1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Development
  4. Community Voice

Should we remove scoreboards from qualified beatmaps?

Yes
12.23% 334
No
22.95% 627
Keep them but don't reward performance points until ranked
64.82% 1771
Total votes: 2732
Please sign in to vote.
show more
posted
My opinion:

Qualified maps should not give PP
  • Reason: See MANIERA drama. The leaderboards literally got fucked up due to it's disqualify and requalify.


There must be a message in red on the qualified listing saying, "YOU WILL NOT GET PP FROM THESE MAPS"
  • Reason:

    jesus1412 wrote:

    I feel like dumb fucks will complain double about "not getting pp from X map" if the pp is removed.


Qualified maps should be clearly indicated as "Latest QUALIFIED version".
  • Reason: Better indication in-game


Qualified maps should allow score listing:
  • Reason: More incentive to play the map, thus more feedback. It's also fun trying to beat other scores in DT mania while the scores are low.
posted
What I wonder is what would happen if the scoreboard is there but the map gives no pp for qualification, and then the map gets permaranked? Would those scores just give them the pp? Will they have to reset the scores?
posted
Third option is fine. Just give a big notification on the map so people will be less likely to complain.
posted
i would prefer to have an icon for qualified status, else i am also pleased with the third option (no pp till ranked status)
posted
The problem is that knowing that a record is deleted to update the score and express dissatisfaction.

I really really cant understand that
posted
Now that I think about it the 3rd option wouldn't change much, it's a step in the right direction but generally you can guess what sort of pp you will get from a play, so people will just complain about losing the pp they would have got, instead of the pp they already got. I think lust's suggestion is great, playing a qualified map gives no permanent pp, that way at least if people are gonna complain they will complain about the system rather that the QATs and the bs ranking criteria(but that's a much bigger discussion and this isn't the time and place to go into it)
posted
tbh I feel like the qualified maps are fine the way they are. Keeping the scoreboard but giving no pp isn't really doing anything really. Your score is still there if you fc a really hard map you are still going to get a pp rain for that score and if it dqs you will lose everything regardless. Your pp is just being held but its still there lol.
posted
I think so, for no one will be upset, because there are no selected pp C:
posted

Neutral wrote:

tbh I feel like the qualified maps are fine the way they are. Keeping the scoreboard but giving no pp isn't really doing anything really. Your score is still there if you fc a really hard map you are still going to get a pp rain for that score and if it dqs you will lose everything regardless. Your pp is just being held but its still there lol.
Always nicer to log back in and see that you've gained some ranks then logging in and see that you've lost that many ranks :P
posted

LoupDuQc wrote:

Neutral wrote:

tbh I feel like the qualified maps are fine the way they are. Keeping the scoreboard but giving no pp isn't really doing anything really. Your score is still there if you fc a really hard map you are still going to get a pp rain for that score and if it dqs you will lose everything regardless. Your pp is just being held but its still there lol.
Always nicer to log back in and see that you've gained some ranks then logging in and see that you've lost that many ranks :P
I guess it is a mental thing. I've never really minded losing ranks to dqs. I actually enjoy dqs tbh, usually means a map is on it's way to getting better.
posted
getting no pp until ranked is still useless for me though because i think players play qualified maps so they get an advantage for pp and qualified maps without the pp/scoreboard part for me doesn't differentiate it from pending that much.
posted
I do not know what kind of "advantage" that might be. It is not like you gain more pp the quicker you are. You gain the exact same amount of pp, regardless of when you make the play. The pp is only dependant on how good you play on the present map, not when you did it and who else played the map. These are variables not even influencing the pp gain a single bit.
posted
I'm still not seeing how not rewarding pp helps, people will still lose their scores, still be mad and people will be confused about not gaining pp.

IMO it's black or white, keep the ranking charts or remove them. I am far more inclined to shout out and mod a map after qualification because I may possibly play it to set a competitive score. The best way to spot issues with a map is to attempt in numerous times, I will not try to set scores on a map without a scoreboard.

So from my perspective: Remove scoreboards - fine but qualified becomes disassociated with players, don't expect to see their views of a map unless their an active modder.

Keep scoreboards, remove pp until rank: Expect just as much bitching about DQ' and more confusion about pp.

Keep scoreboards: We're where we are today. This is my preference.
posted

jesus1412 wrote:

I'm still not seeing how not rewarding pp helps, people will still lose their scores, still be mad and people will be confused about not gaining pp.

IMO it's black or white, keep the ranking charts or remove them. I am far more inclined to shout out and mod a map after qualification because I may possibly play it to set a competitive score. The best way to spot issues with a map is to attempt in numerous times, I will not try to set scores on a map without a scoreboard.

So from my perspective: Remove scoreboards - fine but qualified becomes disassociated with players, don't expect to see their views of a map unless their an active modder.

Keep scoreboards, remove pp until rank: Expect just as much bitching about DQ' and more confusion about pp.

Keep scoreboards: We're where we are today. This is my preference.
I think my suggestion on the previous page is a good middle-ground for this.
posted
I would rather like to see an ingame warning like "This beatmap is currently qualified. If it gets disqualified, all scores will be wiped." or something else to make it easier to identify Qualified Beatmaps in song select.

And wiping all scores when it got ranked would increase the drama/complaints in my point of view. More scores getting wiped == more players will be affected by losing pp which results in more drama/complaints.
posted
Although not rewarding pp essentially makes no difference, getting no pp temporarily still makes me feel better than gaining lots of pp and suddenly losing them all.
But anyway, as many people mentioned above, since qualified maps are different from ranked ones, it is necessary to use a different icon for qualified maps.
posted

jesus1412 wrote:

Keep scoreboards, remove pp until rank: Expect just as much bitching about DQ' and more confusion about pp.

Keep scoreboards: We're where we are today. This is my preference.
Just saying : i am that guy who spends as much time playing qualified maps as ranked maps and never really cared about pp in general.

Also, when a mapset got DQed because of let's say only some issues in the easy diff, i hope that there'll be a way to 'reapply' my scores that i got last time for the other diffs that remain unchanged when the map gets requalified. If that's not possible then it's fine i guess.
posted

DanSparce wrote:

getting no pp until ranked is still useless for me though because i think players play qualified maps so they get an advantage for pp and qualified maps without the pp/scoreboard part for me doesn't differentiate it from pending that much.
There's no advantage to playing qualified maps. I honestly think it's because many players are impatient. When they see a qualified map that gives a shit ton of pp, they don't want to wait a week to get that pp score, despite the cons of playing qualified maps.
posted
the 3rd one is so far the best

in my opinion just add bubble, qualify and disqualify icon to the actual game,making it easier to know which one is qualified and which one isnt
posted
ayy lemao
show more
Please sign in to reply.