forum

TPP: could mean the end for osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
B1rd

This is something that really deserves your attention. The TPP, or Trans Pacific Trade Partnership is a deal that will, among other things, strengthen copyright laws. So effectively, it could mean for the osu!. In fact it's so bad you could have your computer seized, and go to jail for for minor copyright infringements (that includes playing osu!). It could also stop stuff like cosplayers, comiket, and Japanese doujinshi. It gives the power to large companies to sue the government if they do something that harms their profit, such as making laws for the environment.

Basically it just gives heaps of powers to large companies and the rich, and takes away the freedoms and liberties of normal people. It's a complete betrayal of democracy. They tried to keep the deal a secret too, the only reason people know about it is because of wikileaks, thank god for them. It's been fast-tracked through the American congress, once it's in place it's can't be retracted until it expires. It effects multiple countries and forces american laws upon them (refer to the pictures). It really needs to be stopped.

If you want to learn more about the specifics, just type it in Google and read an article.

Cool rap channel, that touches on the subject such as these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzf0vXIPABI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUkW0kWb1x0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-xSP_T0VqU
Yuudachi-kun
Tfw American laws become international standard.
OzzyOzrock
feels like this shit comes back every other year and nothing ever happens lmfao
Shohei Ohtani

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Stefan
Welp, landing in the jail because we listened to loli music. If that happens we all are screwed anyways. However, this affects at least 50% of the users in internet, that shit won't work properly.
Topic Starter
B1rd

Reditum wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

haha lmao.

When 'nothing happens', It's because people stood up and fought against it. Ignorant shits like you with that complacent attitude are nothing but a detriment to the good of society.
Shohei Ohtani
Hahaha woah there randy calm down.

Im not sure if theres a way to really evaluate how many people sharing facebook statuses really did anything. Shitty laws are proposed all the time but theyre just a proposition.

And dont be a dick. I now am not going to be supportive of your cause because you were very mean to me :(. You sound like an edgy 16 year old whos listened to a little too much Disturbed rather than someone who legimiately has the means to cause change.
OzzyOzrock
well, complacent attitude's been working so far!
silmarilen
the same thing is happening between the usa and europe but here it's called ttip (trans-atlantic trade and investment partnership)
Topic Starter
B1rd

silmarilen wrote:

the same thing is happening between the usa and europe but here it's called ttip (trans-atlantic trade and investment partnership)
welp, I though Europe was safe but apparently not.

OzzyOzrock wrote:

well, complacent attitude's been working so far!
You mean you *think* it has. People like you wouldn't smell the smoke until they're on fire. Then it'll be too late.

Reditum wrote:

Hahaha woah there randy calm down.

Im not sure if theres a way to really evaluate how many people sharing facebook statuses really did anything. Shitty laws are proposed all the time but theyre just a proposition.

And dont be a dick. I now am not going to be supportive of your cause because you were very mean to me :(. You sound like an edgy 16 year old whos listened to a little too much Disturbed rather than someone who legitimately has the means to cause change.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, mate. You must be pretty dumb though if you're not going to support 'my cause' because you got offended over someone being 'edgy'. It effects all of us whether you realise it or not. No, I don't have much means to cause change, but at least I'm trying, which is many times better than what you're doing. Spreading the message may be a small thing, but it still helps.

And you obviously haven't read up much on the subject. It's already been fast tracked through congress, it's being negotiated in Hawaii. It hasn't been proposed to anyone, it's been kept a secret to everyone but the government members and corporations involved. They're doing everything they can to get it through, and the only ones opposing it are the people, and hopefully the few undecided senators who might represent us.

I don't have any sympathy for the wilfully ignorant idiots that are the sole reason that the government and corporations are able to get away with what they're doing. If you aren't even going to stand up for your rights and personal freedoms, you deserve to be subjugated.
joi-

Khelly wrote:

I hope from the bottom of my heart this never, ever, happens.
Parasyche
it happens at least once a year, it'll pass. if not, I wish the best of luck to all of you.
-Atri-
That might be a crazy idea but...

