forum

[Archived] FirstTime Song Settings in editor dont save chosen sampleset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yauxo
Eh, title was too short to make sense

Problem Details:
When importing a mp3 and opening it for the first time (creating a new set) the Song Setup Window appears in which you can enter Title, Difficulty etc. When trying to choose a sampleset, it just resets back to the Normal (No Custom Hitsounds) option when creating the first red line, even if you chose any other (ex. Soft (Yes Custom Hitsounds))

osu! version: 20150720beta (Also tried on stable, same result)
O2MasterFX
t/330776

For beta-related issue.

Anyway, can't confirm this on latest stable build.
Topic Starter
Yauxo
Oh, forgot about the beta thread thing.

Anyway, tried on stable - bugged there as well.
Nekonyan

Yauxo wrote:

Problem Details:
When importing a mp3 and opening it for the first time (creating a new set) the Song Setup Window appears in which you can enter Title, Difficulty etc. When trying to choose a sampleset, it just resets back to the Normal (No Custom Hitsounds) option when creating the first red line, even if you chose any other (ex. Soft (Yes Custom Hitsounds))

osu! version: 20150720beta (Also tried on stable, same result)
could explain a bit about what is first red line you mention there? I don't get it :/
Topic Starter
Yauxo
When creating the map, youre required to time the map before doing anything else. By timing the map (or manually entering bpm/offset) youre placing the first red line onto your map.

Redlines are the lines that indicate a bpm/offset change
TheVileOne
I checked the code and all these hitsound functions do is apply the setting specified to all current timing points. If you don't have any timing points it wont do anything.
Topic Starter
Yauxo
Well, thats kinda the point, isnt it?

I'd assume that the Song Setup, since it pops up in my face, would set all the settings I chose (including the sampleset) for my map/first timing point. Isnt it possible to save that value somewhere and then (re)apply it to the first redline if one's set?
In general, whats the point of having that option if it doesnt do anything :v