forum

Let's talk 4Kids

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
So, I know I haven't brought up a random post in a while, but let us think of a lot of ways why 4Kids really sucks, can kiss our tucas, be humiliated, be brutally beaten within an inch of it's life, be wedged, be given a swirlie, be locked in a closet for a month without food, be crucified, can go to the flaming underworld within the planet's core, be locked up in prision, be frizbied and just be terminally ill with STD and AIDS and DIE!!!

Otherwise, let's post a lot of problems about that 4Kids abomination!

Here's a few of my problems:

In the Japaneses version of One Piece, We all know that Blackface, one of Capitan Buggy's cronies, is black. We all appreciate that. But those 4Kids dumbasses, in their god awful dub, my god, he turned Blackface... white... Don't believe me? Here's proof:

If they done that, they should call him Whiteface! Damn!

Now, I can locate the fact that the Kirby anime should get a better name rather than 'Right back at ya', but we let that slide. But look at this:

Those A-buckets at 4Kids, chopped off the name of the friggin book that Tiff, who is one of my favorite Kirby characters, war reading! Hey, 4Kids TV! Leave the books alone, dammit!

I know there are other stuff that they screwed with the other anime the USed, like this one when instead of Origini, which is being carried by Ash, It's replaced by a Sub:

There might not be proof-by-photos on this one but there is another problem with those smartbutts:

Wikipedia artical wrote:

In most or all the anime in which all the music score and all the sound effects are completely changed, (such as in Yu-Gi-Oh!, Kirby Right Back at Ya and Sonic X), much of the writing in Japanese or English are digitally airbrushed out or replaced with unreadable symbols.
I like to take this moment to say: Hey, 4Kids Entertainment! All the anime shows just called! They want their stuff you riped away back!

Nothing furthure for me to say. Post anymore problems you can locate on 4Kids TV and post it here.

-DD ;)
awp
Yu Gi Oh has some of the funniest 4kids edits.

Personally I think it's great, because it gives LittleKuriboh material to rag on. Anime that's been brought over to North America kinda sucks ass anyway - even if 4kids didn't let a steaming coil of shit rot in the sun and become even more repulsive, if it was a steaming coil of shit to begin with, you're not really losing out on much.
Neo@lex
that's why I prefer subs.
4kids is in the credits of the ssb games too...
Loginer
Apparently, when they dubbed Sonic X, they thought Chaos Control was Robotnik's base. Also, they remove a lot of lulzy stuff in everything they dub, like the scene in Pokémon where James had inflatable breasts. D:
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

Loginer wrote:

Apparently, when they dubbed Sonic X, they thought Chaos Control was Robotnik's base. Also, they remove a lot of lulzy stuff in everything they dub, like the scene in Pokémon where James had inflatable breasts. D:
Yeah! Too suggestive. I let that slide as well.

But what also pees me off is Porygon and it's evo forms are removed ever since the seizure in the episode "Electric Solder Porygon".
Saturos

Loginer wrote:

Not only that, but any sort of weapon is editted out, any sort of death is converted to someone 'leaving', etc.

Yes, stuff dies in Pokemon. ZOMGZ NO
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

Saturos wrote:

Not only that, but any sort of weapon is editted out, any sort of death is converted to someone 'leaving', etc.

Yes, stuff dies in Pokemon. ZOMGZ NO
Yeah, they fricked up! Guns? We don't need it! 'Leaving' instead of death?!

*Rings* Hello 4Kids TV, why do have the Grim Reaper made fun of and humiliated? Let's see some saddening drama here! Someone dying and someone telling him or her not to die!! WORK WITH ME HERE, 4KIDS TV!!
RadioShadow

Loginer wrote:

To be fair that Pokémon scene was a bit strange and not something kids should be encouraged to do. I can see why that one was removed and I agree with them.

Speaking of Sonic X http://www.sonicfighters.com/rattleman/sxu/series.html

That website does a comparison of all the episodes. The one thing I really hate about the dub is they changed all the music. WHYYYYYY? The French version used the orginal so why can't the English dub? *cries*

I didn't notice the error about Eggman's base being called 'Chaos Control'. XD But this scares me:

Dub Eggman: *hahahahaha* "You're wrong, Creamy Dreamy *heheheh* *HAHAHAHAHA*"

Why in the ever loving fuck is Eggman calling Cream 'Creamy Dreamy'. That's just... wrong.