Should we build our virtual republic to fight them? :p
Nameless

KuranteMelodii wrote:

That might be a crazy idea but...

Should we build our virtual republic to fight them? :p
I'm not sure if that's a good idea.
Vuelo Eluko
clickbait title that led me to nothing
impressive shitposting op

i like how the same people who made that image are the same people who think us tiny ants are having any notable impact on the environment and that it didn't cycle through this warming up/cooling down shit constantly even before us.
IppE

joi- wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I hope from the bottom of my heart this never, ever, happens.
They're the world police after all, so it's only inevitable.

Shohei Ohtani
maybe if people stopped complaining when America didn't do things, America wouldn't feel the need to be involved in eveything
[ yogurt ]

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Exactly this. Also "a trade agreement behind closed doors". So how the fuck do someone who creates such infographics even get their hands on this information?

This is your annual bullshit fear propaganda.
Topic Starter
B1rd

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Exactly this. Also "a trade agreement behind closed doors". So how the fuck do someone who creates such infographics even get their hands on this information?

This is your annual bullshit fear propaganda.
Wikileaks. It was in the OP. I like how you can blow it all off as a conspiracy without even taking the slightest effort to look at the information. Bluepilled to the extreme.

I swear, some people could be in a concentration camp and believe they were on a government-funded holiday.

Another example: an American new show got shut down for talking about the TPP. http://www.ringoffireradio.com/2015/07/ ... um=twitter
deletemyaccount
People always never seem to care until its too late.

Look at the Australian metadata laws. Why does no one in this country seem to care that the Government is forcing ISPs to keep a record of everyone's traffic?
It's because they either: a) Don't care b) Don't understand their basic human rights c) Don't see how this will hurt everyone in the future longer-term.

Heck, a survery showed that your average Australian is more afraid of 'terrorists' than climate change.

/end rant
roufou
it makes me sad that people still try to pull the same power crap like before the french revolution.

I'm not very concerned about this though, doesn't sound like something that would become a problem. Who knows anymore though.
piruchan
I remember reading about this a year ago. The article focuses on Comiket because in a sense those doujins are mass copyright infringement, but I think there's no original content creator who complain about it (so far).

It's interesting, but most anti-piracy law I've heard has done practically nothing.
Topic Starter
B1rd
this shit has almost passed...

Plane
It won't pass, something like that would affect the majority of online users, which would result in people protesting, which would result in news stories, which would lead to the laws inevitable end.

A law like that is seriously too stupid to even be taken into major consideration. The people falling for this propaganda are the stupidest of them all.
Topic Starter
B1rd
"It won't pass" you haven't been keeping up with the news, have you

"something like that would affect the majority of online users, which would result in news stories" and who do you think controls the news? I'LL GIVE YOU AS HINT

"which would lead to the laws inevitable end" Guess what? The law can't be undone for a number of years after it is voted in

"A law like that is seriously too stupid to even be taken into major consideration. The people falling for this propaganda are the stupidest of them all." No, people like you are the stupidest of them all. Why would there be 'propaganda' to stop a law that is never going to be passed? That makes zero sense. You are both dumb and ignorant, explaining things to you is probably a massive waste of time.
Plane
You are both dumb and ignorant, explaining things to you is probably a massive waste of time.
For such a massive waste of time, you, the edgy 16 year old, explained every bit of it to me. Thanks for "wasting" your time on me. Yet I still believe that this will never pass. It may seem like it will, but it just simply won't. So instead of actually trying to debate on the topic, you instead lash out at others when they try to argue against your opinion? That's not debating, that's you being a brat.

EDIT: On your profile it says you're 18. Still edgy tho.

Daxxor
Feel like shit like this keeps happening every year, but nothing ever comes out of it. Pipa & Sopa,... Now this shit. Can this world just be annihilated already? Actually, please no
IppE

Daxxor wrote:

Feel like shit like this keeps happening every year, but nothing ever comes out of it. Pipa & Sopa,... Now this shit. Can this world just be annihilated already? Actually, please no
They will keep doing it until one of them passes.

They know the public will eventually lose interest in rallying up every single year.

They can wait.

