forum

osu!idol 2015 - Results!

posted
Total Posts

Are you ready to jump in next year's osu!idol?

My voice is ready!
42.54%
My voice is NOT ready.
57.46%
Total votes: 134
Polling ended
show more
Topic Starter
Flanster
Kyonko > Nyanners whoever bla

Anyways guys Stage 1 J/K/POP will start tomorrow-ish, get ready!
Kyonko Hizara

LoliFlan wrote:

So Flan do you want a loli rap?
TwistedDuck

Garven wrote:

Aw, I guess I'll comment less then.

Great job, everyone! It was fun listening to all of you! I'm pumped for the next round!
Garven i thought yours was one of the best, maybe cause it was the first one i saw but, honestly keep doing whatever your doing, ur just putting in more time!, quality isnt compromised
Stefan

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

LoliFlan wrote:

So Flan do you want a loli rap?
I'd approve that so much.
Kyonko Hizara
Warfu
ayy lmao
Congrats to everybody, see you in the next round >:3
[ Piyori ]
I CANT BELIEVE I PASSED OMGOM
Nepeta Leijon
Nomme
Rolf 1/10 *achievement unlocked*
Didn't expect to get more points though :3

As I said in the description, I initially wanted to sing for real but my singing is crap so I was pissed and did random ridiculous annoying shiet. I didn't think before I've sent it, and only after, I realized it was useless and a waste of time for you judges. I hope you didn't think I was trolling or something, it is not what I wanted to do ^^'
My entry was more of a joke entry, I don't really know why I've sent it as a regular one. I didn't have much time, thought "there is my voice in it, let's send it"...

Anyway, my apologies, I'll try to learn how to sing and maybe do something actually interesting next year ; )
Topic Starter
Flanster
As much as fun as it can be, please don't overdo posting such content, I'm a moderator afterall..
yuzuhamu_
I Passed...QAQQQQQ
Pyrka
Hello Becca, for the first time I'm ex aequo with someone, nice entry ;) Btw thanks for such nice notes, I was lmao when registering :P
Endaris
I'm confused and disappointed.

Why the hell is my entry marked as a "joke entry"?
Why wasn't it judged?
I feel seriously trolled...even though I wrote earlier that I'm "Going to participate for lolz though." the entry was serious(and it took me more than one take okay?). What would I participate for if not for the fun anyway? >.>
VirusZeke
i can't lose on the second stage. i can't
JemiLove
I PASSED ! :'D :'D :'D omg! ♥
Konaruhi
OMG I PASSED ;;;;WWWW;;;;
Hakeru
I passed yay ! Thank you !

So for the next round , are we able to mix our raw vocal (eq compress limiter reverb) or leave it with a mixdown again?
xxdeathx

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

xxdeathx wrote:

Bottom 10%
So is your avatar how you feel about the results? :U
no it's how i feel about the lack of feedback :(
LightDreamer
God damn flu!!!!!! If anybody know a miracle solution to make it disappear, please, tell me, I don't want to submit a song of me sneezing all the time
Kyonko Hizara

Hakeru wrote:

I passed yay ! Thank you !

So for the next round , are we able to mix our raw vocal (eq compress limiter reverb) or leave it with a mixdown again?
It still must be raw vocals, the rules on the main post still apply.

LightDreamer wrote:

God damn flu!!!!!! If anybody know a miracle solution to make it disappear, please, tell me, I don't want to submit a song of me sneezing all the time
Eat shredded ginger root. It's good for the immune system :U

xxdeathx wrote:

no it's how i feel about the lack of feedback :(

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

If you didn't get a comment but want feedback on why you got the score you did then send me a forum PM.
Spazza17
Why so low Kyonko? Only judge who gave us a 3 :o

It was still fun though, congratz to the top 50! :D
Kyonko Hizara

mrspazzaneve17 wrote:

Why so low Kyonko? Only judge who gave us a 3 :o

It was still fun though, congratz to the top 50! :D
If you want my honest opinion, I didn't find it to be that good or amazing at all. That's just me tho, the others thought it was pretty good.
DJisheart
SFEJKDVDJELNdlahdbdkkfbekejkekshSHJDOFBDBS! I passed ; n ;
FelixCross
Passed by the skin of my teeth, this is looking to be a good competition :D
Coro
phew, I made it~ =w=
time to get serious =w=
yealina
the competitive maybe hard this year
interesting :D

and i can't hear some enties since the GFW orz
MillhioreF
Now I have some objective proof to give people when they deny that my singing (and my voice in general) are garbage :)
Good job everyone!
Topic Starter
Flanster
Alright everyone, it is time to start the stages!

