forum

osu!idol 2015 - Results!

posted
Total Posts

Are you ready to jump in next year's osu!idol?

My voice is ready!
42.54%
My voice is NOT ready.
57.46%
Total votes: 134
Polling ended
show more
Topic Starter
Flanster
Okay, we have some progress, around 75% done!
Though I'm expecting delays because like always someone has to just submit and go inactive for a week and not respond to their messages *claps*.
LightDreamer
Ok, peppy is #3 with the pop tart. 'cause the pop tart just sings like a kitty
Slyleaf
I'm so nervous! There are so many amazing voices in this competition :o
CoolshadowFNG

Slyleaf wrote:

I'm so nervous! There are so many amazing voices in this competition :o
I know, right? I'm surprised I made top 10 when there are so many talented singers here. I always feel humbled by people's covers here. It makes me want to strive even more to improve my covers. ^___^
Topic Starter
Flanster

Results are ready, we have our Top 3!

You can view the document here!

Congratulations to the finalists who will be fighting alongside for the title of this year's osu!idol!

Sagi
yealina
CptHampton

Stay tuned for updates!
CptHampton
Whoa what how? I'm legitimately surprised. And by 0.1 points, I'm so sorry Lyra...
CoolshadowFNG
Well, I had expected this. My voice was destroyed just making top 10, so I'll happily take 10th. Still better than last year. ^___^

Congratulations to everyone else and I really look forward to hearing the finals entries.
DJisheart
Well, 9th, not bad. Better luck next time. Anyways, who wants duet? JK!
Aiona
Wow, the finals already?
Can't wait!
Pyrka

CptHampton wrote:

Whoa what how? I'm legitimately surprised. And by 0.1 points, I'm so sorry Lyra...
I'm not surprised, last year had the same situation with 0.X points, ended up being 4th as well.

Congratz for your effort and goodluck with competing, all of you :) Since I participated just for fun and for judges' feedback, I feel content, achieved both things. Well, side effects appeared as well, but only positive ones (my fellow hermit will know what I'm talking about), and I have a few projects planned with contestants, so everything was #wurf.

Once again, thank you, and keep improving yourselves even when the competition is over - that's just one of many reasons to do so. ;)
Garven
Would I be compromising my judging integrity if I voted in this new poll?

Anyway, I just wanted to say you all did a great job, and congratulations to the top 3!
Endaris
Congrats to top 3!
I feel like I should have checked up on this earlier again, I just listened through the stage 3 entries and you were all really good! :)
Topic Starter
Flanster

Attention finalists, here comes the suprise announcement!

This year your performances will not be judged by our judges.
Instead it will be judged by the osu!community!

That's right, after you have all submitted your final entries, an announcement will be made on the forums.
We will provide your entries for everyone to listen to and evaluate their scores on a scale of 1 to 10.

Now listen carefully, you have until OCTOBER 31ST 23:59:59 GMT/UTC to submit your entry via PM to me!
YOU CAN USE EFFECTS ON YOUR PERFORMANCE, NO LIMIT, DO YOUR UPMOST BEST!
If you need more time, notify me immediately. I will be sending this information to each finalist's PM aswell.

Good luck!!!

Endaris
:o
I'm not sure if the community is that smart about evaluating singing performances(esp. when effects are allowed) but I'm nonetheless very excited about what we'll get to hear now that it's been announced that they have complete freedom in their performance.
Sagi
Can I use layered vocals for R4? And complicated effects too?
LightDreamer

Sagi wrote:

Well.... He said NO LIMITS
Sagi

LightDreamer wrote:

Sagi wrote:

Well.... He said NO LIMITS
Sweet!
Slyleaf
Congrats guys! I'm so glad I could do this, it was really fun. I'm looking forward to hearing the final songs with full effects <3
Oinari-sama
You guys all did so well! Judging gets harder and harder as we progress, I'd love to give you all good scores but then I wouldn't be doing my job would I xD

Good luck to the finalists, can't wait to see what you come up with!
CptHampton

LoliFlan wrote:

YOU CAN USE EFFECTS ON YOUR PERFORMANCE, NO LIMIT
yealina
i think i will cost more time in mixing than in recording orz
Shiranai
Go Sagi go goo <3

Good luck on the other finalist!
Topic Starter
Flanster

yealina wrote:

i think i will cost more time in mixing than in recording orz
I'm aware, thats why I mentioned if you need more time, contact me!

UPDATE: Deadline is now extended to 31st

That'll give em some time for mixing.
Hakeru
Whoa i'm on #5 HAHAHHAA

Congratulations dear Sagi <3 <3

and good luck everyone for the final round !
Topic Starter
Flanster

Hakeru wrote:

Whoa i'm on #5 HAHAHHAA

Congratulations dear Sagi <3 <3

and good luck everyone for the final round !
come back next year, aight?
Piine
-eats chips-

Seems to be interesting.....even though I didn't observe much of the idol.
Zeva[FL]
I can not wait to hear the final round :"
I hope i can join again next year
Gaia
Sagi, you voice absolutely blew me away when I heard Yuragi... idk how many times I've replayed it and I still have shivers :9
Good luck in finals~ You have a new fan now ^-^/
OzzyOzrock
only like 3 of those songs were heavy im sad
TwistedDuck
Heyaaaa! long post inc!

