forum

Strict/GAMBOL timing mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Alex311360
In Beatmania, during a certain mix, GAMBOL existed. However, it had a infamous HYPER chart that was impossible to clear due to a game/song breaking bug that caused the timing window to give you almost always a BAD if you weren't exactly right.

I thought this could be implemented into osu! as a mod.

This isn't the PERFECT mod, because you won't auto restart upon a 300.

A 0-25 ms delay = 300. Anything less will cause a 50. No, this doesn't include misses just being removed. Misses still exist. 0-25 may be a bit strict, as I don't quite know how well timing is in osu! for some. If that's bad, maybe 0-100 ms?

I'm having trouble debating the multiplier, maybe like 1.25x? Although due to how amazing some players are, I have a feeling this would be a 1.00x mod, or just unranked. That would be the more logical option, to prevent other players from getting easy PP on songs they can clear perfectly.

If this doesn't work out at all, could just be a April Fool's mod, possibly even in the editor (but only on that day maybe?).

What do you guys think of this idea? I think it'd give a tough challenge to most players who know rhythm very well. Would appreciate some reworks on this too, I doubt this would be even close to a decent final draft.
roufou
I honestly want this personally, but I kinda doubt it will be added
Ayesha Altugle
Something like, OD10 but harder?
Topic Starter
Alex311360

Shizuku- wrote:

Something like, OD10 but harder?
something similar, in a way

was referring to this:
Bauxe
I'd disagree with giving a score bonus along side it, but I like the idea.
Rilene

Alex311360 wrote:

April Fool's mod
OMFG, YES YES YES
TheVileOne
I feel indifferent about this being a mod. If people want extreme accuracy requirements, this would give that.
D e s
This is like " Super Hardrock" :o
drum drum

TheVileOne wrote:

If people want extreme accuracy requirements, this would give that.
people wanted a stricter timing window which then lead to a discussion of more punishing accuracy in t/319917
Bauxe

drum drum wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

If people want extreme accuracy requirements, this would give that.
people wanted a stricter timing window which then lead to a discussion of more punishing accuracy in t/319917
That's mania though, which is a lot more lenient when it comes to poor accuracy than standard.