forum

[Archived] We are unable to obtain a supported GL renderer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Imamoto
Problem Details:

Since the last update I get the notification: "We are unable to obtain a supported GL renderer. Please update your graphics card drivers.

Click for more information.

But my Graphic Card is on the lates build and I had never problems with osu! before, whats going on? ...

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://puu.sh/jks9p/12ba4b7baa.jpg

Would'nt be a big deal, but there are a lot of bugs appearing with it. Like a friend of mine is trying to write me and instead of getting his messages I only get the notification that an error has occured... What to do?

osu! version: 20150731.2 (latest)
Trosk-
Please, take a look to this osu!wiki article.

If you are getting this problem, probably you don't have your drivers properly installed and updated.
HiPat
Changing in graphic options colour from 16b to 32b should help
DevLoop
I'm having the same notification, and I know what the problem is but to fix it I need to install my Windows 7 drivers on a Windows 10 (I'm using the modified driver from Microsoft that doesn't support OpenGL at all but is better with DirectX)

Please, an option to disable this notification completely would be great, because this is not a problem for those using DirectX.
Nekonyan

DevLoop wrote:

I'm having the same notification, and I know what the problem is but to fix it I need to install my Windows 7 drivers on a Windows 10 (I'm using the modified driver from Microsoft that doesn't support OpenGL at all but is better with DirectX)

Please, an option to disable this notification completely would be great, because this is not a problem for those using DirectX.
Do you mean "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"?
That appears if you still don't have any display driver installed on your PC.
Use this online installer if you can't find out what''s your graphic driver.

EDIT: I think you have to consider all the driver first before upgrading your Windows next time. :?
TheVileOne
Some cards may have to release drivers for the newest OS, but your Win 7 drivers should work in Win 10. You need to be able to support GL to run the game in the future. Also I highly doubt there is a graphics card made in the last 10 years that doesn't support openGl. Your drivers are certainly outdated.