forum

About the Fate series

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
For someone like me who can't stand serious animé like Fate/stay night, I have to ask: is it okay watching Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya without worrying (too much) about references?

And if it wasn't obvious already: yes, I prefer comedies.
Faust
Well sure, you can enjoy Prisma Ilya without the strings attached.
Green Platinum
Fate/Kaleid pretty much needs to discount all the lore that goes into the main series' anyway. Elements are obviously taken from it though, class cards etc.

There is also Carnival Phantasm but that is hugely parody of all of TYPE-MOON stuff.
Julie

Green Platinum wrote:

Fate/Kaleid pretty much needs to discount all the lore that goes into the main series' anyway. Elements are obviously taken from it though, class cards etc.

There is also Carnival Phantasm but that is hugely parody of all of TYPE-MOON stuff.
Carnival Phantasm is a ++++++++++++++++++++ <3!!! We need more, I wish KnK was in there, like that all around type moon.

When tsukikhime anime!

Fate/kaleid, is not from the same universe, so meh won't get spoil much xD. Lots of peeps I know just watch fate/kaleid without even knowing the original fate series and all~.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Well then, kaleid it is.
Green Platinum
Season 1 best season.

Liz best girl
EneT
The real question is; how much juicy Yuri action occurs in Kaleid?
I'll start watching it depending on whether it's a satisfyingly good amount.
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

The real question is; how much juicy Yuri action occurs in Kaleid?
I'll start watching it depending on whether it's a satisfyingly good amount.
About Sakura trick level
EneT
That's a decent amount. I thought it looked too moe when the first episode first came out so I immediately dropped it. They need to advertise it better by adding Yuri onto it's listed Genres.
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

That's a decent amount. I thought it looked too moe when the first episode first came out so I immediately dropped it. They need to advertise it better by adding Yuri onto it's listed Genres.
It isn't a yuri series though. The yuri moments come from the series being a seinen one.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

EneT wrote:

I thought it looked too moe when the first episode first came out so I immediately dropped it.
You clearly didn't see the two teenage girls fighting in the beginning, then.
EneT
Oh I don't know. The anime came out like 2 years ago, how would I remember?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Wow... kaleid is actually kinda dark, too.
piruchan
Two weeks ago I decided to fuck it and watch kaleid with no prior experience in Fate series. I don't regret one bit of it.

It's glorious mahou shoujo with some glorious loli yuri action, that's all you need to know.
Green Platinum

piruchan wrote:

Two weeks ago I decided to fuck it and watch kaleid with no prior experience in Fate series. I don't regret one bit of it.

It's glorious mahou shoujo with some glorious loli yuri action, that's all you need to know.
Are you suggesting not every Mahou Shoujo series is divinely inspired? Glorious mahou shoujo seems kinda redundant.
[ yogurt ]

Blazevoir wrote:

Wow... kaleid is actually kinda dark, too.
Wait for 3rei.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Considering this came from something far more serious, I wouldn't be surprised if this reached Makoda levels... or worse.
NoHitter
If you studied about the Nasuverse then you would realize that Prisma Illya actually leads to a lot of explanations.
And yes it is very dark.
EneT
Wait, so is Kaleid in the same Universe as Kara No Kyoukai?
Faust
It's in an alternate universe altogether.
EneT
Oh nvm I got confused; Kaleid takes place in a different timeline to Fate while KnK takes place in a different universe. Kaleid not being related to Fate made me think it took place in a different universe.
Julie
Here you go, maybe this will clear your confusion a bit, this is the Nasuverse. Fate/kaleid is not part of it, but it take some stuff from the Fate/series

More info : http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Nasuverse

When tsukihime anime!
Faust
Man that is an old-ass picture.
Green Platinum
Why does Aozaki Tohko have short blue hair?
Faust
That's her initial design from the original Kara no Kyoukai novels.
Arief Santosa
good stroy
EneT
Well I finally decided to start watching Kaleid just now like I said would. I'll either catch up on it by a week or a year depending on how it goes.
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

Well I finally decided to start watching Kaleid just now like I said would. I'll either catch up on it by a week or a year depending on how it goes.
I wish I could find a series that I could finish in a week. Nothing has been fun and good enough to motivate me to do so.
EneT
Yeah, majority of Anime these days bore the hell out of me. Feels like the industry is starting to slack; most animes being released are just adaptations of light novels and such. Original animes like Code Geass are becoming less frequent and the slice of life genre is becoming more and more dominant. Everything just seems like a copied re-hash of the other and although I do enjoy watching them, it gets so boring and tedious when it feels like I've just watched the same thing over and over again. The Anime industry hasn't been progressing in quality, it's been left to a halt, regressed even.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Finally finished up to S2 (including the specials; yet to see the 2nd OVA though). I must say the battles actually interested me, but I'm still not a fan of lengthy, non-action talking scenes.
Green Platinum
Fate/kaleid was ambitious to try and compete with main series of Fate level of conversational exposition
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's understandable; it may be a spin-off, but it's still part of the same series.
Green Platinum

Blazevoir wrote:

It's understandable; it may be a spin-off, but it's still part of the same series.
Different production company and the fact that it is a manga first makes me think it was written by a different person. May be wrong though.
It didn't get remotely close to the 40minute episode that was entirely exposition from Fate/Zero
EneT

EneT wrote:

I haven't gotten past the 2nd episode yet. Well, I guess it's going to be a year then.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
show more