forum

What sensitivity do you set?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feylos
For me, I have my tablet area mapped to a small section, in which I can move across the screen in a flick of the wrist. So fairly high. My brother Rhyth8 prefers his mouse sensitivity really low.
They seem to have pros and cons for both.
Fast: jumps are easier, but in general less accurate. (until you get used to it)
Slow: Super accurate, but takes more effort for jumps. (Rhyth8: I got used to them)
E m i
full area fullscreen
Yuudachi-kun
Full area full screen 1.0x sens
Houtarou Oreki
1500dpi, 0.85x.
Endaris
Superb control over a small area is harder to learn than developing speed on a bigger one.
I use 880 dpi, 1.0x on 1440x900.
Also what the heck is your "small area" and "low sensitivity"? Maybe throw in some data.
StephOsu
1600dpi 1.0x mouse player
6/11 off
1366x768 borderless window
Yolshka
Deathadder 3500 dpi

Note that this mouse is shipped with a set dpi of 1800 and since it does not support on the fly dpi switching ,the dpi is set, unless you manually adjust in synapse which i dislike.

1440*900 windowed.
windows 6/11.
Osu 0.4x ~ approximately 720 dpi.

I just turned off mouse acceleration yesterday to see what's the difference, not impressed so far, though trying to get used to it.
E m i

ShadyAngel wrote:

I just turned off mouse acceleration yesterday to see what's the difference, not impressed so far, though trying to get used to it.
deletemyaccount

ShadyAngel wrote:

\

Yeah, you'll definitely want to keep mouse acceleration off and get used to not using it. While some people have supposedly done well with it on, I really don't see the point of adding more variables in developing muscle memory.
Endaris
The better you get the more acceleration matters as it kicks in with big and fast jumps due to how acceleration works.
For not so jumpy maps the difference should be fairly small as the distance of acceleration is short.
markii
7,564 high
13,628 wide
Force proportions
1366x768 borderless
raw input disabled

Kinda close to full area. It would be about full area on a smaller tablet like h420.

I played on an area the size of 2 postage stamps till 20k, before I switched to full and worked me way to what i'm at. I can reach the whole screen easily and I don't end up making loopy motions for small patterns like I did with a tiny area.
Topic Starter
Feylos

Endaris wrote:

Superb control over a small area is harder to learn than developing speed on a bigger one.
I use 880 dpi, 1.0x on 1440x900.
Also what the heck is your "small area" and "low sensitivity"? Maybe throw in some data.
http://puu.sh/jqneY/73cb37b173.jpg

The red selection it what I use for area, at 1x sensitivity. Every part on the screen I can reach within wrist length, so I don't have to move my arm. EDIT: the red is an aproximate, I think it's slightly different.

As far as the mouse, idk. It's a Longetech g100s series, with a button that changes the dpi. I know slowest is 250dpi, and fastest is 2500, but the one I have selected it in between them. So presumably 1500dpi, but with .75 sensitivity.
bizarf
1800 dpi
Sensitivity 1.0
Raw input on
1360x768 borderless fullscreen

DPI is probably too high, but I used to have the sensitivity a lot higher. Putting it back to 1.0 made me realize how much more accurate the mouse movements are. I've managed to get one S on a 2 and a half star song which is something I didn't manage before.
ZenithPhantasm
400 dpi 1000hz
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical
1.0x sensitivity Raw Input Off WPS 6/11
800x450 windowed res
Makeli
3600 dpi
Sensitivity 1.0
Raw input off
Resolution 1920x1080 borderless

My friends noted me for my dpi, resolution and my playstyle (click & x). I get told a lot that I should lower my dpi but I don't feel like firetrucking up my muscle memory at least for now.
Topic Starter
Feylos

Maakkeli wrote:

3600 dpi
Sensitivity 1.0
Raw input off

My friends noted me for my dpi, resolution and my playstyle (click & x). I get told a lot that I should lower my dpi but I don't feel like firetrucking up my muscle memory at least for now.
You don't really have a reason to change your muscle memory, as you already are really good... you could just improve with what you have set.
-sev
800 dpi
1.0x sensitivity
raw input on
1600x900 full screen res
dung eater
you can adjust to new dpi/sens really fast, you will adjust to your old settings even faster if you decide to switch back

you will only fuck up your aim for the short time your brain refigures how much you have to move arm to move cursor on screen (for me it's some hours, more if range of motion changes more)

you won't do any damage by trying out settings, give them some hours and it's only good when the muscles get sore from low sens

Maakkeli wrote:

3600 dpi
Sensitivity 1.0
Raw input off

trying out 4000 dpi 2/11 0.5 lachesis and it feels like it derps sometimes a bit and i miss my 300 dpi deathadder that's far away in a better place
Makeli

jaaakb wrote:

you can adjust to new dpi/sens really fast, you will adjust to your old settings even faster if you decide to switch back

you will only fuck up your aim for the short time your brain refigures how much you have to move arm to move cursor on screen (for me it's some hours, more if range of motion changes more)

you won't do any damage by trying out settings, give them some hours and it's only good when the muscles get sore from low sens

Maakkeli wrote:

3600 dpi
Sensitivity 1.0
Raw input off

trying out 4000 dpi 2/11 0.5 lachesis and it feels like it derps sometimes a bit and i miss my 300 dpi deathadder that's far away in a better place
Well I'll see if I feel like changing my dpi and struggle with the problems then.
LoliPantsu
Is it fucking weird that my sensitivity in osu is 1.0 with 1200 DPI but in csgo my sens is 1.6 with 2400?
arihosu
800 DPI 1.0 in game
I used to play 1600 DPI and between 0.6 and 0.7 in game but I read somewhere that not rounding the in game sens is bad so like the good sheep I am I switched to 1.0 with less DPI

Waifu420Laifu wrote:

Is it fucking weird that my sensitivity in osu is 1.0 with 1200 DPI but in csgo my sens is 1.6 with 2400?
Not at all, every game needs a different sensibility, especially CS because the mouse is moved in an infinite fashion (I hope that's how it's called)
Bara
Full area, full screen, 3.7x in-game sensitivity...
ZenithPhantasm

arihosu wrote:

800 DPI 1.0 in game
I used to play 1600 DPI and between 0.6 and 0.7 in game but I read somewhere that not rounding the in game sens is bad so like the good sheep I am I switched to 1.0 with less DPI

Waifu420Laifu wrote:

Not at all, every game needs a different sensibility, especially CS because the mouse is moved in an infinite fashion (I hope that's how it's called)
The proper term is "panoramic"