StephOsu wrote:

just a 100 dpi change makes my accuracy goes from 97% to 9.7%
Same
but thats because I use 400 dpi
buny

Insyni wrote:

buny wrote:

sure, if your intent is to get a higher score. I never disagreed with that

HOWEVER this is a rhythm game, and going by a rhythm aspect, 89% is disgustingly terrible.
You don't need your sound on to play this game so it just becomes an aiming game.
same thing can be said about any rhythm game,

i can just as easily apply that same concept to a game such as stepmania

Insyni wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

You don't need sound on to play any rhythm game I've seen.

That doesn't mean rhythm isn't an important part of the game.
I'm just saying (from my experience) if you can get 98-99% on a song with music, you can probably do the same without music. The music just makes it more fun.
thanks for the insightful contribution!!!!!!!!!

I guarantee you would not be playing this game if there was no music for beatmaps, because this game is played for its rhythm aspect.
deletemyaccount
Is using speakers instead of headphones really such a drastic difference that you instantly can't play?

And you can't exactly argue that playing with no music makes a minor difference because it makes a huge difference.
Try playing a map you haven't played before without ever hearing what the sound is like and I guarantee your accuracy will suck ass.

As for who is the better player (I may be a little late for this but w/e) it's obviously the higher accuracy. Why is this even a question?
Sure you can argue that being 'better' is subjective and the system rewards combos over accuracy for score, but the fact that accuracy is weighted so highly when determining PP just further proves my point.
E m i

no sound xd
Endaris
At least you sliderbroke momi.
I'm occasionally trying to FC that for a while now but I always shitmiss somewhere.

@Philantropist: I'm using speakers and it's ok. I believe they aren't too bad though.
StephOsu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

just a 100 dpi change makes my accuracy goes from 97% to 9.7%
Same
but thats because I use 400 dpi
i use 1600dpi and 1700/1500 both screws me up
Endaris
How?
I recently swapped from 720 to 880 and i needed like 30min to adapt.
deletemyaccount
I've seen some mouse players use different DPIs for jump heavy maps and streamy maps.

Crazy stuff.
Yolshka

Endaris wrote:

How?
I recently swapped from 720 to 880 and i needed like 30min to adapt.

Why did you switch? Did you feel like it was too slow?
Endaris
Yes.
Specifically crossmap jumps were uncomfortable to reach, I had to stretch my hand as far as possible so my recovery from a huge jump was always slow and I would always miss on consecutive big jumps like in Airman.
It didn't really matter for most maps I was playing but on maps like Airman the difference was evident.
In terms of consistency hum. I FC'd Best FriendS on the next day so I guess it didn't really matter that much at all. I guess I'm not relying as much on my mussle memory as I thought.
Mahogany

Philantropist wrote:

Is using speakers instead of headphones really such a drastic difference that you instantly can't play?
Yes
markii
Anyone ever read that thing about this being a rhythm game? if you have an 89% you rhythm is off as a mother firetrucker, sure you won that match and you have higher points, but the 99% guy is gonna FC it solo later if it's even worth the retries to him (might not be enough PP.)

Back to this being a rhythm game if someones rhythm is that much better it's hard to say they aren't better.
Topic Starter
balldoowell
You'd be surprised by the amount of people that deny osu! being a rhythm game. Ive had people tell me its more of an "aiming" game
Risa

balldoowell wrote:

You'd be surprised by the amount of people that deny osu! being a rhythm game. Ive had people tell me its more of an "aiming" gaming
Theyre probably salty abt not being able to play insanes in their first day cos all they do is mash
WingSilent
Best or better player ? As far as i know, he's gone. :/

But for me actually, that is WubWoofWolf.
Topic Starter
balldoowell
Debatable
ZenithPhantasm
Auto is best player
Mahogany

balldoowell wrote:

You'd be surprised by the amount of people that deny osu! being a rhythm game. Ive had people tell me its more of an "aiming" gaming
They're bad

Also why the hell do you always post with a large font size
Yuudachi-kun

balldoowell wrote:

It's both
Topic Starter
balldoowell

Mahogany wrote:

Also why the hell do you always post with a large font size
Because default text size is small as fuck, even on my 27 inch monitor