forum

osu!idol 2015 - Results!

posted
Total Posts

Are you ready to jump in next year's osu!idol?

My voice is ready!
42.54%
My voice is NOT ready.
57.46%
Total votes: 134
Polling ended
show more
Kyonko Hizara
Can I be hype to do this because I am hype to do this
Aiona
hypu~
LightDreamer
Tell all your friends and family! This will be awesome! Best thing to happen on that twitch channel EVER.
Garven
Until next year*
CptHampton
Holy hype I hope it's at a time I can tune in live!!!
yealina
still coughing badly :cry:

wait patiently
Topic Starter
Flanster
If all backfires, I'll just go for announcement right away. Don't want to keep you guys waiting for too long.
LightDreamer

Garven wrote:

Until next year*
Of course ;)
Topic Starter
Flanster
Sadly nothing worked out at the end, I'm sorry everyone.
I am going to wait no more nor will make you wait no more either

The osu!idol FINALS Community Voting will now begin!!

Please click the link below to give your scores for the finalist's entries!!! (will require google login to prevent repetitive voting)
Click me!!!
Voting will proceed until November 30th 23:59:59 UTC!

Spread the word for now! I'll try to get an announcement going.
GOOD LUCK TO THE FINALISTS!!!
CptHampton
Arrrrgh I'm at work right now, can't wait to get home to hear the other amazing entries!
ztrot
I would like to personally say I'm sorry it was kinda out of my hands to make the stream happen my pc failed on me at the worst time possible but I have made sure to get you guys as much notoriety as possible and votes are flooding in so good luck to you all. and again sorry for the delay.
Aiona
It's finally here ♪( ´▽`)
CptHampton
Is there a way to keep the links to the songs up somewhere other than the form? I voted, but just realized that means I can't go back and listen again :(
yealina
google is blocked in China by the CFW...orz
Topic Starter
Flanster

CptHampton wrote:

Is there a way to keep the links to the songs up somewhere other than the form? I voted, but just realized that means I can't go back and listen again :(
Ah..true that, I'll put them up here when I get home.

yealina wrote:

Don't worry, ill take care of this tonight.
Endaris

LoliFlan wrote:

yealina wrote:

Don't worry, ill take care of this tonight.
I think it prevents voting from China too though, I think a poll in the forums would've prevented redundant votes just as well.

Personally I like CptHampton's entry the most, mostly due to the character of the song though as the singing performance of the other two is hard to judge with all the mixing(for me at least, I'm not an expert at such stuff).
I feel like CptHampton and yealina both had slight problems with managing volume relative to the music in a few parts but all entries are still awesome :D
LightDreamer

ztrot wrote:

I would like to personally say I'm sorry it was kinda out of my hands to make the stream happen my pc failed on me at the worst time possible but I have made sure to get you guys as much notoriety as possible and votes are flooding in so good luck to you all. and again sorry for the delay.
You announced it after I told you to in the chat..... You were too excited by the owc.
CptHampton

Endaris wrote:

Personally I like CptHampton's entry the most
Oh wow! :oops: When Flan put up the poll here of who we thought was going to win the finals I was a pretty distant 3rd, so hopefully I can surprise some people and give a good showing for the underdogs out there!
Topic Starter
Flanster
You definitely suprised people already by being the first male finalist :P
yealina
it seems that i'm the worse of the finalist

i don't think it's important that who is the winner, i join this just for fun and sing the songs i love XDDD
but i feel lonely than last year

(and i still ill in bed QA Q)
Oinari-sama
Finally I got a chance to see what's in the envelope :)

It's interesting to see how the contestants apply effects differently, all 3 are worthy of the big stage! I'm glad that the community is voting this year, 'cause it's definitely another nail-biting finals wwww

Good luck all!
Topic Starter
Flanster

Here are the links for the MP3s.

Sagi - Systematic Love
http://flan.s-ul.eu/OQXT0SsA | http://goo.gl/ze7Xyg

yealina - Hyadain no Kakakata☆Kataomoi
http://flan.s-ul.eu/8w5u4phq | http://goo.gl/QzJ5QF

CptHampton - Drumming Song
http://flan.s-ul.eu/ZCA8KxCl | http://goo.gl/NjKmzd

Also I've decided not to create a seperate form for China, as theres nothing stopping those who use VPNs from voting on both forms.
All them factors :linus:
Ayachi-
I wonder why are we using Google forms for voting instead of using the voting on official website like the best of the maps of the year vote at the end of the year.
Topic Starter
Flanster

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

I wonder why are we using Google forms for voting instead of using the voting on official website like the best of the maps of the year vote at the end of the year.
That was my initial idea, but sadly didn't work.
Maybe next year.
LightDreamer
I was thinking about something..... If we go for all community vote next year, we may exclude this year's finalists, because they are already favorites. That wouldn't be fair at all.
Topic Starter
Flanster
Let me worry about that.
LightDreamer
But you're already worrying about everything else
Garven
Just posting my thoughts on the submissions. Astounding job to all three of you!

Sagi
Wow. This is quite an amazing entry! You've definitely got the editing down (or know someone really good) plus the vocals to back it up. I don't know the song and it honestly feels like a professional level recording. Kudos to that.

In terms of this competition, however, I find it really hard to judge favorably. It's to the point of me being more impressed at the editing rather than the singing itself. Mind you I still like it, but I feel that it doesn't really fit for this particular competition.

yealina
I-is that you pitched down an octave? D: I'm not going to lie, it gave me some weird feelings while listening haha. You picked up a lot of the bravado that the male part needs though, which is pretty amusing when you think about you singing these parts separately. As for the female part, after listening to so many of your submissions I already knew that you've got that down pat before I even hear it kick in. This was a fun entry, nice work!

CptHampton
This sounds so awesome - you harmonize great with yourself! I really wish you put a lot more feeling and volume into the melody line, however. It felt empty and lacking compared to the backup vocals and the music itself. The climax at the end, "louder" really pushes home this point as it felt kind of static beyond the flavor vocals.
Topic Starter
Flanster
D:

LightDreamer
EVIL VOTING!!!!!!!!!!!
Topic Starter
Flanster
Time is almost up, gathered more than 850 votes. Whoever hasn't voted, do it now!
phaZ
puh, did it in time!
still, all three entries are so good~ GL to you guys >w<b
Kyonko Hizara
Soon fam :U
CptHampton
P h y s i c s

Cheesecake_Hero wrote:

This is an actual thing...

AWESOME! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN *CHOO CHOO~*
Chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-Chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-chug-a Choo choo!!!
Topic Starter
Flanster
uuuuuh... okay!
So I've set the form to automatically close at 2:00 AM my time (00:00 GMT) assuming gForms is using my local time as timezone.
Hopefully that'll work.

Last 2 hours to vote, don't miss it!
Daichi Shinku
I missed it, lol
Topic Starter
Flanster

Iridescent wrote:

I missed it, lol
Tis what you get for spending ye time in FG!

Alright, voting is now closed, I'll try to get the results ASAP, stay tuned.
Endaris
*is very tuned after 41h*

Will you make another try to get osu!idol on the OWC-stream for the results?
Topic Starter
Flanster

Endaris wrote:

*is very tuned after 41h*

Will you make another try to get osu!idol on the OWC-stream for the results?
Nah, another announcement is queued before mine, shouldn't take long.

EDIT: Will get delayed due to other announcements coming up at once so it doesn't get pushed out.
On hold atm, apologies everyone, one last wait.
show more