But we have to thank 4kids for bringing the most important message of all. In the first episode, Sonic stands on racing car while it's moving. The driver says something along the lines "Get off, you don't want kids copying you". Anyway this is what he replied while looking at the audience:

Sonic JP: "Kids, NEVER stand on moving racing cars!".

Sonic Dub: "Never use Formula-1 race cars to chase hedgehogs!"

So 4kids are telling us we mustn't chase imaginary blue talking hedgehogs with racing cars but it's okay to stand on them while moving? God bless you 4kids. ^_^

Dark Deception wrote:

So, I know I haven't brought up a random post in a while, but let us think of a lot of ways why 4Kids really sucks, can kiss our tucas, be humiliated, be brutally beaten within an inch of it's life, be wedged, be given a swirlie, be locked in a closet for a month without food, be crucified, can go to the flaming underworld within the planet's core, be locked up in prision, be frizbied and just be terminally ill with STD and AIDS and DIE!!!

Otherwise, let's post a lot of problems about that 4Kids abomination!

Here's a few of my problems:
Now, I can locate the fact that the Kirby anime should get a better name rather than 'Right back at ya', but we let that slide. But look at this:

Those A-buckets at 4Kids, chopped off the name of the friggin book that Tiff, who is one of my favorite Kirby characters, war reading! Hey, 4Kids TV! Leave the books alone, dammit!

I know there are other stuff that they screwed with the other anime the USed, like this one when instead of Origini, which is being carried by Ash, It's replaced by a Sub:

There might not be proof-by-photos on this one but there is another problem with those smartbutts:
4kids seem to like removing English text that English people can understand. In Sonic X, a lot of signs (some with proper English words) were removed and left blank. Also, when ever text appeared on a monitor screen or in the newspaper (in understandable English), the text got blurred or rmoved.

They even turned a readable signature that the President wrote in the show (which again he wrote using clear English letters which spelt 'Michael R' from a unreadable signature:

I know in one episode they change a Wine Bottle to a Salmon. It's just so random. (tries and finds) What have 4kids got with adults drinking wine anyway that the contents have to be orange juice? Yes, the bottles are changed from wine bottles to bright orange which contain orange juice as is mentioned by the guy in the pictures below.

Edit: here they are:

Darius Ukugagi
This all just reminds me of one of the earlier episodes of the Kirby anime, the scene in which Kirby mishandles an uzi is taken out in the American version. Sometime when I become less lazy, I'll screenshot said scene, but then again, I'm sure anyone who's ready to bag on 4Kids might have seen this already.

Also, I'm really surprised they didn't name themselves "4kidz". Guess they don't want kids to be spelling "kids" with a "Z" either. Wow, what a modest crew, thinking of the children.

Hanna Barbera, how about you show them Tom and Jerry?
Saturos
Please shrink that sig of yours a bit, Darius. <3

Also, I loved Tom & Jerry growing up.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

RadioShadow wrote:

The one thing I really hate about the dub is they changed all the music. WHYYYYYY? The French version used the orginal so why can't the English dub? *cries*
Yeah! You going to pay for screwing Crush 40, you jackpoops!

RadioShadow wrote:

Dub Eggman: *hahahahaha* "You're wrong, Creamy Dreamy *heheheh* *HAHAHAHAHA*"

Why in the ever loving fuck is Eggman calling Cream 'Creamy Dreamy'. That's just... wrong.
Wow... What's next, 4Kids? Have Dr. Eggman telling Cream that he's her father, like Darth Vader did to Luke? Star Wars references, people! WAKE UP!

RadioShadow wrote:

They even turned a readable signature that the President wrote in the show (which again he wrote using clear English letters which spelt 'Michael R' from a unreadable signature:

What are you 4Kids numbeggs trying to do? Keep the president's name hidden? We already know who the pesident's name is, thanks to RadioShadow! :D

RadioShadow wrote:

I know in one episode they change a Wine Bottle to a Salmon. It's just so random. (tries and finds) What have 4kids got with adults drinking wine anyway that the contents have to be orange juice? Yes, the bottles are changed from wine bottles to bright orange which contain orange juice as is mentioned by the guy in the pictures below.

Edit: here they are:

(Sarcasticly)Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

They could at least replace it with Kool-Aid or something! That would be sweet, but Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! They want to put food on that guy's hands!