I'm wasn't very proud with my entry, honestly i couldn't do anything about voice, but what is important to me is, thanks to my friend telling me about this competition i was able to get better at singing and really grind and put a lot of time in this, i was able to get a lot better, im more over happy, each week after week i looked forward to the comments on my song, it was helpful but made me feel really happy and that drived me into making more and getting better, Thank you for all the judges for juding my entries week after week, I'm very thankful to my friend(Exotron) to mention this competition, it helped me during tough times :). kept me going balancing education, cuz studying does get boring after a long time, dont get me wrong i love math and physics but its nice to mix it up, VARIATION and moderation is good ;3 but DO STUDY KIDS! (:

My 2C about finals:
It's all good how loliflan runs it, he's done an amazing job and has been helpful so far through out the competition to everybody and esp to me when i asked for time during sour throat. I feel that singing should be from your skills, your control, your pitch, your range, your voice, your flow, your tune, your accent, your everything that you control and you posses in you should define how great of a singer you are, and what about people who don't have $$, what about people who don't have the money or knowledge to operate on sofwares compared as equal as the 3 contestants?, I personally know basics about video editing(kinda surprsing if you know me) but for me i don't know much more than above average and what if one person has the money and technology to really add in that factor to raise their singing, is that really fair? i don't mean to argue anything in this this subject is very sensitive so i'm just sharing what i know and assume in my head so yeah i could be wrong in this, there are almost 0 possible events where a guy gets voted higher by the community, even already it's showing. idk man i'm really happy with this competition but if i were in top 3, it wouldn't be fair to me, Imagine this situation if cpt didn't have enough skills as sagi or yelena in mixing or vocalling or adding layers and whatever you do in music terms. well tbh this competition for me is about fun and imagine someone from India singing english songs and getting to top? that would be nise for osu india but i mean i don't care for 3 month supporter, for me it's been a wonderful journey, smooth and perfect and has made so many improvements in me and i honestly know for a fact it's because of this competiton, and a part of my real life has been amazing thanks to this competiton but all im saying is to my eyes it seems kinda unfair about the whole rules thing. I'm not calling you out loliflan, i loved being part of what you've done and i also think you did an absolute amazing job with the whole competition and and esp. with selecting judges, holding the competition, managing everything with irl, that deserves mad props!, but i'm just mentioning this.
My 2 cents. :) :) :)

P.S: I'm really happy about my positi

Good luck to you three, i hope you all the very best :D i'm sorry if i seemed serious, it's all you guys now, GOOD LUCK and enjoy 8-)
Garven
From what I've seen, those that are good with mixing are more than willing to help those that cannot. It never hurts to ask when it's needed
Oinari-sama
^Pretty much that.

Effects are just spices to help lift a well prepared dish (except auto-tune.. it turns everything into weirdness regardless of good/bad lmao).

These finalists are all capable of taking out the competition without effects to start with, seems like it'll come down to who's willing to spend more time rather than who knows how to mix wwww
LightDreamer
Auto-tune is for VOCALOIDs and Lady Gaga XD
Topic Starter
Flanster

TwistedDuck wrote:

many words
First of all, thanks! The only hard part about running this is people asking the same questions over and over even though they've been answered, heh.
Anyone can do it if they put their mind to it (im doing it tho its miiiiine).

Second - you're overthinking things, this event was created for fun. Sure some can have a competative attitude and/or advantage but keep in mind that vocal performance is judged, not your mixing skills nor microphone quality, we're not going to cut your score half with the reason "your mic sucks" or give 2 more points because that girl has a Yeti. The only problem that can arise is not enough volume, but trust me I've amped one entry 800% and it still worked out.

And as for the mixing at finals, I am aware it can be a disadvantage not knowing how to work with audio.
If this actually happens someday, I'll make sure it goes out well, wouldn't mind helping out with the basics.
Audio mixing is not something hard, it can just be time consuming.

But anyway, expecting you here again next year!

LightDreamer wrote:

Auto-tune is for VOCALOIDs and Lady Gaga XD
Don't forget Rebecca Black.
LightDreamer
A yeti!? Flan, are you suddenly into hairy things?
TwistedDuck
Fur*
and yes ofc loliflan!
Foxidesu
To me the competition is already over and we have those 3 winners, also the next round has to be seen as an Extra that tells "okay bless our ears now"

At least it's how I see it and i think it's a great idea for us (vocalists) overall, being your own producer and trying to use your creativity instead of just singing a line
which is what you're supposed to do when you wanna share your music on internet
yealina
i got a bad cold and continued for about 3 weeks :(
and my voice has been like this for 2 weeks

http://puu.sh/kYc2Q/6a618b821d.mp3

so maybe i will upload a short ver. instead of a full version orz
i feel very sorry about that orz
Topic Starter
Flanster

yealina wrote:

i got a bad cold and continued for about 3 weeks :(
and my voice has been like this for 2 weeks

http://puu.sh/kYc2Q/6a618b821d.mp3

so maybe i will upload a short ver. instead of a full version orz
i feel very sorry about that orz
Hey, there are still a few days left, plenty of time to get better! Get well soon.
Topic Starter
Flanster
We have received all 3 entries, stay tuned for an upcoming event showcasing the finalists' tracks!
show more