forum

Mario or Sonic?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CokLz
For me sonic,he is a freakin blue hedgehog,who run in the speed of sound
Renevant
While i enjoyed both, I've always liked mario's side-scrolling games more than sonic's.

With the newer/3D stuff, i'd still have to say Mario is my preferred choice. Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy were just a lot of fun to play. Even so, i still spent countless hours on games like Sonic DX and Sonic 2 battle.

If i had to choose between the two characters, I would say Sonic, because i've always liked how he turns into a ball.
Topic Starter
CokLz

Renevant wrote:

While i enjoyed both, I've always liked mario's side-scrolling games more than sonic's.

With the newer/3D stuff, i'd still have to say Mario is my preferred choice. Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy were just a lot of fun to play. Even so, i still spent countless hours on games like Sonic DX and Sonic 2 battle.

If i had to choose between the two characters, I would say Sonic, because i've always liked how he turns into a ball.
You like metroid so,she turn into a ball too
Telstra3G
Why not both?
They're both good 8-)
Critical Dude

Telstra2G wrote:

Why not both?
They're both good 8-)
Nah pick one

I would say Mario because of the lovable yet very simple plots, innovative platform levels and the types of gimmicks introduced as the series goes on. Mario games always keep me interested, but lately they seem a little too easy to complete.
Not saying Sonic doesn't have that too but modern sonic's gameplay kept on getting more weird flaws along with the increase of an annoying fanbase.
Nub1
sanic mario

Critical Dude wrote:

I would say Mario because of the lovable yet very simple plots
Nameless
Mario.
Better fanbase, better games (especially after Sonic '06 happened) and better character design.
brunn08

In my opinion Sonic have a better design but its all because Mario games is too much better than sonic games.
kirueggy

Settle the feud here guys

Mario
Stefan
Sonic will never reach the same level Mario did. As long you talk about the game series.

Character-wise there are (dis)-advantages on both sides:

Mario:
+ Amazing Jump Skills
+ Quite flexible in transforming
+ Relaize and reacts in serious situations quick and reasonable
- Being stupid enough to rescue a princess since 15 years and more

Sonic:
+ Insane Speed in running
+ Can speak the human language
- Having issues to swim properly
- Being naive from time to time
- Sonic Boom

I'd still go with Mario.
Gumpy
Mario has good games. Sonic doesn't have good games. Should be reason enough.
Green Platinum

Gumpyyy wrote:

Sonic has great games, they just stopped coming out after SA2B
Gumpy

Green Platinum wrote:

Sonic has great games, they just stopped coming out after SA2B
This video sums up what I think of SA2B
Green Platinum
I don't agree with his issues with the Knuckles and Rouge stages. (You can get A's with detectors too) the rest is pretty fair. I still view SA2B as an equal to sunshine as a game. And I did 120 shined sunshine and 180 emblemed SA2B.
blooming tea
Mario!
Critical Dude

Stefan wrote:

Sonic:
- Having issues to swim properly
He does make up for that by being able to run on water. Ain't saying he's Jesus *shrug*

Gumpyyy wrote:

I can't decide on whether to laugh or rage at this post. I feel so conflicted

I still vote Mario, also in terms of physique I would say that Mario is more well-rounded character than Sonic. Sonic may have his speed but without that he isn't much.
rogueshadow12
Mario for me maybe because I played more Mario games than Sonic games
cracker12_old
definetely mario he is one of my favorite childhood videogame characters while i never actually played any of the old sonic games or owned a sega console i did play a few newer ones which arent that great but i might try out some of the older sonic games