forum

Ranting/Comparing soda to DnD Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Sorry to lay this on all of you but you guys would be the only ones I know who would read this.

I've been going though a lot of emotional trouble lately. But here's a little history about how this all started. Mind you, for the sake of the privacy of the people involved, I'm using psuedo-names, so don't try to actually hunt these people down for me.

Back in October, I broke up with my girlfriend (who is two years older than me) of almost 2 years, "Marie", because she cheated on me. It wasn't anything big, she just got drunk at a party and made out with a random douchebag. She told me three days later, and I could tell she was extremely sorry about it. I, strangely enough, wasn't angry like many other boyfriends would be (trust me, I hear about them allllllll the time) and took this as an opportunity. We decided it would be best if we parted ways for a bit to "explore our options," but we still remained best of friends. You could say "Friends with Benefits." December came (and went), and neither of us had a significant other by then, so we unofficially were dating for two years. March came around, and one of us finally found what he/she was looking for. Unfortunatly it wasn't me, and into this whole picture is "Doug." "Doug" is a 21 year old senior at a community college. "Doug" is probably the "sweetest guy [Marie]'s ever met."

"Doug" is a fucking Sex God compared to me!!!!!!!

She's told me about her "adventures" with "Doug", including (but not limited to) where, when, how, and more. My heart feels like its been stabbed with thousands upon thousands of needles. We never hang out anymore, and if we do, I screw things up because I'm lonely and jealous.

Let's see how "Remmy" is doing.

1. Feels lucky to just get a hug from a girl
  2. Turned down 8 times to prom (on their defense, a number of those girls had legit reasons to, including but not limited to an Important Softball game, parents were going to family reunion, etc. I think about 5 were actual rejections)
  3. Turned down by the single people at prom to slow dance
The list goes on.....

SO Where are we now?

I have my final choir concert tomorrow night. Not just the last of the year, but my last one in High School. I've tried to get "Marie" to come this last time, but unfortunately her job holds her back as shes the only one who can stay tomorrow night. Why does this hurt? Because I'm still slightly attached to her. And today at dress rehearsal, I nearly broke down in the middle of a song. What song, you ask? You Raise Me Up. You know, the one by Josh Groban? Yea. That one. My god it was awful.

Tomorrow's not going to be fun. I'll inform you how that goes.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
I've (for the most part) gotten over that... But see, I don't know what I am good at anymore. Any and all self-confidence has gone down the drain.
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25

Loginer wrote:

I'd say "osu!", but then I saw your rank.
I'm working on it! If i get to #550, I'd jump back to <#600 overnight!
Neo@lex
When I'm pissed off/unhappy, I turn to Coke, you should try it, there's some after-effects but ultimately it makes you feel good.

Pepsi and Dr. Pepper work just as well.
Loginer

neo@lex wrote:

When I'm pissed off/unhappy, I turn to Coke, you should try it, there's some after-effects but ultimately it makes you feel good.

Lulz intended?
Darius Ukugagi

neo@lex wrote:

Does Coke from other lands work well? You know, the foreign stuff.
Neo@lex

Darius Ukugagi wrote:

Does Coke from other lands work well? You know, the foreign stuff.
Foreign coke....I dunno, but French coke tastes like fizzy saltwater.

Loginer wrote:

Lulz intended?
uhh......no? drinking to feel good is pretty common, I just prefer coke to beer or booze.
Loginer
Darius Ukugagi
After effects, huh? What "something else" did you have in mind, Loginer?
Topic Starter
RemmyX25

Darius Ukugagi wrote:

After effects, huh? What "something else" did you have in mind, Loginer?
Drugs are bad, mmmmkay?
Darius Ukugagi
Yet so many superstars have made it thanks to drugs. Isn't it funny how screwed up the world is when the druggies make it easier than the straight-edged people can? Oh well, at least I'm happy for not doing Coke...I have Dr. Pepper. :3
awp
Dr. Pepper is the ultimate pop anyhow.
Darius Ukugagi
And I've been drinking the same can for about almost an hour now. But I prefer root beer, anyway.
Neo@lex
O I GET IT.
Coke being an abbreviation for cocaine.
...anyway, NO. Coca-Cola is mux better.
hunnykilla
Everybody knows that coke is inferior to Pepsi, the pepper isnt bad either. Take back your confidence!
Darius Ukugagi

neo@lex wrote:

O I GET IT.
Coke being an abbreviation for cocaine.
...anyway, NO. Coca-Cola is mux better.
I blame politics for that. Because I say so. owo
Saturos
Pibb Xtra.

/thread.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25

Saturos wrote:

/thread.
No. I just got back from my concert, and boy do I have more to say. I didn't break down like I expected, it just went downhill afterwards. I'll post that portion momentarily.

I do want to apologize in advance to the mods though. I might end up double/triple/etc. posting as my psp browser is retarded and can only remember so many characters. If you want, just meld them all into one post, i don't care.
ROMaster2
Saturos
Vault does win, but I thought we were talking dark pop/cola in general.
Darius Ukugagi

RemmyX25 wrote:

Saturos wrote:

/thread.
No. I just got back from my concert, and boy do I have more to say. I didn't break down like I expected, it just went downhill afterwards. I'll post that portion momentarily.

