forum

osu!idol 2015 - Results!

posted
Total Posts

Are you ready to jump in next year's osu!idol?

My voice is ready!
42.54%
My voice is NOT ready.
57.46%
Total votes: 134
Polling ended
show more
SyraxAxoJaxco

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

SPOILER
Ok now, here's the problem as a person who lives in a country which has nothing more than voice and talent shows on TV, I've seen some different concepts of competition. First of all: If you are going to make them sing one pre-chosen song as Jazz said it would not be the best idea to show their talents. Though, if you let them choose their songs, it would be a huge mess. Why? Think about it all those different genres of music had to be compared. It's like choosing between an FPS game and a Platform one or a car and a motorcycle. There would be no actual winners there would just be a more liked music, not because of the singer itself but because of the music and it's emotional effect it would have on us (which is a music's main purpose in the first place) that has been chosen by the singer. Yes, they chose them themselves and they would have thought about the consequences and whether it would affect us emotionally or not but, please, this is a singing contest not a chess championship that you have to think 10 steps ahead. Maybe there would be a pool to choose songs from as Hard suggested but this also has a real big chance to not coincide with what Garven said. So the songs which will be in the pool have to be chosen really carefully and all the contestants should be informed about all the songs in the pool in order to prevent them from screwing up in the last minute. So here's my first idea out of two (which would be a lot better if both were implemented): You choose three songs for each contestant for the pool which is one in their mother tongue, one in a universal language (could be English/Japanese/Korean/Mandarin etc.) and one of their preference between the two listed before. The second thing that should be taken into consideration is again the genres. There is a theoretically simple yet might be a little hard to do in practice kind of solution to this issue. How about we split the Osu!idol finals into different genres and gave prizes according to them. Just spiting them up would be nonsense but let's say that there are three kind of genres left in the finals for each contestant: A, B and C. Everyone sings in their own genre and everything's good to go right? Well, no, sadly. This again triggers the more liked genre vs winner genre problem which can be dealt with a little effort from both the contestants and the judges. Let all of them sing all the genres. Like, A person sings both A, B and C genres; B person sings both A, B and C and vice versa. After all of them are reviewed by the judges we would see if the A person is stronger than the B one in both the A and B or just stronger in it's own genre, this way they would be compared equally in a musical way, not as separately in a "pop" or "rock" or "hip-hop" way. (I'm pretty sure I couldn't explain myself clear enough though.) Also a little P.S. This is just an idea. It's not that I think judges would not evaluate the performances right or anything. What if the people were allowed to vote for their favorite singer? I know this would cause so much trouble so I suggest accepting only non-friends' votes. Also to prevent what I call "counter-voting" also the friends of a contestant should not be allowed to vote for another contestant in anyway. Thus, the only people who vote would be the ones who don't know anything about the singers. Also the votes of non-judge voters should be evaluated as 25% of the judges'. So this way judges have still a way of judging. I think that's all. :) Many thanks to everyone who made such event possible and good luck with it. Hope to see things like this evolve to bigger ones or open the gates to many others in the future. :D
I got through 3 lines and stopped. I congratulate you tho for reading the whole thing.
Then you're congratulating me :D

Oinari-sama wrote:

Why not give contestants 2 weeks and have them choose 1 song from a pool (no effects), plus 1 song of their own pick (effects allowed)? We'll have 6 songs to listen to xD /meruns
[/quote]

What did you say? 6!!??
Lakia
VirusZeke
i can't breath too oh my god i hope i passed
i already make a cover special for next stage
Nepeta Leijon

NekoVirus138 wrote:

i can't breath too oh my god i hope i passed
i already make a cover special for next stage
same here orz
Topic Starter
Flanster
SyraxAxoJaxco
everyone, let's join too...
#WaitingForGarven
Nepeta Leijon
god dammit garven
Topic Starter
Flanster
Pietra

LoliFlan wrote:

While we're waiting :P
https://soundcloud.com/modulelfs/lolifl ... -moonlight
so cuuuute *o*
Konaruhi
#WaitingForGarven
Aiona
oh garven :^)
Kyonko Hizara
GARVEN PLEASE I CAN'T LOOK AT THAT EMPTY SPACE ANY LONGER
LightDreamer

LoliFlan wrote:

