Total Posts
Topic Starter
epicjarvi
in title
Endaris
dumb or blind? and why
Topic Starter
epicjarvi
its a simple question about preference, not a getting better thread. I never implied any advantage over tablet/mouse.
Endaris
Your answer just shows that you didn't read the post.
not even mentioning search function holy
ZenithPhantasm
Mouse because tablet is limited only to osu.
Topic Starter
epicjarvi
that thread said something about tablet insta-betterness, etc. so it seems you think im implying something like that...
Topic Starter
epicjarvi

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

well i guess you can use tablets for drawing and stuff
pandaBee
Both.
Endaris
Do you want one or two steaks?

pandaBee wrote:

Both.
That's the spirit!
Topic Starter
epicjarvi

pandaBee wrote:

Both.
I want to try both, but i can only play consistent with one
Astrofiziks

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

i've been using mine to draw but now i know that's not what they're meant for ):
Topic Starter
epicjarvi

Astrofiziks wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

i've been using mine to draw but now i know that's not what they're meant for ):
yeah I tried drawing with mine but its very hard to do for me. for some reason mouse is better at that imo
Deva
Aim with tablet and click with mouse. ez
Originality
Hey!

I'ma graphic design minor at the uni I'm at, so I got my tablet partly for that, and partly for osu. I like tablet over mouse because the pen feels a lot nicer in my hand than a mouse does. But it's really personal preference. I still use my mouse, just not for osu.

Astrofiziks wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Drawing with tablet (especially ones that don't have a screen) takes a LOT of practice. Your eyes have to match the position of your pen with the screen (generally not on top of each other) instead of with a piece of paper. I've had my tablet for ~4months now, and I still prefer pencils (ranging from 5B to 5H) and piece of paper over the tablet. Unless you wanna buy a cintiq, but those are like, super big amounts of money...
Astrofiziks

peckc wrote:

Drawing with tablet (especially ones that don't have a screen) takes a LOT of practice. Your eyes have to match the position of your pen with the screen (generally not on top of each other) instead of with a piece of paper. I've had my tablet for ~4months now, and I still prefer pencils (ranging from 5B to 5H) and piece of paper over the tablet. Unless you wanna buy a cintiq, but those are like, super big amounts of money...
i've had mine for a few years now. i had a hard time figuring it out when i first bought it, but now i've used it so much instead of actual pencil and paper that i can't do traditional art anymore :o
ZenithPhantasm

peckc wrote:

There's always Microsoft's Surface line of tablets.
rogueshadow12
Imo, the tablet gives a better sense of freedom. It gives a different feel for jumps, streams, and spinners (active area is like low dpi for a mouse)
Overall it gives a unique and different kind of fun as compared to the mouse
dung eater
mouse because other games, too lazy to switch between them and being shit and not so comfortable
with tablet
Telstra3G
Depends on the style?
I used a mouse before and I didn't like it so I'm gonna use a tablet.
I guess its just personal preference.
Mahogany
On the first day of getting a tablet, I already had better aim than with mouse.

That might just be me being bad with mouse though xd
[Nic]
I prefer the good ol' mouse! I like using Tablet, but my hand just isn't steady enough to hover my pen..especially when I'm on the verge of an FC. I get super tensed up and violently throw my hand across the Tablet and miss everything. When I use mouse I hold on tight and it seems to keep it steady when I'm tense. I've tried dragging but I can't seem to get the hang of it, so I just gave up after about 2 weeks of trying to learn tablet and went back to Mouse lol #thestruggle
ZenithPhantasm

Rappy wrote:

I prefer the good ol' mouse! I like using Tablet, but my hand just isn't steady enough to hover my pen..especially when I'm on the verge of an FC. I get super tensed up and violently throw my hand across the Tablet and miss everything. When I use mouse I push down really hard and it seems to keep it stready when I'm tense. I've tried dragging but I can't seem to get the hang of it, so I just gave up after about 2 weeks of trying to learn tablet and went back to Mouse lol #thestruggle
You're probably using too small of an area. Try using full.
[Nic]

