Let's talk 4Kids

posted
Total Posts
show more
RadioShadow

Loginer wrote:

RadioShadow wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

To be honest, the moment Chris was introduced, Sonic X was completely alienated from the games.
...At least until princess Elise came around, then Sonic 06 also became a complete outcast, good thing it "never happened".
Except for the voice actors which now supply the voices for the Sonic The Hedgehog games, Shadow The Hedgehog being the first one.

I miss the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle voices. :cry:
Same here. Tails sounds like a fag/5-year-old nowadays.
That's not very nice calling a girl a fag. XD

Yes, Tails is done by a girls voice. Maybe that's why he sounded so feminine. :P

Although it's not as crazy where Dr Eggman's dub voice (the Pokémon narrator) does a fat woman's voice on Sonic X......
Loginer
Also, Robotnik himself is constantly losing respect. D:
At first, he was only called Eggman in some Japanese games. Then came Sonic Adventure 1/2, and clearly stated his name was Robotnik, but everyone mocked him by saying Eggman instead. Then his voice actor was murdered died. Nowadays, his name IS Eggman. Poor guy. D:
RadioShadow
Actually, in Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic and the gang called him Dr Eggman but other people called him Dr Robotnik. For example when Eggman's ship is floating in the water, if you talk to the girl at Station Square where you can view the floating ship, she states it's Dr Robotnik's ship.

Just from Sonic Adventure 2 and onwards, he is always known as Eggman. Yay....

*ends nerd mode*

Plus Long John Baldry who voiced Dr Robotnik's voice for the SatAM TV show died during the same year. :( Why do all the people who keep voicing Eggman die? Watch out Mike Pollock. :P
Loginer

RadioShadow wrote:

Just from Sonic Adventure 2 and onwards, he is always known as Eggman. Yay....
LIEZ ;_;
In the cutscene where he appears on screens everywhere, he stands in front of a blue background with "Robotnik" all over it. :D
Asho_old
I think it's almost a moot point now, since at some recent point Sega made "Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik" part of the game canon ("Ivo Robotnik" originated in an American promotional comic or something).
Neo@lex

Asho wrote:

I think it's almost a moot point now, since at some recent point Sega made "Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik" part of the game canon ("Ivo Robotnik" originated in an American promotional comic or something).
In Sonic the Comic he used to be a man named Ovi Kintobor, and sonic used to be brown. They both got transformed when a machine experiment went wrong.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Neo@lex

Agent BA8 Rookbie wrote:

Let's talk 4ki
Let's not. 4kids suck, and they need to be run out of business. They've ruined so many good shows.
Ur doin it rong.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
the biggest error is that you could be dumb enough to give a shit~
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

the biggest error is that you could be dumb enough to give a shit~
Wait..... I pray to God, The king of all cosmos and anything fictional that you did not said that to me...
awp
It was a general statement.

You were therefore indirectly included <3
Loginer
Yay for collective punishment! (^o_o)^
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
oh... crap... :lol:
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Biggest error... Oh I know.
Ever existing in the first place. Case closed, topic done, we've found the secret of 4kids, they made a deal with the devil so they stay alive. Thank you, and GOODNIGHT.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Well, since we discussed about the bad side of 4Kids TV, let's talk about the good side of.

For example: Viva Pinata and TMNT: FastFoward, which are two perfect examples of original programming.

Any comments on those 4Kids shows?
awp
Aren't the TMNT cartoons getting progressively worse? I only remember the old cartoon series and it was cool. TMNT movies (1 and 2) were by far the best though.
Loginer
The first 3 movies are trying to be funny, not cool, which makes them good. The rest of the stuff can stay away, though.

