forum

[resolved] checked OpenGL and now osu is being weird....

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Disappear
Problem Details: My computer finally was fixed after sometime and osu! worked fine back then. When I installed osu! after my computer was fixed there was some delay on osu! my cursor movement was delayed and my clicking was delayed. Also the songs would be overlapping each other and the storyboard would be gray when I don't have any graybackground template. Then I thought it was the DirectXL problem. So I thought it was a "great" Idea to switch it to OpenGL. When osu! started again, osu was all disfigured. there was only a little part in the corner where it only showed part or the osu menu and the rest of the area was cut off and those areas were black... I looked everywhere on the internet to fix this problem and in the osu community searches but found nothing. plz help T.T
And also when this disfigurement is happening the only part that shows up is the TOP left corner. in the picture its in the BOTTOM left coner :/

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
peppy
Hold shift while starting osu!. Can I ask that you try switching to cutting edge and see if you still see the same issues?
Topic Starter
Disappear
I held shift and switched to DirectXL which worked... but when putting the osu update to Cutting Edge still made the menu get parts cut off instead the area was bigger but the rest was of course black. so I then switched to Stable which fixed the menu screen area but still have low FPS and huge delay in game
peppy
You'll need to switch back to Direct X once more after going back to stable.

Are you able to tell me what driver you have installed for your graphics card?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZVo9roxv8

A screenshot of device manager with the Display adapters section open would be great.
Topic Starter
Disappear
I already did DirectX when I switch to stable and I still get delay if that is what you are talking about?

here is the device manager

don't think its the best graphics though :/
peppy
Do you know what graphics card you actually have? In the current state, you have no drivers installed for it, which means it will be performing nowhere near how it should be.
Topic Starter
Disappear
I have a AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD if that is it...
Topic Starter
Disappear
It say that the "graphics card" is up-to-date and has no other drivers for it
i also checked that AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD is not the graphics card i believe. it say its processor, unless that is the graphics card
RBRat3
The updater will respond with that when there is a generic driver installed and cant find a newer suitable driver on system or online in microsofts box of goodies...

You will need to obtain a driver from AMD http://support.amd.com/en-us/ and download the one suitable for your OS.

For better clarity the APU is both, It's an architecture that combines a GPU & CPU onto a single chip. They're still treated as separate devices but may share the same name or inclusion of the other device within it's name just like it's displayed for your processor with the added "with Radeon".
Nekonyan
if your computer is using Windows 64-bit, you could download your driver here.
if your computer is using Windows 32-bit , you could download your driver here.
Topic Starter
Disappear
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR SO LONG!!! well only a few days :/ anyway thanks for all of your guys help :D i will see you guys later, Buh-Bye!!!