899 or higher (<899) , you will be disqualified. (Read page 4 of topic)
And the "unintentionally" is bullshit in my eyes.
For me to get a top rank, I'll have to work harder than I do now.
Someone at rank 1000 should know whether he's aiming for a new top rank (by consulting Tillerino), thus making the argument of "unintentionally" invalid.
NazzzF

tryaway wrote:

Someone at rank 1000 should know whether he's aiming for a new top rank (by consulting Tillerino), thus making the argument of "unintentionally" invalid.
Yeah, but for someone like me who doesnt rank anymore and just play to set score don't use Tillerino. I'm surprised by how much pp my Pride Kakumei FC Gives and it was a random fc. Some people are actually better than their rank and don't care about it, but that doesn't mean they're not interested to set score. The mappools could've give pp aswell when praccing.
Tshemmp
Yeah, when you are better than your certain rank implies you don't belong here. This tournament is made for a certain skill range and if you are above that you shouldn't be allowed to play. Doesn't matter if you "accidentally" got pp or not, you are simply just too good for most of the other people here.
NazzzF
Then this issue should've been mentioned in the main post. The fact that it's already happened in the last tournament and still happening in this one. I missed the post in page 4 that's why i'm bringing up this argument once again.
tryaway

Ex6TenZ wrote:

tryaway wrote:

Yeah, but for someone like me who doesnt rank anymore and just play to set score don't use Tillerino. I'm surprised by how much pp my Pride Kakumei FC Gives and it was a random fc. Some people are actually better than their rank and don't care about it, but that doesn't mean they're not interested to set score. The mappools could've give pp aswell when praccing.
Yes, i can't argue with the fact that people don't play for ranks.
Sorry about that.
But this mappool highest pp should be around 250 and surely that's not enough to get you to rank 899.

Tshemmp wrote:

Yeah, when you are better than your certain rank implies you don't belong here. This tournament is made for a certain skill range and if you are above that you shouldn't be allowed to play. Doesn't matter if you "accidentally" got pp or not, you are simply just too good for most of the other people here.
Most of top ranks are pp from overrated maps.
Tournament maps on the other hand, are based on their real difficulty (could vary sometimes).
So someone in rank 850 can possibly be beaten by a 1500 who not play 'pp' maps.
But then again, if you are rank ~800, people around rank 4000 or lower are no match for you.
Histoire
is that the real tryaway
btw

creator is natsu xd
Karuta-_old_1

tryaway wrote:

wall of text

Ex6TenZ wrote:

wall of text

Tshemmp wrote:

wall of text
Here guys, let me summarize whatever you guys have pointed out

Let's say the tournament is 1k-20k rank, then you suddenly play against a 800 rank,
the player may think that this is unfair and he might as well get someone who is around that rank to play in the first place
unfair = the effort for someone below 1k rank to FC something with 99.5% acc is a lot less compared to someone with 3k rank (in most cases, I pointed out the accuracy since quite a few people can pull off FC's below 90% acc)

It is 100% intentional that the restriction is set to bar out these players from taking part in the tournament, as these tournament are meant for people with certain skillsets

The same can be same for people with low ranks (low,non-seeded), there are also tournament they cannot join or simply cannot compete in
If the restriction is hurting your progress in osu!, then you ought to be looking for a higher ranked tournament

Whether you can breakthrough from 2k rank to 1k+ from registration to end of tournament is really out of the question here
Lazer

Karuta- wrote:

tryaway wrote:

wall of text

Ex6TenZ wrote:

wall of text

Tshemmp wrote:

wall of text
big wall of text with good points and valid things
I was about to make this clear myself, but you beat me to it >w<
Thanks Karuta- ~

also how isnt this obvious to everyone?
NazzzF
I just think that getting disqualified because said reasons after registered and approved is stupid. I get it that you guys want it to be fair, but.. just sayin' that rank can be very misleading anyway. BTW my friend invited me to play on this tour, not because i want to join it in the 1st place. Could be the same case for those who just got disqualified.
leepdesu

Ex6TenZ wrote:

I just think that getting disqualified because said reasons after registered and approved is stupid. I get it that you guys want it to be fair, but.. just sayin' that rank can be very misleading anyway. BTW my friend invited me to play on this tour, not because i want to join it in the 1st place. Could be the same case for those who just got disqualified.
Jon will rekt you all if they let people who got their ranks past said

Jon you had one job oh my god
-Derek

Ex6TenZ wrote:

You're point about rank being misleading is true there are people who are overranked and aren't really that good (I look at myself for that) and then you have people who are underranked and play as well, if not better, than the people who are thousands of ranks above them (I've seen this personally from the last osuGlobal tournament).