Plane

IppE wrote:

-snip-
I don't think it will ever pass. Ever.
IppE
Well I think your opinion matters very little in this case. Maybe TPP won't pass, but it won't be the last of them. They will keep doing it until everyone is just sick and tired of them and passes them to make it stop.
Plane

IppE wrote:

Well I think your opinion matters very little in this case. Maybe TPP won't pass, but it won't be the last of them. They will keep doing it until everyone is just sick and tired of them and passes them to make it stop.
Obviously it won't be the last of them. Also, yeah, my opinion doesn't matter in this. I think people will keep fighting it regardless.
Topic Starter
B1rd

Plane wrote:

You are both dumb and ignorant, explaining things to you is probably a massive waste of time.
For such a massive waste of time, you, the edgy 16 year old, explained every bit of it to me. Thanks for "wasting" your time on me. Yet I still believe that this will never pass. It may seem like it will, but it just simply won't. So instead of actually trying to debate on the topic, you instead lash out at others when they try to argue against your opinion? That's not debating, that's you being a brat.

EDIT: On your profile it says you're 18. Still edgy tho.

'Lashing out'? That's projection if I ever saw it. I did, in fact, do something akin to debating you, in that I refuted all of the things you said (don't you see that 'debating' and 'explaining' are somewhat synonymous in this context? And that leads to a bit of a contradiction on your part? No? Nevermind then), but it was the same stupid ignorant garbage with zero evidence whatsoever that I've already responded to many times before. So I ended up having to explain things like one would to a stupid child, while throwing in some insults and patronisation. I might have debated in a neutral tone, but I already decided that trying to do that is completely futile, and provoking you into a tantrum in more entertaining for me.

And really, 'edgy 16 year old'? You can't even come up with your own insults and have to copy and paste from the first page. Nice meme by the way.

Plane wrote:

I don't think it will ever pass. Ever.
See what I mean? Your whole argument is 'I don't think it will pass' Based on nothing except... what you feel. So fucking stupid hahaha. You're probably a liberal.

IppE wrote:

Daxxor wrote:

They will keep doing it until one of them passes.

They know the public will eventually lose interest in rallying up every single year.

They can wait.

Exactly right. You can see signs of it too even in this thread. 'hurr this stuff happen every year it's never gonna happen lol'. Last time when it was called SOPA or whatever, they had this one guy, Aaron Swartz, basically a genius computer programmer; all for freedom of speech, freedom of the internet and freedom of information etc. He was at the forefront of the fight against it, basically the leader who rallied everyone behind him. But the government and coorporations, not even trying to hide it, bullied him with lawsuit after lawsuit and felony threats just for opposing them and trying to change things. In the end he killed himself, or more likely, the government did. Now he's gone, people are apathetic, content with their comfortable lives 'bread and circuses' so to say, they just don't care. In fact it goes further than that, they don't want to believe what is happening because that would destroy their fantasy of a perfect world where the government is looking out for them and they don't have to do anything. And that's exactly why it'll happen this year. I do hope I'm wrong though. Alright, sperg over.

Aaron Swartz documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU5JWT0hFlc
Plane
I just can't see it happening, also, based on what has happened, it doesn't seem like it will.

You brought up good points, but, still, what's you prediction on the chance of it happening? imo it's a 10% chance.
Yuzeyun
abandoning democracy for plutocracy isn't nothing new i want to say... :/
Sync

B1rd wrote:

...Aaron Swartz...leader...
Topic Starter
B1rd

Sync wrote:

B1rd wrote:

...Aaron Swartz...leader...
If you have some greater knowledge of what happened, feel free to share it...

_Gezo_ wrote:

abandoning democracy for plutocracy isn't nothing new i want to say... :/
Rilene
I'm not sure about TPP, but all I know the general of it's rules and regulation is kinda ridiculous in my opinion.

I mean like when the copyright owner intentionally did not file a copyright report even if they know what they are actually doing, they'll still be arrested/fined or etc.

You know, the examples like manga and movies, some would sacrifice the copyright issue for the good of their fanbase.

I cannot confirm this yet so don't bash on me on what I'm not sure about.
show more