Download: Ke$ha - Mr Watson (Alice Margatroid) [DC's Khaki Pants].osu
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Well how about that show called Chaotic? It's similar to Yu-Gi-Oh and Bakugan, but I can't argue with that.
Card N'FoRcE
I know that I'm not talking about 4Kids, but I want to let you know that here in Italy we're not so different :o

This page is an example: http://www.ilbazardimari.net/censure/esempi.html (I know it's italian, but just for listing some anime titles), and if you want some images check Naruto or Pokémon, there are lots of images cut form the original anime.
RadioShadow
DAMN YOU ITALIANS FOR GETTING A CUSTOM SONIC X THEME WHEN THE BRITISH HAD TO USE THE CRAPPY EUROPEAN VERSION INSTEAD OF THE AMERICAN VERSION DESPITE THE FUCKING FACT BRITAIN SPEAK THE FUCKING ENGLISH LANGUAGE!

But the Italian theme of the Kirby Amine and Totally Spies (yes, I'm sad and watch that show) are much better than the English counterparts. DAMN IT!

AND WHY IS KIRBY ALLOWED TO SAY POYO MORE IN THE ITALIAN VERSION THAN IN THE ENGLISH VERSION!? LIFE MAKES NO SENSE!
Neo@lex

RadioShadow wrote:

DAMN YOU ITALIANS FOR GETTING A CUSTOM SONIC X THEME WHEN THE BRITISH HAD TO USE THE CRAPPY EUROPEAN VERSION INSTEAD OF THE AMERICAN VERSION DESPITE THE FUCKING FACT BRITAIN SPEAK THE FUCKING ENGLISH LANGUAGE!
SONIC EXXX! SONIC EEE EEXXX! SONIIIIIC! SONIC EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXX!
*dodododododododo do do dooodo dodododododododo do do dooooOOOOOOO"
SONIC EXXX! SONIIIIIC! SONICEXXX! SONIC EEEEEEEEEEEEXXX!
xerxes_oli

Dark Deception wrote:

Well how about that show called Chaotic? It's similar to Yu-Gi-Oh and Bakugan, but I can't argue with that.
that show completely sucks!!
the plot is very hard to follow and the drawing style is very bleh
Card N'FoRcE

RadioShadow wrote:

But the Italian theme of the Kirby Amine and Totally Spies (yes, I'm sad and watch that show) are much better than the English counterparts. DAMN IT!
But those opening themes also have lots of spoilers sometimes, because they also edit the video by taking scenes directly from the anime itself. (Orange Road is an example)
Koopser
Wow, I'm glad that here we got the original Shaman King and not the 4kids version, because I don't think I would like it the way I do now.

Unfortunately Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Sonic X and One Piece (one of my favorite shows ever) were the 4kids version :o
awp
One Piece 4 kids version? Not that I watch One Piece but I can't imagine how butchered they would have made it.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

One Piece 4 kids version? Not that I watch One Piece but I can't imagine how butchered they would have made it.
Like the Blackface/Whiteface controversy I explained on the first post.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Okay. So, when I looked throughout Wikipedia on Yu-Gi-Oh, I just found this:

Wikipedia article wrote:

In the 4Kids Entertainment adaption, names such as Hiroto Honda, Katsuya Jonouchi, and Anzu Mazaki were Americanized into Tristan Taylor, Joey Wheeler, and Téa Gardner respectively. Though originally taking place in Japan, the setting was changed to take place in the United States. The Japanese sound effects, background music, and opening and closing sequences were also changed.
But wait! That's just the half if it!

Wikipedia article wrote:

Along with Americanization and edits to music, weapons, religion references, death, death threats, violence, obscene gestures, nudity, revealing outfits, profanity, and sexual innuendo were all censored to make the series suitable for children. Plot points were also changed, for censorship or unknown reasons. The duel cards's Japanese and English writing was removed and to get around FCC rules concerning advertising in shows, as well as to make the show more marketable in non-English countries, all the cards in the show have been painted over to feature only the card illustration, card element and the attack/defense of the card if it is a monster card.
O_O... Word cannot describe my anger for what they did. Poor Yugi's probably sobbing about this whole 4Kids assault if he read this out of habit. Heck, Seto Kaiba's probably angry about this whole thing. Even Maximillion Pegasus, the one responsible for the Duel Monster's existence in the anime is even gritting his teeth in anger. But thank god that none of the damage on the cards were done on the movie...