However, rank is a representation of your "skill" and since we do not want to go looking through every persons top ranking map or spectate every person to get an accurate representation of their skill, we instead look at rank which is the flashy number that everyone cares about and gives a general representation of what a player can play (that and we can easily get the number from the osu! API) . We set up limitations to what ranks we want because that's the skill level we want to see in this tournament.

We are sorry that this is causing a problem for you, but we do everything we can to make this fair.

Best of luck in the future,

- Kotori -
Topic Starter
PatyYe
Should've posted this way earlier. Should call this bad on my end here, some information about the matches:

The match will be played out as follows:
1. Team Captains Contacts the Referee
2. Referee will invite the team captains
3. Team Captains will invite the other players
4. Referee will give word to start the !roll
5. Referee will pass on host to the team captain of the team winning the roll.
6. Winning team starts picking the first warmup (Warmups may not be longer then 4 minutes!)
7. After the first warmup other team picks the map.
8. After the second warmup the current team captain host will give host back to the referee!
9. Bans will be started, winning team of the roll starts the first ban
10. Other team will ban, First team will ban and so on till each team has banned 2 maps each.
11. Winning team will start picking the first map to play. By telling the name of the map to the Ref in chat.
12. Referee will put on the map with the corrisponding mods
13. After the map the other team may pick, repeat step 12.
14. Repeat 11-13 till there is a winner (3-0, 3-1), or if there is a 2-2 Tie.
15. Referee will put on Tiebreaker
16. Winner of Tiebreaker will be the winner of that match and passes on to next round.
17. Loser goes to loserbracket or is out of the tournament (depending lower or upper bracket).
18. Referee reports to the tournament staff.
19. End of the match.
Tshemmp
shoutout to the casters
xXmcgamer2004Xx
Is there a place where i can see who won and lost?
Tshemmp

broodjepure wrote:

Is there a place where i can see who won and lost?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =702840442
[ BJ ]
I don't know if this has been brought up but I think in the future only the top 3 ranked players should be taken when organizing the seeds. The top 4 is what they do for owc, antibeat, etc. and it's much more accurate. It's quite unbalanced the way it is because some teams have all 1k-2k players and then have a 9k+ person or two and then are low-seeded.

Also I would like to know what the conditions are for a player failing, if they revive does there score count? Does it count even if they don't revive at the end? I think this should be in the rules. (unless I somehow missed it)

Just some suggestions for the future, overall I think this tournament is really well run and am very excited to play win <3
Crowve

[ BJ ] wrote:

I don't know if this has been brought up but I think in the future only the top 3 ranked players should be taken when organizing the seeds. The top 4 is what they do for owc, antibeat, etc. and it's much more accurate. It's quite unbalanced the way it is because some teams have all 1k-2k players and then have a 9k+ person or two and then are low-seeded. I agree in some way.

Also I would like to know what the conditions are for a player failing, if they revive does there score count? Yes Does it count even if they don't revive at the end? No
Doktorek626
What happens to teams that have 2 loses and 1 win in the GS?
Crowve

Doktorek626 wrote:

What happens to teams that have 2 loses and 1 win in the GS?
Which team the better win ratio have gonna advance.
tryaway
Rules of GS to advance to next round:

1.Most matches won
2. In case both teams have the same amount of matches won, go to 2a.
2a. In case where two teams (let's say team A and team B) are tied with 'matches won', the team who beated the other will be placed above.
So if A and B are tied, but team A won a match against B then team A will be placed higher.
3. In case there are more teams tied, go to 3a.
3a. Try apply 2a. in this case, if team A,B and C are tied but team A have won against B and C, team A will obviously placed higher than the other two.
3b. In case A won against B, B won against C and C won against A, go to 3c.
3c. Most map won. (losing a map won't decrease your amount of maps won)
3d. (Not confirmed yet) Least map lost.
4. (Very unlikely) Rematch will happen with the tied teams.
Nawawa
I wanted to ask wich matches are gonna get a stream ? Or are you streaming every match
kuur0
are there gonna be a summary for the group stage of who made it out or something like that?
jms8719
ok remove lazer now xD
i know that will never happen
SirCircle
Hello everyone,

