forum

Global Tournament #2 - 1k to 20k! [3on3] | 64/64 Teams

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lazer
Yes! everyone, I'm now the host of the tournament- Basically I'm switching it around a bit since we seem to have ran into a couple annoyances that have made this tournament less community based, and I would very much like to make it community based once more, high priority towards players;

So;

1. We will no longer force 2v3's, as it is not enjoyable for anyone- For example; Someone having to restart their PC because of osu! related reasons. (Unless the player really did not show up.)
  2. We will have a more consistent streaming/commentating schedule from now on; also changing my own commentating slightly as I sometimes take it a bit too far.

And more to come...
-Derek

PatyE wrote:

Due to circumstances within the staff, 3 staff have left the tournament organisation. Inlcuding myself. I'll only maintain the main forum threat if needed, and any questions regarding the tournament can be directed at Lazer & -Derek.
its - Kotori - you noob not -Derek
-Derek
The schedule for the Semi-Finals has been released. Please Contact - Kotori - or saoie if you have any problems with the schedule.
TensaiRhythm
DJ YOSHITAKA feat. Hoshino Kanako - MAX LOVE Is no longer available
Lazer

DPL wrote:

DJ YOSHITAKA feat. Hoshino Kanako - MAX LOVE Is no longer available
On it, bloodcat link coming up.
[ BJ ]
When is the finals map pool coming out?
Gravified

[ BJ ] wrote:

When is the finals map pool coming out?
The Mappool of the Finals are out :)

Mappool Finals

Gravified
Old Map Selector OGT (Group stage - Quarters)
umii
Very nice pool guys! Like it ^^
Lazer

umii wrote:

Very nice pool guys! Like it ^^
sankyuu

its a lazer pool :^>
iceandele
Great tournament guys! Had a lot of fun!
Identical
Thanks for organizing this tournament guys! It was very well run, and I had a blast playing. GG to everyone who played!
[ BJ ]
Falling Snow is my gf, nobody make any moves on her! lol Seriously though thanks for running the tournament, it was fairly professionally ran overall and our team had a blast :3
Falling Snow
Unbelievably fun tournament. Everyone were gods in their own right. Looking forward to more competition in the future perhaps. Cheers!
umii
Thankyou for this tournament! Really funny! :^)
Very Nice organization
Congrats with the winners
-SaltyDogzArmy
Lazer

Edit: Solution may have been found to this.

Prizes cannot be given away... Our tournament is no longer supported by the osu!Staff and everyone has lost their access to the tournament client, I would buy supporter myself for everyone, but i'm a shitty neet with no money- So that's out of the question.

To those that wonder why this happened; It is because basically a SINGLE person made a big deal out of a slightly discriminating (NOT RACISM.) talk from my fellow commentator- As to why this one person has such a big influence?- He has a circlejerk friend group, spreading the [out of context] youtube video everywhere, which includes a Teamspeak server, Skype and Reddit from what I know- Also reported it towards the staff, which is fair in my opinion- However he did come with a video that was taken completely out of context and that would make it seem like I was 'discriminating' aswell. I'm sure a lot of people have gotten over it, however this one particular circlejerk group has not- I've been called an asshole for not stopping the other commentator, which is in my opinion completely unfair. People use this 'Racism scandal' against me at all times, my name is even plastered on the Youtube video over and over again.

Anyway, enough about what the consequences are for me and continuing to the consequences for the tournament; Prizes are no longer going to get given out by the staff because we are now unsupported due to this particular circlejerk group, this is completely unfair to both CBWE and Communists as both teams have played their asses off. [Especially Communists] So now, we are stranded with no prizes and sadly I cannot provide them- I am incredibly annoyed for what has happened because of a thing that shouldn't even have mattered.

Sorry.
[ BJ ]
Amane-
Falling Snow
iceandele
Identical
FatAmerican
AppleKruit
dinopwn
Yuza
Jeby
Mikel

umii wrote:

Thankyou for this tournament! Really funny! :^)
Very Nice organization
Congrats with the winners
-SaltyDogzArmy

Falling Snow wrote:

Unbelievably fun tournament. Everyone were gods in their own right. Looking forward to more competition in the future perhaps. Cheers!

[ BJ ] wrote:

Falling Snow is my gf, nobody make any moves on her! lol Seriously though thanks for running the tournament, it was fairly professionally ran overall and our team had a blast :3

Identical wrote:

Thanks for organizing this tournament guys! It was very well run, and I had a blast playing. GG to everyone who played!

iceandele wrote:

Great tournament guys! Had a lot of fun!
Yuza
Hello!
Falling Snow

Yuza wrote:

Hello!
Hi!
Lazer
Last post from the Global Tournament staff;

The osu!Global staff (Especially me) is sincerely sorry for what has happened during the last match of the tournament-
There were words spoken that were perceived as racist and therefore I would like to personally apologize to the ones that got offended by it.
I will not write a big wall of text because the people that this is directed to should already know what happened and such;

Sorry everyone, I really should have stopped the racist banter and should've kept my mouth shut.
Setsuna
Ayyyyyyyyyyyy

I wish I can participate.

Too bad my friends hates me guts and they are way too high ranked :v.
Gravified

- ISetsunaI - wrote:

Ayyyyyyyyyyyy

I wish I can participate.

Too bad my friends hates me guts and they are way too high ranked :v.
This tournament is over though, the winner is Cute Boys with Eyes :)
You gotta wait for OGT#3