While we're waiting :P
https://soundcloud.com/modulelfs/lolifl ... -moonlight
Love it! And that song!
Topic Starter
Flanster

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

GARVEN PLEASE I CAN'T LOOK AT THAT EMPTY SPACE ANY LONGER
OCD to the maximum.
Oinari-sama
If you stare at the empty space long enough, you'll start to see patterns...
Topic Starter
Flanster

Oinari-sama wrote:

If you stare at the empty space long enough, you'll start to see patterns...
First thing that came to mind was awp....
Jazz
The suspense is real
Tokufi
*waiting*
Garven
Geez, tell me when there's a random opening after I think I'm done. Though I think it woulda been better to wait for me until now anyway since I wasn't exactly in full control of my faculties last night :U
Aiona
hurry Garven ;;
Nepeta Leijon
[HEAVY BREATHING]
Aiona

Nepeta Leijon wrote:

[HEAVY BREATHING]
the hype is real
Nepeta Leijon
Topic Starter
Flanster

Attention everyone!

We have finished judging the registration entries!
The document is now live for viewing, you can check it out HERE!

Congratulations to the TOP 50 who will be passing to the elimination stages, good luck to you all!
For those who didn't manage to get to the top 50, do not be discouraged, you can try again next year!
Kyonko Hizara
It begins....
Topic Starter
Flanster
Okay 51 made it out since there was a tie, go figure lmao.
Nepeta Leijon

LoliFlan wrote:

Okay 51 made it out since there was a tie, go figure lmao.
just watch. that 1 person will come out on top. that's what happens in every cheesy highschool movie
xxdeathx
Bottom 10%
Garven
xxdeathx is confirmed as a bottom, everyone.
Kyonko Hizara

xxdeathx wrote:

Bottom 10%
So is your avatar how you feel about the results? :U
Nepeta Leijon
i was 1 place away from top 10
i consider that a victory
Jazz
Congratulations to the top 50 :D
Nepeta Leijon

Jazz wrote:

Congratulations to the top 50 :D
i actually really like your voice!!! you did a good job
TwistedDuck
Omg, You guys have amazing judging qualities, i wasn't expecting this at all, whatever comments you gave me were really well written and i can honestly say seriously well thought out, i'm gonna work really hard for this, this is motivating me to improve a lot of things, This is how Constructive criticism should be, to motivate the person to improve their mistakes, you guys are clearly winners in my book, honestly saying this from my heart. This is insanely professional atleast for the stuff you've written for me or for the other participants i checked. you guys are osu idol winners :)
really wasn't expecting this at all. Thank you so much for those comments, nobody has ever given me those answers, ill make good use off this. GL to other participants.

-TD
Aiona
Aw damn. Close enough to top 50.
Good luck to top 50~~
Aomi
Didn't even get judged :')
Congratulations to the top 50, you go guys!
I loved the entries = v =
Kyonko Hizara
I was going to try and comment on everyone's for the registration round but for some of them I didn't know what to say and it was a lot to comment on all of 100 entries. (I'm not Garven sorry) For the next round I'm going to try and comment on all of the 51 that passed. If you didn't get a comment but want feedback on why you got the score you did then send me a forum PM.
yealina
let me think of i get #34 in first round last year w
Aomi
Can I get some feedback on my entry (even if I didn't get judged orz) ?
TwistedDuck

ionatheotaku wrote:

Aw damn. Close enough to top 50.
Good luck to top 50~~
O i remember you!, fancy meeting you here, will checkout your entry

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I was going to try and comment on everyone's for the registration round but for some of them I didn't know what to say and it was a lot to comment on all of 100 entries. (I'm not Garven sorry) For the next round I'm going to try and comment on all of the 51 that passed. If you didn't get a comment but want feedback on why you got the score you did then send me a forum PM.
you've done an amazing job at judging and making people improve, its not just all praise with words connected together to show the judges uniqueness or booing or feeling ticked off at bad participants like i see in some tv programs to strive drama, but what u guys are doing, ive never thought it was possible
this is how constructive critiscm should be, and yeah quality over quantity and if ppl want feedback, thats nice just note somewhere in the doc to send them a PM. im really pumped for this; Good luck to everyone. i cant believe the quality in this. insane really.
:)
-TD
show more