Hypocritical 4Kids scumbags...

Darius Ukugagi wrote:

This all just reminds me of one of the earlier episodes of the Kirby anime, the scene in which Kirby mishandles an uzi is taken out in the American version.
4Kids, leave the guns alone, so we can have weapon humor...

Again, hypocritical, weapon humor hating 4Kids scumbags...
awp
I can't tell if this thread is hilarious or sickeningly pathetic any more

just post more comparisons; those are lulzy

comparison shots of Mai Valentine's cleavage plz

and maybe Bandit Keith and Pegasus' Firearm Excel Saga scene
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

I can't tell if this thread is hilarious or sickeningly pathetic any more.
Well, I'm making fun at what crap 4Kids throws us, thanks to the postings. ^.^
LuigiHann
To be fair, a completely unreadable signature is much more realistic.
Loginer
"4Kids wants children to stand on moving vehicles ^_^"
Win. Also, that orange juice bottle looks like a huge cigar.
Darius Ukugagi

Saturos wrote:

Please shrink that sig of yours a bit, Darius. <3

Also, I loved Tom & Jerry growing up.
There, Mr.Saturos, I have shrinked it! The heart makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I'll take it as a compliment coming from number 1! How's it now?

.....Wait...I was supposed to say something about 4Kids, huh? Uhh.....did you know that while I was watching Pokemon when I was little, I thought that was a totally different 4Kids than what everyone's complaining about?

.....Well damn.
Saturos

Darius Ukugagi wrote:

There, Mr.Saturos, I have shrinked it! The heart makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I'll take it as a compliment coming from number 1! How's it now?
Thanks. It was breaking the forum borders. Much better now. ;x

To stay on topic: lololololol4kids
RadioShadow

Loginer wrote:

"4Kids wants children to stand on moving vehicles ^_^"
Win. Also, that orange juice bottle looks like a huge cigar.
*stands on moving car*
This is fun! :D

LuigiHann wrote:

To be fair, a completely unreadable signature is much more realistic.
true. And he was signing more than one documents while looking bored so I doubt he would have kept them neat.

awp wrote:

cleavage
You want some 'breast size' (I refuse to use that posh word) comparison? Well they're not human ones but they will do. :P

Now 'most' people know who Rouge the Bat is. Yes the bat with the big breasts that was designed by Sega as a 'sex symbol' (not that us males want to have sex with female bats <_<). Anyway, 4kids seem to not have a problem with them and the episodes she appeared in between 11 - 51, they were left untouched. In fact I'm sure in the dub they left the scene where Rouge pulls out a chaos emerald that she kept in her breasts... for safe keeping. 8-)

For those who don't know whom I'm talking about, here's a picture:

Now during Season 3, the episodes from 52, someone at 4kids had a problem with them and decided to make her breasts smaller.

Here's the original (^_^):

And here's what some 4kids had fun doing :P:

Okay, I can see why they edited them but this leads to too important questions...

1 - WHY MAKE THEM SMALLER NOW? If 4kids really cared about her breasts being big, why not have edited them during her first appearance, not during Season 3?
2 - Making them smaller isn't going to make me forget their big in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle where they kinda jiggled.

Also it's so fun where 4kids make mistakes. In one episode, Eggman electrocutes crocodiles with his ship. They die of course and the scene was removed in the dub (oh :(). But later on, when Eggman opens the door and gets called by his two Robot's to come in, two dead crocodiles come by. This was left in the dub which leads to a question of (how did they die?). XD

This website is awesome. :) http://www.sonicfighters.com/rattleman/sxu/series.html
Loginer

Saturos wrote:

Thanks. It was breaking the forum borders. Much better now. ;x
Screen resolution?

Also, they didn't notice Rouge until season 3. They were to busy smoking stuff containing mercury. <.<
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

RadioShadow wrote:

Now 'most' people know who Rouge the Bat is. Yes the bat with the big breasts that was designed by Sega as a 'sex symbol' (not that us males want to have sex with female bats <_<). Anyway, 4kids seem to not have a problem with them and the episodes she appeared in between 11 - 51, they were left untouched. In fact I'm sure in the dub they left the scene where Rouge pulls out a chaos emerald that she kept in her breasts... for safe keeping. 8-)

For those who don't know whom I'm talking about, here's a picture:

Now during Season 3, the episodes from 52, someone at 4kids had a problem with them and decided to make her breasts smaller.

