forum

osu! Taiko Map Modifier.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Hello everyone.
I have made a small tool, exclusively in C#, enabling users to create new Taiko beatmaps based on the original charts they currently have. This makes up for the lack of Taiko mods - as the actual Taiko games have many mods that sadly aren't here - and gives players and mappers another look at the charts they own or make.

It supports 5 different modes for the moment, all respecting the rhythm provided in the given chart:
Abekobe: Every don switches to kat, and vice-versa. It respects the current big notes present.
All Big Notes: Every single note becomes big.
Random: Uses a seed, and three variations exist for this mode:
  1. No Big Notes: Deletes all current big notes, and creates a chart with random kats and dons.
  2. Big Notes: Randomly assign kats and dons to notes. Respects the Finish hitsound presence.
  3. Anarchy: Randomly assign big notes, kats and dons to notes. Does not respect anything, not even your playing skills.
How to use it:
Upon opening the program, a dialog box will appear. Depending on how you have configured your osu!, the directory it will either default to C:\ or your current Songs folder. Choose a Taiko beatmap to massa.... modify, and a small dialog box in the console will ask you to choose any option listed.
Choose your desired modification, and when it's finished, the program will load the folder where the new chart is.
If you chose any of the three random options, the new difficulty name will be: <OriginalDifficultyName>_SEED_<seed>.
If you chose otherwise, the new difficulty name will be: <OriginalDifficultyName>_GXCMod.

Download : https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqkce8m7bun7g ... r.exe?dl=0 (Version 1.0, 43.5 KB)

OzzyOzrock
I can finally have random note Shinsekai.

OH WAIT
xtrem3x

OzzyOzrock wrote:

I can finally have random note Shinsekai.

OH WAIT
XDDD!!!!
PatZar
damn
Surono
wLOL
Azeider
mdlol xdddddd ptdr

rt
Reqquiem
well i'm not a taiko player but it seems like a good idea
Juuryoushin
Excellent tool, we can finally have a Taiko equivalent of the Mania-mod thing. (If only it could be integrated)
Best for sightreading !
Bramble
This might be personal opinion, but I think it would be better to have the new diffs say what mod you're using, instead of like, "seed blah blah blah" or whatever. That way some things don't get overwritten, and it's easier to pick which modified map to play if you modified the same map a few times
abrian
Still waiting for an official mod instead of needing a program to do so ._.
but great work!
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Hopefully that will be an incentive to actually get official mods.
CuticleThong
i think Abekobe, all big notes, and anarchy mod will become official mod soon :v
Midnaait
Give Taiko mode some love
abrian

CuticleThong wrote:

i think Abekobe, all big notes, and anarchy mod will become official mod soon :v
yea, I don't get why it takes almost 4 years now when it was first suggested.
I can't imagine it being too hard to implement ><