forum

More ''rewarding'' modding process.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +30
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
So before I start, credits to Professionalbox for this idea.

Basically the idea is to make people more inclined to mod, giving them something to ''show off'' with, other than just kudosu.
Perhaps a badge system, which gives you levels(?) for a certain amount of mods(Maybe with some kind of mod quality system behind it as well).

Example:(excuse my paint skills lmao)
Followed up by level 2, level 3, etc. Perhaps at a certain level changing it to Advanced level 1, 2, etc. (Obviously each new level badge replacing the old one)

The reason I think this works well, is because it gives some kind of feeling of satisfaction getting higher and higher levels(perhaps a different design per badge?)
For example, I'm easily addicted to incremental clicking games, getting higher and higher every time gives this kind of satisfactory feeling.
So pretty much after he came up with this idea I was like, hey I'd actually go for that.

Let me know what you think and leave suggestions if you deem it necessary.
Irreversible
I can imagine something like this coming when the new osu! website is released (is that even still a thing? I'm so not informed). But generally support.
Shohei Ohtani
Technically when modding v2 happens, becoming a nominator is supposed to be kind of like a reward for being an active modder.

Too bad modding v2 isn't happening.

It'd be cool for there to be a kudosu ranking that's more than just the Top 50. I've been advocating for that for years, even before I was on the ranking. Similarly to climbing ranks, people would enjoy seeing themselves go up in rank.

The kudosu ranking page doesn't have to include EVERYONE (Although a top 100 would be nice x3. But that's just me), but everyone can have a little rank on their profile.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Reditum wrote:

Technically when modding v2 happens, becoming a nominator is supposed to be kind of like a reward for being an active modder.

Too bad modding v2 isn't happening.

It'd be cool for there to be a kudosu ranking that's more than just the Top 50. I've been advocating for that for years, even before I was on the ranking. Similarly to climbing ranks, people would enjoy seeing themselves go up in rank.

The kudosu ranking page doesn't have to include EVERYONE (Although a top 100 would be nice x3. But that's just me), but everyone can have a little rank on their profile.
It's not necessarily about ranks, more about personal levels. The rank system is already kind of there and no one really cares much for it except the ones that are on it
Shohei Ohtani

Kyshiro wrote:

The rank system is already kind of there and no one really cares much for it except the ones that are on it
;)))))

Lol, but I see your point. But if EVERYONE has a rank, then everyone is gonna be hype :D.

Leveling would be nice tho. My favorite thing is the forum tags though, especially since there's nothing really there after a while, unless you win a mapping contest.

After hitting a certain number of kudosu, it'd be sweet to get a new forum title or something to show at least some sort of long-lasting symbol of "hey yeah u did it"
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
I was more aiming for a badge on your userpage, an ''elite mapper 200X'' kind of thing like Lesjuh has for example, but then for the modding stuff obviously

WHERE'S MY ELITE MAPPER 2013 BADGE BTW
Bara-
I'd really like to see this
However, I think expanding kudosu rankings does enough.
It's a shame I requested that and it got denied
Also, keep in mind that kudosu will go away
Shohei Ohtani

baraatje123 wrote:

please do not let this happen

Kudosu is literally the only thing I have that makes me feel like my years and years of contribution have actually meant something worthwhile to the community.
Sonnyc

Reditum wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

please do not let this happen

Kudosu is literally the only thing I have that makes me feel like my years and years of contribution have actually meant something worthwhile to the community.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
Well then perhaps instead of kudosu, this leveling system could come in place? IF it get's removed
Bara-
Tvo (IIRC) said it'll go away sometime
I really hope it does not >_<