forum

Intentionally failing to avoid losing ranks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Manivela
I looked around the forums on this topic but i couldn't find anything. Is this really a thing?
Someone in our team vs. lobby failed the map in the first 5secs and fc'd it afterwards he said he had already SS'd it and didn't want to lose ranks by getting a worse score...

Also Is there a difference between having only 1 play on a map with SS and slowly climbing towards that SS over 20 ranked scores?

I haven't been paying attention to my scores on a lot of maps thinking i could fix those scores later. (Playing for fun)
Now i'm really hesitant to do that because i also want to have a decent rank eventually :?
dung eater
it is a thing when you play with differends mods/nomod

a ss is a ss, it doesn't matter how many tries you have

all the scores you have now will be worthless after you gain some rank/get better scores, don't worry about it
Yuudachi-kun
That's a terrible way of looking at scores - not wanting ti get them now because they'd be vaguely worth less in the future. It reeks to me as being bullshit. Playinh for what's worth it now let's you push your boundries for things worth more in the future.
Topic Starter
Manivela

jaaakb wrote:

all the scores you have now will be worthless after you gain some rank/get better scores, don't worry about it
ok, but do new scores override the old ones?

Khelly wrote:

Playinh for what's worth it now let's you push your boundries for things worth more in the future.
that's exactly how i've been playing. Get a B/C on a map without failing first> get A/S > FC the map.
Endaris

Manivela wrote:

jaaakb wrote:

ok, but do new scores override the old ones?
Only if the score is better.
But the score will only be better if you get higher acc or play with mods except for some rare occasions where a slightly lower acc play has more score due to how the score per note is calculated with your combo. If you have a SS and you play with the same setup you did before, you cannot possibly lose ranks unless you spin like 2 times as fast as you did before.
Topic Starter
Manivela
ok, thanks for the clarification
winber1
only way this would make moderate sense is with hidden, since you really don't get much pp boost for it, but aside from that it's pretty much bullshit as everyone said, and it barely even matters. you lose pp, you git gud, you gain pp, problem solved.
chainpullz
"Every map is a DT map" -silynn
GoldenWolf

chainpullz wrote:

FDFD DT where
-Makishima S-

chainpullz wrote:

Dream more or DT FC FD4D.
Vesrand
Not so long time ago pp system worked so that one could actually lose rank by getting better score. It happened when lets say SS nomod score was overrided by S+mods score. Is it still so? Peppy promised to solve this problem.
Yuudachi-kun
Yes
randylek
its similar but not as bad as those who fail a map cause "they wanna dt it later" gross disgusting fuck you all
Karuta-_old_1
Someone in our team vs. lobby failed the map in the first 5secs and fc'd it afterwards he said he had already SS'd it and didn't want to lose ranks by getting a worse score...

it makes a difference if the pp difference between SS and 99% is high but usually it is nothing compared to the total pp you have

Also Is there a difference between having only 1 play on a map with SS and slowly climbing towards that SS over 20 ranked scores?

not sure what you mean but I wouldn't care enough to SS a map unless it is made for one
GoldenWolf
1) unless the map has spinners, and the guy spins much faster on his non-SS play, this won't happen.
2) no
Vesrand

Khelly wrote:

Yes
Then why not just make mods boost your pp for same amount as they boost score? So lets say if hd boost your score by 6% then pp you gain will also be boosted by 6% with same acc. Tadam! Problem solved. Everyone happy.
Endaris

Vesrand wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Yes
Then why not just make mods boost your pp for same amount as they boost score? So lets say if hd boost your score by 6% then pp you gain will also be boosted by 6% with same acc. Tadam! Problem solved. Everyone happy.
no
pls quit
Vesrand

Endaris wrote:

no
pls quit
I'm sorry but unfortunately I have to decline your request.
Mahogany
I much rather ridiculous acc pp from HR than a 6% boost in PP thankyouverymuch
Yuudachi-kun
Score is meaningless for pp and you shouldn't consider it when thinking about pp.

Except for the fact that only the top score you have is the one that determines what pp you get from a map.
Vesrand

Khelly wrote:

Except for the fact that only the top score you have is the one that determines what pp you get from a map.
Thank god someone finally understood me.

Mahogany wrote:

I never said it should remain 6%. If you think mods have good and ballanced pp boost at this moment then just adjust score boost of this mods so it will be same as pp boost.
Endaris

Vesrand wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Thank god someone finally understood me.

Mahogany wrote:

I never said it should remain 6%. If you think mods have good and ballanced pp boost at this moment then just adjust score boost of this mods so it will be same as pp boost.
Pls read more Tom pp announcements.
Mahogany
Or we could just stick with the current system which works fine in 99% of situations
Vesrand

Mahogany wrote:

Or we could just stick with the current system which works fine in 99% of situations
This world will rot if everyone think this way.

May be we can use same algorithm for calculating score as for calculating pp? Or may be award pp not for your best score but for your best pp gain play?

Its not just 1% as you say. It happens so often when i'm about to finish map with hd or hr and lets say 93.5% acc and i know that i completed it with 98% acc nomod. And i feel that i must fail this map because my score will be slightly more than my best play but most likely i will lose pp. Every time i'm about to finish a map i'm becoming nervous.
Barusamikosu

Vesrand wrote:

It happens so often when i'm about to finish map with hd or hr and lets say 93.5% acc and i know that i completed it with 98% acc nomod.
Do you feel a 93% acc HD/HR play should get the same amount of PP as a 98% nomod play?

Or perhaps I'm misreading your messages.

Vesrand wrote:

adjust score boost of this mods so it will be same as pp boost.
If this is suggesting giving less score for a shit acc HD/HR play compared to a high acc nomod play, then I am probably okay with this because HD is a horrible mod and it's sad when 93/94% HD beats a nomod 99%/SS in global/friend rankings.
show more