STAGE 1 GO!

The song you are singing must be JPOP/KPOP/POP. The deadline will be one week from now.
Submission form will close on 13th September 23:59:59 GMT +0

CLICK ME.

We will be using the same submission form to gather the entries throughout the stages. It is available in the first post with large text and on the bottom under "Important links".
I suggest bookmarking it!
Hard
I dont have pc internet until 16th so i guess i am propably out :( good luck to everyone else
Oinari-sama
Congrats to all participants that made it to Stage 1! Can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

The quality this time round was a lot better than anticipated and those who didn't make it this time can certainly hold their head high. Wish you take in some of the feedbacks and keep on improving, aim for Idol 2016 ;)

It's a shame that non of the duets made it to the next round though. While there're a few nice submissions, they're just not quite sharp enough when pitted against high quality solo that we're seeing this year. I'll share a few "thoughts" here and, useful or not, hopefully inspire someone to create a future masterpiece :)

Feedbacks on Duets
These are just things that I thought could be improved upon through observations. I'm not a music major so I won't be using official terminologies, take what I'm about to say with a pinch of salt ;)

Duets are very different from solo, it's the chemistry between singers that can create works of bang. The most obvious advantage of a duet is that you can have 2 voices instead of 1! Think about these just to name a few:

"Sing-along"

This is gotta be the most common scenario in a karaoke box. 2 singers singing the same tune, at the same time, competing to see who's voice is louder after a beer (lol)

The downside is that it sounds very obvious if 1 singer is out of tune/tempo (even slightly) and quite frankly, it's boring! Try to minimize "sing-alongs" and try to mix in other techniques.

"Rally/Tag"

This is where each person takes turn to sing a section of the song (eg Nichijou) and should be relatively easy to master. Make sure each singer is on pitch and sing with clear voice (since no one can cover for you), this should take care of the bulk of the duet.

"Effects"

This ain't the digital sound effects that you're thinking about lol

I'm referring to when 1 person sings while the other makes random "sound" to decorate the section. Just make sure that the main singer's voice is clear and on pitch so that the "effects" doesn't kill it.

"Harmony"

This usually means 1 person singing the main chord while the other sings at a few keys lower. Yes, very common technique but very awkward when one jumps in to do it, try experimenting a little!

Harmonies are "big guns" that one can use to deliver heavy punches, use it for the climax! It'll run out of steam when overused.

^ Try mixing in those techniques in your next recording and see if it sounds more dynamic than usual. If you're looking for simple examples, check out COOL&CREATE's songs. I'll leave one example here, this has all the techniques we touched upon (and it's a nice song hue) (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/40212):

Hard wrote:

I dont have pc internet until 16th so i guess i am propably out :( good luck to everyone else
Oh no :o

Use your phone if you have to! Don't give up :(
Celleste
I'm glad I made it too :)

Time for stage 1 now! Good luck everybody~
Hakeru
Good luck for everyone as well ! :)
Lakia

Hakeru wrote:

Good luck for everyone as well ! :)
Yeah :3 (btw i really luvd ur voice so awsum!)
Topic Starter
Flanster
Just a heads up, the document will be viewable until Stage 1 Judgings start, after that it will be disabled for public view until the judings finish.
CoolshadowFNG
To think that I not only made the top 50 cut, but even cracked the top 10 makes me extremely happy. ^___^

Congrats to everyone who made it, and I look forward to hearing more fantastic entries.

Now, J-pop... *looks through instrumentals*

Too bad my Inner Urge (Shimoneta ED) cover got taken down, because that would have been a hilarious choice. xD
Kyonko Hizara

LoliFlan wrote:

Just a heads up, the document will be viewable until Stage 1 Judgings start, after that it will be disabled for public view until the judings finish.
That was something I almost asked you about because I was wondering how it would even be possible to leave the doc viewable while judging for the next stage is going.
Topic Starter
Flanster
You worry too much on fine details (that I already have in mind) :P
VirusZeke
my mouth wounded badly.. but i will try my best
will be covering one of Babymetal's song

#OsuPride
[ Piyori ]
I'm not exactly a pro with audacity and whenever I try record my singing is always behind music,can somebody help me fix? ;-;
Kyonko Hizara

[ Piyori ] wrote:

I'm not exactly a pro with audacity and whenever I try record my singing is always behind music,can somebody help me fix? ;-;
You can align the vocals to be farther up to match with the music by moving the audio track that is your vocals. Do you need help with how to do it?
show more