forum

New osu! Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +311
Topic Starter
[4VKZ] RUCO
Hello there! I know, what osu! should have! It's Sound Voltex mode, called osu!voltex
It's like 4K osu!mania but with:
FX Notes:

Controls: RIGHT FX Right Shift, LEFT FX Left Shift
Volume Notes:
2 lines in left (blue line) and right (red line) sides. You can move it to left and right by buttons (RIGHT VOL O/P; LEFT VOL Q/W)

ALL DEFAULT CONTROLS
Notes: SD KL
FX: Left Shift, Right Shift
VOL: Q/W O/P
O2MasterFX
No!

Go play Kshoot instead.
Bara-
Sounds incredibly confusing

Also, to O2Master, I read Kahoot (which is a quiz-type of app we use in school xD)
XinCrin
This is osu! :)
Kurai
It's probably never going to happen, it's way too similar to osu!mania, it's not that interestingand worth the hassle of implementing it to have a 5th game mode that is that similar to another gamemode. Besides, the Sound Voltex concept is nice for Arcade, but it sounds boring and way too complex on a computer.
otoed1

Kurai wrote:

It's probably never going to happen, it's way too similar to osu!mania, it's not that interestingand worth the hassle of implementing it to have a 5th game mode that is that similar to another gamemode. Besides, the Sound Voltex concept is nice for Arcade, but it sounds boring and way too complex on a computer.
How could sound voltex sound boring anywhere. Too complex yeah, this game is to hard to setup well on computer, but boring? Never. Frankly though, its a poor idea as its too difficult to implement imo.
abraker
From Blog post 20150713
@ppy Any interest in making a SoundVoltex like mode? –BrojosB4Shojos
Hmm, basically osu!mania with added analog controls? Personally I don’t have any intention to do so, but it could easily be added as an optional key-mode to mania without making a full new game mode.
try24get
looking to abraker post, so if this applied this mode play with at least a keyboard for keys and a mouse for analog control?
mania was cheaper than that, but yeah not so bad idea, though
O2MasterFX
Like I said...

O2MasterFX wrote:

Go play Kshoot instead.
PatZar

Kurai wrote:

^
hyouri
Bump

OP: Using 2D vertical scrolling like that won't be good, it needs a 3D scrolling like in Guitar Hero/SDVX and other games

Kurai wrote:

>similar to mania

are you serious? it's like saying FIFA and GTA5 are similar because you can kick people in both of them. Osu! Mania is nothing a like SDVX except you use 4k, so taiko is just as similar. comparing those is like comparing Justin Bieber to a music composer like Bach wtf
And what do you mean "too complex"? So
it should be this easy and crappy instead? Adding difficulties would make this game mode "too hard"? Lmao. KSM did it so why can't osu!?
And peppy could earn shit ton of money by selling custom SDVX boards for this game mode

We could at least get a 3D scrolling feature (Like Guitar Hero and SDVX) rather than this garbage 2d scrolling mode?
Rilene
KONAMI will sue us.
Redon
Karukami
It would be fun, somewhat confusing at first though @w@
I don't think we will be seeing new game modes soon :(
or maybe I could be wrong ouo
OperaMini0
who would make maps for it
it's like 14K

everyone that would play it already plays another game that does the same thing
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
hyouri

Sirade wrote:

KONAMI will sue us.
Why? KSM didn't get shit for this

OperaMini0 wrote:

it's like 14K

It would be 10k for keyboard, but 8k for SDVX-board. It's not even hard to map those, if you've ever tried KSM Editor then you'd get it

Ofcourse they're playing another game, as if Osu! has it?
OperaMini0

hyouri wrote:

Sirade wrote:

KONAMI will sue us.

OperaMini0 wrote:

it's like 14K

It would be 10k for keyboard, but 8k for SDVX-board. It's not even hard to map those, if you've ever tried KSM Editor then you'd get it

Ofcourse they're playing another game, as if Osu! has it?
i mean, why would anyone make maps for this and not k-shoot mania? k-shoot already has its own players and mappers, people that already play k-shoot would just play the 2-5 ranked maps available here then leave. why would anyone switch to osu when there are already hundreds of maps available on k-shoot?

by "it's like 14k" i meant that it would be like adding a mode with 14 keys: a lot of people that play 4k/7k wouldn't play it since it sounds too complex (k-shoot is really weird on keyboard, moving knobs with left/right buttons is hard), beginners that want to learn how to play it wouldn't have enough maps, and anyone that knows how to play it/make maps for it will just play the small amount of maps available here then go back to lr2 (or k-shoot for this mode)

i'm pretty sure that anyone that cares enough to play with that awkward layout (or anyone that can find where to buy a controller, pay for it and wait for it to ship) cares enough to download k-shoot and the songs that already exist for it
Rilene

hyouri wrote:

Sirade wrote:

KONAMI will sue us.
KONAMI removed many beatmaps with "beatmania iidx" metadatas, imagine if KONAMI found out all entire mode like this one.

