forum

Green Switches!??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyron
I just got my new razer blackwidow ultimate 2014 and it has ..........green switches. Really? GREEN!!! Why would they do that?

Anyway, i am curious to see what are your thoughts about green switches and and how terrible was my decision of buying a blackwidow. The switches do indeed require some force to press but i think you can get used to it.
ZenithPhantasm
They are Razer Greens not MX Greens. You must have very weak hands if 50g is hard to press down for you.
Topic Starter
Cyron

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

They are Razer Greens not MX Greens. You must have very weak hands if 50g is hard to press down for you.
Compared to red switches they feel quite heavy even if the difference is like 5g
Yolshka
You shouldn't have.

I would suggest not to go with razer in the future . Though the deathadder mouse is pretty decent imho, pretty much the best razer mouse.

As for the keyboards id probably not buy that stuff, because none of them are particularly any good .

The blackwidow is fine if you absolutely need razer stuff, but the others are terrible.
deletemyaccount
Thought this thread was going to be about using cherry mx greens for osu! and I was like

wai

edit: don't listen to the razer naysayers, they probably haven't even owned a razer product, just enjoy your keyboard :^)
Noobsicle
razer greens are baby weight compared to cherry blues

lots of people play with cherry blacks and they're fine with them, just get used to your new keyboard
Comet
I'll drop by here and help you out with a few words of advice from experience.

NEVER buy Razer BlackWidows, they used to be good keyboards and were made with German Cherry MX Blue Switches, but as of 2014 the licensing for the style/brand of Cherry MX Switches ran out, and a company called Kailh (pronounce it how you want,) starting coming up with "improved" (I say that in quotes because it's really questionable whether they're actually improved in most regards,) versions of the switches, which they deemed Kailh Blues.

Razer and Kailh got in touch with each other, and what they both ended up with was a version of the BlackWidow. In order to avoid mass negativity and to increase sales/marketing, they labelled the switches as "Razer Greens" and "Razer Oranges", and called them high-optimized gaming key switches, which can be considered a load of bullcrap by many.

Go buy a Corsair K95 or a QuickFire TK instead, you can choose which switches are installed into the keyboard by default.
ZenithPhantasm

Cometblazer wrote:

I'll drop by here and help you out with a few words of advice from experience.

NEVER buy Razer BlackWidows, they used to be good keyboards and were made with German Cherry MX Blue Switches, but as of 2014 the licensing for the style/brand of Cherry MX Switches ran out, and a company called Kailh (pronounce it how you want,) starting coming up with "improved" (I say that in quotes because it's really questionable whether they're actually improved in most regards,) versions of the switches, which they deemed Kailh Blues.

Razer and Kailh got in touch with each other, and what they both ended up with was a version of the BlackWidow. In order to avoid mass negativity and to increase sales/marketing, they labelled the switches as "Razer Greens" and "Razer Oranges", and called them high-optimized gaming key switches, which can be considered a load of bullcrap by many.

Go buy a Corsair K95 or a QuickFire TK instead, you can choose which switches are installed into the keyboard by default.
I would recommend the TK over the K95 simply because of a wider choice of switch variants and better LED longevity.
LightOfDarkness

Philantropist wrote:

Thought this thread was going to be about using cherry mx greens for osu! and I was like

wai

edit: don't listen to the razer naysayers, they probably haven't even owned a razer product, just enjoy your keyboard :^)
Ducky Shine 3 with cherry greens reporting in

honestly if you have bigger hands then greens won't really hinder you, but it does start to get uncomfortable for long sessions
Heinzen

Philantropist wrote:

wai

I actually owned a DeathAdder, Blackwidow and still have my Megalodon.

Blackwidow is gonna be crap until iOne stops making them, DA was good and the megalodon is alive after 5 years of having it (not sure how, most of their headsets die at 2 years usually).

Generally, Razer would be entry-level, even if expensive, because of the popularity, but once you learn about peripherals you simply don't go back to razer (with very rare exceptions).
ZenithPhantasm

bonbori wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

wai

I actually owned a DeathAdder, Blackwidow and still have my Megalodon.

Blackwidow is gonna be crap until iOne stops making them, DA was good and the megalodon is alive after 5 years of having it (not sure how, most of their headsets die at 2 years usually).

Generally, Razer would be entry-level, even if expensive, because of the popularity, but once you learn about peripherals you simply don't go back to razer (with very rare exceptions).
Blackwidow is crap now.
DA use to be good peaking with the DA Black Edition and then it went downhill again.
No opinion on Megalodon but I'd say stray away as there are more cost efficient alternatives.
chainpullz
I've heard mx greens aren't bad for mania. You split the work across so many fingers the actuation force matters less.