Also, I didn't get this whole picture?

I don't know why 4Kids hate Occultism, but I'll live, along with the music and sound.

But if Jaden Yuki see THIS, he will go Elemental Hero Neos up their money-making cracks:

wikipedia article wrote:

Eyecatches, previews, and the "Today's Strongest Card" featurette are removed entirely.
I'm going to stop there and see what you all think.

Also, watch Yu-Gi-Oh! the Abridged Series on Youtube!
awp
Without 4Kids there would be no YGO TAS

or at least half the jokes would be absent.
eirrol
I never noticed that one for pokemon. But they really did cut a lot of scenes in that ROCK/MEGAman anime.
Mogsy

awp wrote:

I think this is the one good thing brought about by 4Kids, and that's because of their idiocy.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

Mogsworth wrote:

awp wrote:

I think this is the one good thing brought about by 4Kids, and that's because of their idiocy.
Well, your right, Mogsworth. Besides, at least Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series was the only thing that can come out of it...

But If the intros and endings of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX was still in tact with what it is in japan, then things will be a lot more brighter for the show.
awp
It's a show about people playing cards; could you possibly expect it to be any good?

Granted the manga was about gang fights and arson and shit like that which was kinda funny.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

It's a show about people playing cards; could you possibly expect it to be any good?
Yeah, I know. I watched episodes 1~30, including Cr@psul monsters episode 1. They made me laugh. I really like episode 5's intro with the Yugios. "There Yugi-licious!"

Can't wait for an episode 31! ^-^
Snipe_old
I cant get into card games a show about people playing cards would be even worse for me :P
anonymous_old
For some weird reason, my only fav part of Yu-Gi-Oh is Season Zero. It's the season that was never showed by 4kids because it was too violent, and other stuffs. I could also never get into the card fight crap, either. Season Zero did have card fights, but they were more broad with imagination. Some weren't even card fights. :D
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

HyperHongMeiling wrote:

For some weird reason, my only fav part of Yu-Gi-Oh is Season Zero. It's the season that was never showed by 4kids because it was too violent, and other stuffs. I could also never get into the card fight crap, either. Season Zero did have card fights, but they were more broad with imagination. Some weren't even card fights. :D
Yeah. It was mostly focused on Yugi, and the battles were more of a challenge to his opponent that just Duel Monsters. In fact, the only episode which revolves of that is which he's against Seto Kaiba.

Oh. And if your wondering who acquired Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's? Take a wild guess at who's going to do the same thing with the other two series?

4KIDS!!!

More material for LittleKuribo to rag on!

Seriously! Look at this:

Wikipedia article wrote:

As with the previous two series (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX), this series has been acquired by 4Kids Entertainment.
This means more awful dubbing! For the love of Ra, ViZ media should stopped them and acquire it! Since they didn't, goodbye any songs we're wanting to listen on the first season! Also, there not going to keep the names of the characters they have on the Japanese version! Yusei Fudo is going to be mad when he reads this.

Well, I can tell that Yugi, Seto and Mokuba's names haven't been damaged by 4Snizz (name calling for 4Kids).
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Neo@lex

Dark Deception wrote:

Oh yeah, by the way. Here a WTF on the movie: Lucario and the mystery of Mew

Wikipedia article wrote:

"Hajimari no Uta", the ending theme for the Japanese version of the movie, is performed by Puffy AmiYumi. The ending theme for the English dub was "We Will Meet Again" performed by John Siegler.
I just did not belive it... 4Kids hate Puffy AmiYumi too? Those poor gastrols! They milk a multi-billion dollar show which was aired in Japan, but they removed "Hajimari no Uta" from the end of the movie?!? 4Hizz (another 4Kids namecalling), you have gone too far...
They didn't hate it, it's pretty normal for pokemon to have it's japanese music swapped with something American. In America!
Best one ever was Pokemon the Movie 2000's ending.
show more