forum

osu!idol 2015 - Results!

posted
Total Posts

Are you ready to jump in next year's osu!idol?

My voice is ready!
42.54%
My voice is NOT ready.
57.46%
Total votes: 134
Polling ended
show more
Topic Starter
Flanster
2/5 judges have completed putting their scores!
Oinari-sama
Though the number wasn't what we expected, the quality of valid entries this year is far better than 2014 thanks to the new "auditions" approach. It's gonna be hell of a battle this year :)

Can't wait to listen to your entries for the next round ;)
Kyonko Hizara

Oinari-sama wrote:

Though the number wasn't what we expected, the quality of valid entries this year is far better than 2014 thanks to the new "auditions" approach. It's gonna be hell of a battle this year :)

Can't wait to listen to your entries for the next round ;)
I agree!
Aiona
Now for the last three judges to finish.
So excited.
Hard
I soooo hope I'll make it. Hyped!!!!
Garven
I should have mine finished in a few hours.

Edit:

Aaaand done
LightDreamer
So faaaaast
Warfu

Hard wrote:

I soooo hope I'll make it. Hyped!!!!
The hype is real ;W;
Hard

Garven wrote:

I should have mine finished in a few hours.

Edit:

Aaaand done
you gave all the 10's
Topic Starter
Flanster
Last year it was #WaitingForCharles, wonder what this year is gonna be :D
Nepeta Leijon

LoliFlan wrote:

Last year it was #WaitingForCharles, wonder what this year is gonna be :D
sharpii? ztrot? you?
Topic Starter
Flanster
I'm not a judge LOL.
Nepeta Leijon

LoliFlan wrote:

I'm not a judge LOL.
that's why we're waiting for flan
Topic Starter
Flanster
Oh.. I see what you did there.
Nepeta Leijon
B)
SyraxAxoJaxco
Gosh, i swear if i'm counted in the competition, i'm gonna take some of my time to borrow a microphone from my school..
I guess :

Real Competition + Nice Voice + Phone Mic. = LOSS

TRUE (?)
Lakia

SyraxAxoJaxco wrote:

TRUE (?)
Hmm I use phone mic too, it's not bad tho
Topic Starter
Flanster

SyraxAxoJaxco wrote:

Gosh, i swear if i'm counted in the competition, i'm gonna take some of my time to borrow a microphone from my school..
I guess :

TRUE (?)

osu!idol rules wrote:

Judgement only considers vocal performance.
The answer is FALSE.
SyraxAxoJaxco

LoliFlan wrote:

SyraxAxoJaxco wrote:

I guess :

TRUE (?)

osu!idol rules wrote:

Judgement only considers vocal performance.
The answer is FALSE.
Thanks for the answer, LoliPoppy :P :D
*senpai notices me..
Topic Starter
Flanster
I need everyone's input on the final stage.
Do you think choosing a song for the finalists is a good idea or do you prefer them choosing their own like last year?
Nepeta Leijon

LoliFlan wrote:

Do you think choosing a song for the finalists is a good idea or do you prefer them choosing their own like last year?
i'm not against choosing a song, but please choose a song that's easy to learn/sing
Topic Starter
Flanster
I have created a poll on this thread!

Nepeta Leijon wrote:

LoliFlan wrote:

i'm not against choosing a song, but please choose a song that's easy to learn/sing
Less effort ;D?

SyraxAxoJaxco wrote:

LoliPoppy
what no :(
Nepeta Leijon

LoliFlan wrote:

Less effort ;D?
yes. i am a lazy asshole
Papartis

LoliFlan wrote:

Even though I'd chose the option of you guys choosing the song for the finalists, it's still not really fair imho.
It depends if the person can hit higher notes, or lower notes and it's really hard to choose one that fits everyone.
Jazz
Let them choose the song. Each person has their own vocal range, some people are a good alto/bass but not a good soprano/tenor and vice versa.
If you choose a song that has a lot of high notes the good alto/bass may not be able to do well vice versa.
JemiLove

Jazz wrote:

Let them choose the song. Each people has their own vocal range, some people are a good alto/bass but not a good soprano/tenor and vice versa.
If you choose a song that has a lot of high notes the good alto/bass may not be able to do well vice versa.
I was going to say that. I agree!!!
Lakia

Jazz wrote:

Let them choose the song. Each people has their own vocal range, some people are a good alto/bass but not a good soprano/tenor and vice versa.
^ +1
CptHampton
If the finalists are provided with an instrumental, it wouldn't be too hard to put the song in the key that fits their vocal range the best.
Papartis

CptHampton wrote:

If the finalists are provided with an instrumental, it wouldn't be too hard to put the song in the key that fits their vocal range the best.
Exactly, and we could see 3 different versions of the song at once
LightDreamer

CptHampton wrote:

True, but there are those songs that if you put it juste a little bit too high, it starts to sound like a chipmunk instrumental, not very interesting.......
Jazz

CptHampton wrote:

No it's hard. Changing your vocals in accordance to how you changed the keys of a song is harder than it seems. You would sing it by ear now since it's different than the original.
That amount of effort should just be used to choose your own song.
Tokufi

Jazz wrote:

No it's hard. Changing your vocals in accordance to how you changed the keys of a song is harder than it seems. You would sing it by ear now since it's different than the original.
That amount of effort should just be used to choose your own song.
I'm naturally used to it :'P That aside, you can also change the pitch of the original song (noting you have the mp3 of it) and sing along~
SyraxAxoJaxco
Actually, i'm okay with both...
But i voted the second option. ;)
Hard
I want the judges to choose.

Maybe just give options or a song pool for different vocal ranges, an alto a mezzo ans soprano
yealina

Hard wrote:

Maybe just give options or a song pool for different vocal ranges, an alto a mezzo ans soprano
agree
LightDreamer

Hard wrote:

I really like your idea, seems the best so far.
Garven
Id just leave it to contestant choice. Besides the pitch arguments earlier, you also have to factor in the language being sung. I sure as heck wouldnt want to sing a Mandarin song for fear of poor pronunciation.
Kyonko Hizara

Garven wrote:

Id just leave it to contestant choice. Besides the pitch arguments earlier, you also have to factor in the language being sung. I sure as heck wouldnt want to sing a Mandarin song for fear of poor pronunciation.
^This and similar said before.

Also I feel that letting the finalists sing what they choose would produce better results of their skills since it would allow them to sing what makes them feel most comfortable.
Topic Starter
Flanster
People please do not change your soundcloud usernames atleast until judging finishes, it makes entry links dead.
Aiona

Garven wrote:

Hard wrote:

I agree with both.
show more