Full-Screen
52.63%
Full-Screen (low res)
9.09%
Total votes: 418
Topic Starter
Maxx115
Hello there,
Lately i was looking through some settings of other players and noticed that many of them play in windoed mode. I personaly allways played in Full-Screen 1920x1080 and play with the mouse. Some who play in Full-Screen even dont play with their possible screen resolution, but with a lower! First i thought that it is because they play with the tablet, but then even found mouse players who play in windowed mode (btw the players I looked throught were hight tier players).

So I´ve been thinking there must be some more reason to it. Here everything I came up with:
SPOILER
1. Especially Tablet user have a smaller field hence a higher sensitivity
2. The necessary fov is smaller so you can see Jumps easier
3. Jumps are smaller (maybe the same as 2, but still wanted to include it)
But I also found some negatives:
SPOILER
1. The cs gets smaller through the smaller window (an counterpart to the second advantage)
2. less fps (depends on the Computer, but this is a disadvantage)
Please dont just say that it is just preference, because i know that already too. But I just want to know a clear winner by the facts? What is better, Windowed, Full-Screen or is there someone who can tell me why Full-Screen with low res is better?

Go ahead and leave your opinion here. Also note what advantages or disadvantages i missed and I´ll edit it.
-Makishima S-
Windowed mode gives not only better FOV while reading high spaced jumps (especialy high bpm rabbit jumps) but overall better FOV on map. It's less exhausting for eyes on long map.

1. The cs gets smaller through the smaller window (an counterpart to the second advantage)

At least for me doesn't matter. Raw screen resolution - 1920x1080, Osu window res - 1440x900. I can easiely play CS7.
Distance betwin my head and screen - ~60cm.

2. less fps (depends on the Computer, but this a disadvantage)

Less FPS maybe on toaster... i keep up constant 800-1k+ fps with medicore PC (Aero ON cause win8.1 is a bitch).

Only one downside for me:

I am playing with 100% dim so any desktop bmp sometimes distract me - i need to keep clear black desktop color.
Also random popup may be dangerous.
Yuudachi-kun
I don't think going fullscreen 1920x1080 (Which I do) has too much of an impact on not being able to see all the circles in your main field of view because the playfield is really really constricted to some square in the centre of the screen. I wonder what the real resolution of that is?
B1rd
The playfield is always a 4:3 resolution.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

The playfield is always a 4:3 resolution.
So 1440x1080? I asked for an exact resoultion since I can't maths this and I don't know aspect ratios.
Bauxe
I play full area full screen because that's the cool thing to do. The game looks so boring to me in a smaller window.
ithgyu
yeah i tried playing windowed once, but i didnt like it, i agree that it just feels boring, im not as motivated when its not fullscreen
Yolshka
i play windowed 1440*900 so no need to alt tab also my toaster cant handle higher res. (0-80 fps)

youll get the full experience by playing fullscreen but i dont find the game easier in windowed
StephOsu
i go borderless that covers the whole screen because i tend to alt tab alot and sometimes alt tab from full screen stuffs(not only osu but other game as well like dota/maple2) lags my laptop so yeah
but there's no option for that so im writing it here
don't feel motivated to play this game with small window too
Zefo
I play in a 1280x720 window, I play with windowed because I find it much easier when using a tablet, it also improves my reading. When I played with mouse I had Osu! in fullscreen 1920x1080.
Fatal3ty
1920x1080 Fullscreen - 2400 fps and many HD Skinkinelemente in used :)

Windowed I do not play, because around it I would distract me. :D
Vesrand
Heres my story. I used to play 1280x720 windowed for 3 years. But recently i've got my tablet and i could only p[lay at smallest area possible. But many people advised me to use larger area for better stability. But i couldn't. But I found that it's much easier to play with large area while using 1920x1080 Fullscreen. So now i'm 1920x1080 Fullscreen player. My jumps became much better but reading is worse.
otoed1
Depends what i'm doing. I generally play fullscreen, but if I have other games open or something I play in windowed mode.
ZenithPhantasm
I use borederless 800x450 with black bars.
TakuMii
I play fullscreen at 1366x768, because I have a CRT that lets me get a higher refresh rate the lower I go in resolution (140Hz at the resolution I play at). I have it letterboxed because 1024x768 fullscreen makes the circles too big on my 4:3 monitor.
Vuelo Eluko
i play in an 800x600 window to have the smallest playfield i can. helps a lot with my eye problem.
chainpullz
Fullscreen to reduce strain on processors when streaming.
deletemyaccount
I play fullscreen.

Isn't there a slight bit of input lag on Windows 8/8.1 and i guess 10 because you can't turn off aero when you play windowed?