I do want to apologize in advance to the mods though. I might end up double/triple/etc. posting as my psp browser is retarded and can only remember so many characters. If you want, just meld them all into one post, i don't care.
Well, Remmy, how 'bout you get a nice Dr. Pepper and discuss it out to us?
awp
I am not anal about multi-posting; I don't really care at all.

I think I speak just for me and not the majority (and also representatives) of the staff though, so I can merge 'em if need be.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
whoops, fell asleep while writing this last night, sorry for the delay. Also, once I get a CD, i'll upload a .zip with our mp3s of the choirs I was in.

So yea, concert was last night, and I was filled with mixed emotions. A lot of my best friends who graduated last year came, so that put me in a good mood. Our Mens Group only had one song we learned through in-school vocal lessons, "Lydia, the Tatooed Lady" (its a fun song, really!) which didnt go as bad as I had anticipated.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
The Choraliers (10th, 11th, and 12th grade select choir) weren't too bad either. "Sleep" was absolutely beautiful. Then the song after "Sleep" came. Yes, the one I dreaded all night. "You Raise Me Up." Surprisingly, I did not break out into tears like I did at rehearsal. But, my god, one of the soloists, "P-Card" (psuedonames again) has an amazing Tenor voice. If he didnt make girls cry (in a good way) then theres a problem. In fact, his solo almost got me crying....
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
"John the Revelator" snapped me back to reality. According to my friend Windu, "[We] could have raised rocks with 'John''s power" So that was it until Mostly A Capella (11th and 12th Select choir) came on, which also did really well. We also had our Senior Song (where the seniors voted on a song we did in past years to sing at the concerts) which was "Daniel, Daniel, Servant of the Lord" which I switched from Bass II (low bass) to Tenor I (high tenor), where I originally learned the song.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Now, for Choraliers and M. A Capella, we earned a total of 3 standing ovations, holy shit!! ("You Raise Me Up," "John...," and "Daniel...") Us Seniors also presented flowers to the music teachers, which was a really touching moment.

Then came the celebration at Friendly's.

This is where things got bad. I sat with my friends, 3 out of 5 (6th at the table being me) i've known since middle school. But guess who was the only single person there?
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Did I ever mention how much it sucks being a third wheel? Yea... heres how the seating was arranged, same symbols mean couples:

X X $ (Bf was out of town)
~~~~~~~ (table)
% % @ (me)

Topics of coversation included, but not limited to: When they lost their virginity, With whom, how many times have they done it, other people they've done, where, sizes, best kisser out of current boyfriends vs ex-s, how much the girls can fit.... again the list goes on and on... you get the hint by now I hope.
awp

RemmyX25 wrote:

But guess who was the only single person there?
Oh, you say that like it's a bad thing.

I see no rule that states we all need to fill some asinine status quo...do you?
Topic Starter
RemmyX25

awp wrote:

RemmyX25 wrote:

But guess who was the only single person there?
Oh, you say that like it's a bad thing.
I see no rule that states we all need to fill some asinine status quo...do you?
That leads me to what I was about to post next- Welcome to Make Out City, making singles feel worse than they already do now! Also, what hurts even more is that Marie is the only girl I've ever done any of that sort of thing with.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
(Not to the extent that I had the pleasant opportunity to learn about my friends) I pretty much felt sick after dinner due to my heart continuing to punture itself in loneliness. This is why I wanted to sit with my college friends. But instead of going to Friendlys, they chose to go to TGIFriday's and chose NOT to tell me, knowing full ware that I wanted to catch up with them.
Whatever. Wasn't the first time I've been ditched by "friends"
Alright, I'm done babbling. Discuss if you want.
awp
Well, like I said I'm a heartless misanthrope that hasn't felt sadness or lonliness in years, so uh =x

Look at it this way. People in highschool are only fragments of who they really want to be. The odds of you meeting cool people (who are actually cool and have depth to them) in University are much greater. Now, don't get me wrong, some of my friends from highschool I still see a few times a year and they are legitimately cool people, but post-secondary is basically like the "next gen" of irl when you're looking at things from a high-school student's standpoint. Come to think of it, anyone that I once called "friend" that I met through University, I still call "friend" - granted, this number can be counted on my hands, but there is still a huge window of opportunity yet to be broken through that should do something for this whole loneliness thing.

wow I don't even know how to spell loneliness correctly ty spellchecker that I don't feel arsed to remove
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
This is why I can't wait to get out of high school and get my arse over to Lyndon State College where NO ONE knows who I am (save one person who I met on Facebook), and I can start a whole new life. Same Remmy (kind of), all new enviroment and opportunities.
Darius Ukugagi
Well, it's nice to know you handled it better than most people would, I can't wait to hear how your singing went, even if we don't know each other, really. Hopefully awp's right in the friend's thing, I wouldn't really know.

Sorry, not much to say here, but you have my support.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Thanks, awp and Darius. It really means a lot to me that you care. *pulls out 3 Dr. Peppers from the fridge* shall we? *raises bottle to toast*
Rolled
It looks to me like you distributed your stats improperly. Int is good but once you have enough to cast anti-caps lock and proper punctuation you can start pumping charisma. Str and charisma go hand and hand, keep in mind. Make sure you have enough of each to wear your Hollister armor and put your stunner shades accessory for a little extra Charisma boost. Once you fix your stats go farm your local mall, bowling ally, or any other place crowded with n00bs. Here you should eventually find some chicks to party with you and you guys can gain EXP all night long.
show more