That might escalate to real copyright issues and DMCA requests, as if our game is commercial (while KSM is not commercial, I think) and is using their copyrighted resources (if this was implemented), of course they would likely to sue.

And well, it is way too be similar with osu!mania to be considered as a new mode.

Just my two cents.
OperaMini0

Sirade wrote:

KONAMI removed many beatmaps with "beatmania iidx" metadatas, imagine if KONAMI found out all entire mode like this one.

That might escalate to real copyright issues and DMCA requests, as if our game is commercial (while KSM is not commercial, I think) and is using their copyrighted resources (if this was implemented), of course they would likely to sue.

And well, it is way too be similar with osu!mania to be considered as a new mode.

Just my two cents.
Along with how they started ranking maps for iidx songs again.
Did they get permission from konami to use their songs again? If they didn't and osu gets attention from konami again, konami could remove songs from all of their games on osu. I've seen this removal request, but I haven't seen anything saying that konami gave the green light to new iidx maps.
Rilene

OperaMini0 wrote:

Along with how they started ranking maps for iidx songs again.
Did they get permission from konami to use their songs again? If they didn't and osu gets attention from konami again, konami could remove songs from all of their games on osu. I've seen this removal request, but I haven't seen anything saying that konami gave the green light to new iidx maps.
Oh well, KONAMI does not allow their songs (or just Beatmania IIDX) to be uploaded (means no permission), if they found it again, they will remove it again, also the more they made such an request, the chance of getting sued is raising higher and higher.

Also applies to jubeat, REFLEC BEAT, DDR, SDVX and pop'n music, however they don't get noticed easily like beatmania where majority of the songs were in that game.

To be honest, it is way too similar with osu!mania, implementing it would be just like making a copy of gamemode and adding features to it, I'm not against this idea, would be nice addition to osu!mania but not as a seperate gamemode and I'm just concerned about the copyright issues which could cause a real issues to the game itself.

It is just my opinion, don't bash on me.
konekokittenzzz

OperaMini0 wrote:

it's like 14K

It's 6 keys plus two analog controls.

As an avid KSM/K-Shoot MANIA charter, a tool for charting could easily be made and isn't really that complex to make charts as it sounds like it is.

On the request of a SDVX/Sound Voltex mode, I really do not think it's needed because of the fact that was have:
KSM (K-Shoot MANIA)
and ED2 (Effect Drive 2, a new SDVX sim coming in a few months)

If it was added though, I hope people know how to chart similar to SDVX charting. I won't be able to stand for LN spam in a gamemode like this.

I don't think it would work well on a keyboard. It would need to be played on a controller to be played properly. Not saying that it's not possible on keyboard (as i know some really good KSM players that play on a keyboard and have never touched a controller), but it seems like it would be better on a controller.

However, if it was ever added, absolutely NO actual SDVX charts ever. That's just asking for a DCMA.
Baebee
I don't really think that this is needed.. That looks really confusing also.
abraker
The only way I see this doable without mimicking N+2 keys is having some kind of feet slider controller (slide your feet to do those whatchya-call-it). Unrealistic idea and an unrealistic mode for osu! as cool as it looks.
hyouri

abraker wrote:

The only way I see this doable without mimicking N+2 keys is having some kind of feet slider controller (slide your feet to do those whatchya-call-it). Unrealistic idea and an unrealistic mode for osu! as cool as it looks.
"unrealistic" just leave this thread

So ignorant. You're saying "I find this confusing because my non-existent brain can't handle it, so it's unrealistic to have another RHYTHM game mode for osu!"
konekokittenzzz
I still find it funny how people think playing this isn't possible on keyboard.

It's possible. It just takes time to learn.
Ven
id love this mode, i always watch tbl kitten streams!
Ender Lain
1. That's not 4K Mania
abraker

hyouri wrote:

So ignorant. You're saying "I find this confusing because my non-existent brain can't handle it, so it's unrealistic to have another RHYTHM game mode for osu!"
It's the controls this mode is made for that makes it unrealistic. This mode would be best played with analog controls. By using digital controls, you are mimicking N+2k keymodes.
Scanline
lmao @ All the people saying it would be too confusing, that's the point of rhythm games, they're supposed to be confusing. That's why everyone hates Osu!mania.
Look at simulators like LR2 and Kshoot mania, they're meant to be complex and confusing unlike noodle spam mania.
People are saying key setups are too confusing, look at the way people play Lr2 on the keyboard, it's do-able.

It would be interesting to have the game implemented in Osu especially for the ranking system but otherwise its pointless, the same kind of games exist mind you all of osu is just a copy of other games too so it would probably fit.
show more