Okay, I can see why they edited them but this leads to too important questions...

1 - WHY MAKE THEM SMALLER NOW? If 4kids really cared about her breasts being big, why not have edited them during her first appearance, not during Season 3?
2 - Making them smaller isn't going to make me forget their big in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle where they kinda jiggled.
Hm... I wonder who that guy was with the problem? A gay guy? :?

Also, I bet the 4Kids moochers must'ive got turned on by her. ^.^

RadioShadow wrote:

Also it's so fun where 4kids make mistakes. In one episode, Eggman electrocutes crocodiles with his ship. They die of course and the scene was removed in the dub (oh :().
Hah! Woohoohoohoo! That that, bitch!

What? :? I said it to 4Kids TV!
Loginer
You're a funny one, Dark Deception. One minute, you're making topics about Kids Next Door/Sonic couples, while the next minute, you're randomly cussing to the left and the right. <_<
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Neo@lex

Dark Deception wrote:

Loginer wrote:

You're a funny one, Dark Deception. One minute, you're making topics about Kids Next Door/Sonic couples, while the next minute, you're randomly cussing to the left and the right. <_<
Really?
YES!
Imo, in wierdness:
1: Loginer
2: Dark Deception
3: 31gabe
4: Falzar999
5: James
Loginer

neo@lex wrote:

Dark Deception wrote:

Loginer wrote:

Really?
YES!
Imo, in wierdness:

AFK, sleeping. :>
Neo@lex

Loginer wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

Dark Deception wrote:

Really?
YES!
Imo, in wierdness:

AFK, sleeping. :>
...That's why you're no.1.
awp
I don't consider falzar999 weird

just...

...dumb.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Well, he had our fun, so let's get back to the subject.

Is there any other crap that 4Kids messed in the anime show?
RadioShadow
I'm not weird! :D
Neo@lex

Dark Deception wrote:

RadioShadow wrote:

I'm not weird! :D
you are, you're just not in the top 5. btw:
6.awp
7.peppy
8.slain087
9.luigihann
10.Kai
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

neo@lex wrote:

Dark Deception wrote:

Sooo, what's that scene from?
Neo@lex

Dark Deception wrote:

uhh.....dunno, one piece, maybe? it was on 4chan.
ED links to it as well.

ED also links to this ytmnd.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

neo@lex wrote:

Dark Deception wrote:

uhh.....dunno, one piece, maybe? it was on 4chan.
Hm... maybe anyone else on the osu! community abot that.

But hey, it's cool.

EDITED!: That link's an epic win!

Your the man now, dawg!
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Hmm.... haven't heard from anyone complaining about 4Kids in a while...

But I mannage to find another fatal 4Kids flaw, and it's from another wikipedia article!

Wikipedia article wrote:

the fate of several characters were changed. For example, Maria Robotnik is originally killed aboard the Space Colony ARK, while in the edited version, she is merely captured. Her death remained intact in the the video games where the series originated from.
What the Firearm?
Loginer
Well, you can't just blame 4Kids. Sega just HAD to revive Shadow, and add 80% more emo at that. <.<"
awp
[quote="Dark Deception on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:28 am":9bb60]Hmm.... haven't heard from anyone complaining about 4Kids in a while...neo@lex posted on: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:59 pm

Seriously.

It's been less than 24 hours.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

[quote="Dark Deception on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:28 am":ea5d9]Hmm.... haven't heard from anyone complaining about 4Kids in a while...
neo@lex posted on: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:59 pm

Seriously.

It's been less than 24 hours.Hmm... you right.

But you know, I havn't heard from RadioShadow to see if he/she responded to the wikipedia article I posted.
RadioShadow

Dark Deception wrote:

Hmm.... haven't heard from anyone complaining about 4Kids in a while...

But I mannage to find another fatal 4Kids flaw, and it's from another wikipedia article!

Wikipedia article wrote:

the fate of several characters were changed. For example, Maria Robotnik is originally killed aboard the Space Colony ARK, while in the edited version, she is merely captured. Her death remained intact in the the video games where the series originated from.
What the Firearm?
Well 4kids hate people dying. :(

Plus what wiki article?
show more