forum

Help Needed!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JoePettry
So i've been playing osu for about 4 months now and i'm just stuck i'm barely making and progression. i'm posting to hear ideas from other players on skill i should learn, maps, or techniques. Even the smallest thing might help me some small things i really struggle with are snaps, streams, and i dont know if these have a name or not they probably do the close/small sliders. HELP!!! :(
Yuudachi-kun
How about you actually play the game because you have jack shit for activity in the last four months. I get your playcount in a week or two and my playcount gain is low compared to others. I get your total hitcount in Two to four DAYS, and I don't play much more than 3 hours a day.

Recent Activity
about 38 hours ago
JoePettry unlocked the "Challenge Accepted" achievement!
2 days ago
JoePettry achieved rank #746 on LiSA - Rally Go Round -TV ver.- [Normal] (osu!)
2 days ago
JoePettry achieved rank #645 on LiSA - Rally Go Round -TV ver.- [Easy] (osu!)
about a month ago
JoePettry achieved rank #595 on Duca - marry me ? [Easy] (osu!)
about a month ago
JoePettry unlocked the "500 Combo (any song)" achievement!
There's no fucking way you have a gap between a month ago and two days ago if you had actually been playing.
deletemyaccount
Stop playing easy maps, you aren't going to improve by not challenging yourself.
Topic Starter
JoePettry

Philantropist wrote:

Stop playing easy maps, you aren't going to improve by not challenging yourself.

Khelly wrote:

How about you actually play the game because you have jack shit for activity in the last four months. I get your playcount in a week or two and my playcount gain is low compared to others. I get your total hitcount in Two to four DAYS, and I don't play much more than 3 hours a day.

Recent Activity
about 38 hours ago
JoePettry unlocked the "Challenge Accepted" achievement!
2 days ago
JoePettry achieved rank #746 on LiSA - Rally Go Round -TV ver.- [Normal] (osu!)
2 days ago
JoePettry achieved rank #645 on LiSA - Rally Go Round -TV ver.- [Easy] (osu!)
about a month ago
JoePettry achieved rank #595 on Duca - marry me ? [Easy] (osu!)
about a month ago
JoePettry unlocked the "500 Combo (any song)" achievement!
There's no fucking way you have a gap between a month ago and two days ago if you had actually been playing.

Philantropist wrote:

Stop playing
easy maps, you aren't going to improve by not challenging yourself.
Just cause I signed up a year ago doesn't mean I've been playing. I started up recently and I have been playing 8-10 hours almost everyday cause why not. As for the recent activity I don't know why it's not updating cause I've been playing 5* and up for a while now.
Yuudachi-kun
Playing those maps is a waste of your time if you actually are playing the game. I've seen your profile - you have little of anything in the last FOUR months which I specifically said.

Yes, I am going to doubt your claim of 8-10 hours a day.
gregest
having osu oppened for 8-10 hours and playing osu for 8-10 is totally different
Bauxe
If you are playing for 8-10 hours every day, the only way you could possibly be at 600 playcount for this month is if the songs you play are, on average, 30 minutes in length and you never quit out.
Yuudachi-kun

Bauxe wrote:

If you are playing for 8-10 hours every day, the only way you could possibly be at 600 playcount for this month is if the songs you play are, on average, 30 minutes in length and you never quit out.
Or those 5* maps he plays he is literally so bad at he gets less than 10,000 points per play which means it doesn't register as a play.
-Makishima S-
I don't know why it's not updating cause I've been playing 5* and up for a while now.

??????
Ramin Djawadi - The Children [Hard] (82.96%)
2 days ago

Hatsune Miku - Packaged -piano version- [Hard] (85.55%)
2 days ago

Flobots - Handlebars [Microphone] (83.55%)
about a month ago

Chasers - Lost [Hard] (80.95%)
2 days ago

Rostik - Liquid (Paul Rosenthal Remix) [Hard] (80.05%)
about a month ago

U wut m8?

Spend some time on easy/normals.
Learn how this game works.
5* and you?.......... cool story bruh.

Read sticky "how to not be garbage" and "why i am shit at this game".
StephOsu

JoePettry wrote:

Just cause I signed up a year ago doesn't mean I've been playing. I started up recently and I have been playing 8-10 hours almost everyday cause why not. As for the recent activity I don't know why it's not updating cause I've been playing 5* and up for a while now.
this makes me laughs so hard why are you even playing 5 star songs when all you can do is barely play hard songs
Sojana
Recent activity doesn't show everything you do/did. I believe it only shows stuff like top 1k rank scores or something.

Anyway like the others said play more, u barely played for 4 months "activity"

Play whatever maps u want. That's what I do, I don't always get pp, in fact I barely got any pp for the last 2-3 months. But that's because I play maps that I can't FC or nearly FC. But that doesn't mean I am not getting better. You just have to play stuff slightly above your own skill (if u are able to judge it properly) personaly I try to play stuff that gives me problems so I can fix that problems.

If u have problems with streaming, play maps with streams, if u have problems with doubles/triples play them..., if u have problems with sliders w/e variation for the love of god play them.

Don't avoid stuff u are bad at. Play it and get better at it. That's all there is to it imo.

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4974611

If u check my profile u can see I did some scores recently but recent activity doesn't show me anything.

Also, don't play maps u can't even pass. Smashing keyboard can be fun for a while but u won't get better if that's what u're aiming for. Accept the fact that u can only play up to this or that difficulty. Even tho star rating is pretty fucked up for some maps.
Yuudachi-kun

Sojana wrote:

Recent activity doesn't show everything you do/did. I believe it only shows stuff like top 1k rank scores or something.
I am well aware of this and I am also aware of the fact that you have you be trying really fucking hard to not set a top 1k score on a map if you're actually playing 8-10 hours a day for a month.
Yolshka
its not that easy popular maps that give decent pp wont show in your recent activity
Bauxe

Khelly wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Or those 5* maps he plays he is literally so bad at he gets less than 10,000 points per play which means it doesn't register as a play.
Pretty sure these days they do.
Yuudachi-kun
I just tested it out - my score did not submit for 300 points.
Mahogany
OP, you're not playing 5* maps. I'm playing 5* maps. You're shitpassing, if even.

Nobody can give general advice for osu

Just play the fucking game more

Also look at the forum post in my sig
repr1se
Like the others wrote, I doubt your play time. However, I'll throw in some advice.

Play maps that you can 99%. Those should be your warm up maps. Then move to the maps you can 95% and try to improve those. Then play the maps you can 90% and improve them. Keep at it and you'll get better -- but only if the maps you play get more difficult.

Also, don't touch mods until you're fairly good, about 3,000PP or so. Until then, mods do more harm than good.
deletemyaccount

Khelly wrote:

I just tested it out - my score did not submit for 300 points.
kynans lab