I've watched the stream of the match between Team S. W. E. and Neko Squad, in which Lazer and Gumi Rin have been the commentators.
Here I'd like to complain about the commentators.
Now during the beginning of the match, I enjoyed watching the stream, as the commentators were actually commentating the match itself and doing good job. As time passed the commentators were focusing less and less on the match and more on the stream chat. Eventually they started "joking" around and insulting the players. Eventhough one of the players, requested (in the twitch chat) that they stop it, they made fun of him for feeling insulted. Near the end of the stream the harassing reached its highlight. In the last map, which was a HR pick, one of the commentators said, and I quote: "Maybe KStar isn't designed for Hardrock, but his girlfriend is designed for a hard cock"
In addition to that, they also tend to use very casual language, too casual if you know what I mean..

To sum it up, I believe that the commentators should be switched (or even removed) for future matches, due to:
- Bad commentating and from time to time not commentating at all.
- Harassing and insulting players.
- Consistent use of colloquial language

With kind regards,

SirCircle
Frc

SirCircle wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've watched the stream of the match between Team S. W. E. and Neko Squad, in which Lazer and Gumi Rin have been the commentators.
Now during the beginning of the match, I enjoyed watching the stream, as the commentators were actually commentating the match itself and doing good job. As time passed the commentators were focusing less and less on the match and more on the stream chat. Eventually they started "joking" around and insulting the players. Eventhough one of the players, requested (in the twitch chat) that they stop it, they made fun of him for feeling insulted. Near the end of the stream the harassing reached its highlight. In the last map, which was a HR pick, one of the commentators said, and I quote: "Maybe KStar isn't designed for Hardrock, but his girlfriend is designed for a hard cock"
In addition to that, they also tend to use very casual language, too casual if you know what I mean..

To sum it up, I believe that the commentators should be switched (or even removed) for future matches, due to:

With kind regards,

SirCircle in the name of Team S.W.E
Look it at their point of view, they have been like 7 fucking hours commentating a day and often watching the same maps again and again. I would get extremely bored too.

Also, aren't you from the team who tried to ban the tiebreaker and tried to troll in the picks during the Ponte vs S.W.E match? Idk if you are the most indicated person for complaining. I think they did their job pretty well.
Nawawa

Neko Sanae wrote:

SirCircle wrote:

Hello everyone,

With kind regards,

Look it at their point of view, they have been like 7 fucking hours commentating a day and often watching the same maps again and again. I would get extremely bored too.

Also, aren't you from the team who tried to ban the tiebreaker and tried to troll in the picks during the Ponte vs S.W.E match? Idk if you are the most indicated person for complaining. I think they did their job pretty well.
You trolled too. But it's really rude making fun of other people because this isn't even funny.
Frc

NawaNya wrote:

Neko Sanae wrote:

You trolled too. But it's really rude making fun of other people because this isn't even funny.
Wait what?
Nawawa

Neko Sanae wrote:

Wait what?
Yeh. You made fun of the tiebreaker too.
SirCircle

Neko Sanae wrote:

SirCircle wrote:

Hello everyone,

With kind regards,

First of all: I do admit that commenting for 7 hours is exhausting and difficult, but that is not a valid excuse for someone to go and just make fun of people. If a commentator wants to relax himself by "being funny" he can call his own friends. Next time they should hire more commentators and decrease the work time for each one.
Second: If you would have invested even 5 minutes into research before claiming that I am from the team you would know that I am not on their team, I am just complaining in their name.
Third: The tiebreaker troll happend in the match after the one that I mentioned.
Frc

NawaNya wrote:

Neko Sanae wrote:

Wait what?
Yeh. You made fun of the tiebreaker too.
But I stated I wasn't serious, you were like 10 minutes with the fucking idea of "we ban the tiebreaker because there is no place that says we can't" and also I'm not the one complaining here.
Frc

SirCircle wrote:

Neko Sanae wrote:

First of all: I do admit that commenting for 7 hours is exhausting and difficult, but that is not a valid excuse for someone to go and just make fun of people. If a commentator wants to relax himself by "being funny" he can call his own friends. Next time they should hire more commentators and decrease the work time for each one.
Second: If you would have invested even 5 minutes into research before claiming that I am from the team you would know that I am not on their team, I am just complaining in their name.
Third: The tiebreaker troll happend in the match after the one that I mentioned.
I thought that "SirCircle in the name of Team S.W.E" pretty much made it clear.
show more