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I did for a while but it's just too slow imo. I have to make awkward arm/hand movements to do jumps and then the pen starts to slip out of my hand from all of the sweat and I can't regrip fast enough to not miss.
My current area isn't crazy small, it's a little less than half. I will try increasing it a little bit though
NixXSkate

Rappy wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I did for a while but it's just too slow imo. I have to make awkward arm/hand movements to do jumps and then the pen starts to slip out of my hand from all of the sweat and I can't regrip fast enough to not miss.
My current area isn't crazy small, it's a little less than half. I will try increasing it a little bit though
Your tablet grip should generally be a bit different than your pencil grip, unless you're using a very tiny area. The grip needs to focus on stability (such as anchoring your pinky on the tablet) and comfortably moving larger movements without moving your wrist's position (generally by holding it higher).

Tablet is more practical for a game like osu!, but you can get good with a mouse with extra practice. Some people just prefer the feel of a mouse even if it's not as practical.
Endaris

NixXSkate wrote:

Tablet is more practical for a game like osu!, but you can get good with a mouse with extra practice. Some people just prefer the feel of a mouse even if it's not as practical.
Top mouse players don't have extraordinary playcounts so that seems to be plain wrong.
Compared to tablet players around my rank my playcount also seems absolutely average.
NixXSkate

Endaris wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

Top mouse players don't have extraordinary playcounts so that seems to be plain wrong.
Compared to tablet players around my rank my playcount also seems absolutely average.
If they're really high tier players, chances are they're talented anyway, and would've learned fast whether with tablet or mouse. Besides, many of them do have playcounts quite up there, such as Doomsday and Amai. Angelsim most likely had a period where he played offline, too (Back when he was firebat92). Playcount isn't an accurate way to measure how much someone has played anyway, it doesn't include offline playing, unranked playing, and groups a retry within 5 seconds the same as a full playthrough. I have a high playcount and I would've probably had a bit better aim if I cared about switching to tablet, but the main reason I'm bad is because of my own incompetence, nothing to do with mouse. Even if it's harder to master mouse, a good player can master either peripheral. SiLviA was able to master using a mouse with a cheap, mediocre sensor (although it has the best mouse shape ever); compare that to a tablet with absolute positioning.
ZenithPhantasm

NixXSkate wrote:

If they're really high tier players, chances are they're talented anyway, and would've learned fast whether with tablet or mouse. Besides, many of them do have playcounts quite up there, such as Doomsday and Amai. Angelsim most likely had a period where he played offline, too (Back when he was firebat92). Playcount isn't an accurate way to measure how much someone has played anyway, it doesn't include offline playing, unranked playing, and groups a retry within 5 seconds the same as a full playthrough. I have a high playcount and I would've have probably had a bit better aim if I cared about switching to tablet, but the main reason I'm bad is because of my own incompetence, nothing to do with mouse. Even if it's harder to master mouse, a good player can master either peripheral. SiLviA was able to master using a mouse with a cheap, mediocre sensor; compare that to a tablet with absolute positioning.
Should also mention SiLviA used a Pop 3 Grast which has an extremely good ergonomic shape.
Nadfee
mouse,mouse,mouse,mouse,mouse,mouse,mouse,mouse.
bcuz it is sooooooooooo satisfying to hit cross map flicks. Oh I LOVE crossmap flicks with mouse

I dont know what heppaned but I habe writink dificultees xd

EDIT: But seriously, since I dont have a tablet I can't really answer that. All I know is that it feels satisfying to cross map flick with a mouse. I doubt it'll feel good with a tablet (imo) because its just a small pen that is highly mobile (which makes the excitement disappear).
ZenithPhantasm
They're call jumps lol
Deva
Did you even pass airman?
show more