forum

[resolved] Cant open any link from osu

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
LittleBird-
ive tried that (the other browser that i tried is firefox), but it doesnt work as well :|
Flanster
Try from here.

Topic Starter
LittleBird-

LoliFlan wrote:

Try from here.

Thanks, but again, it doesnt work :|
Trosk-
Just in case... Have you tried to open osu! as administrator?
Topic Starter
LittleBird-
Yea but it doesnt work, gosh what have i done to my PC and my Osu! ? :|
Topic Starter
LittleBird-
Other solution? :|
VeilStar
Make sure you're not running osu! in compatibility mode nor as admin.
Topic Starter
LittleBird-

VeilStar wrote:

Make sure you're not running osu! in compatibility mode nor as admin.
Still not work, what do i do now? reinstall windows? :lol:
Flanster
Can you click on links from other programs such as Skype?
Yuii-
Is this ONLY happening with Google Chrome?
Have you tried any other programs like Mozilla Firefox? Safari?
Have you cleared your cookies / history from your browser?
Is this ONLY happening with osu!?
Have you checked if there are no malwares / virus in your computer?

If you've properly set Chrome as your default browser:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations
Something like this should be shown.
Nekonyan

ImTheKiller wrote:

I played multiplayer this morning and i just realized that i cant download any beatmap, i also cant open any kind of link
Ive switched the default browser to IE and switching back to chrome, and it still not working
What should i do? can anyone fix this? :|
just to make sure, do you mean you can't click this?

and also, does this happen on yours too?
[quote="Hikaros":1337]When i upload a screenshot in-game it won't open the link afterwards. All it does everytime is minimize osu and nothing happens.
Topic Starter
LittleBird-

Nekonyan wrote:

ImTheKiller wrote:

I played multiplayer this morning and i just realized that i cant download any beatmap, i also cant open any kind of link
Ive switched the default browser to IE and switching back to chrome, and it still not working
What should i do? can anyone fix this? :|
just to make sure, do you mean you can't click this?

and also, does this happen on yours too?
[quote="Hikaros":1337]When i upload a screenshot in-game it won't open the link afterwards. All it does everytime is minimize osu and nothing happens.
Yep, when i click any link, osu is just minimized, nothing shown in my browser
And this is happen on all browsers that ive tried
Topic Starter
LittleBird-

Yuii- wrote:

Is this ONLY happening with Google Chrome?
Have you tried any other programs like Mozilla Firefox? Safari?
Have you cleared your cookies / history from your browser?
Is this ONLY happening with osu!?
Have you checked if there are no malwares / virus in your computer?

If you've properly set Chrome as your default browser:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations
Something like this should be shown.
yes this is ONLY happening on osu, ive tried all browsers (not all though: Opera, firefox, safari, chrome, IE)
hmm seems like there is no virus in my computer (Only some annoying adware's)
Flanster
You can try downloading and installing another copy of osu in a separate folder. Run it and see if you can click on links there.
Topic Starter
LittleBird-

LoliFlan wrote:

You can try downloading and installing another copy of osu in a separate folder. Run it and see if you can click on links there.
Ive tried that twice, but it doesnt work :|
Nekonyan
seems reinstalling your OS is last solution I could give considering you have problem on your PC before. And because of that, probably there's something that corrupts the registry.
Topic Starter
LittleBird-

Nekonyan wrote:

seems reinstalling your OS is last solution I could give considering you have problem on your PC before. And because of that, probably there's something that corrupts the registry.
Ikr? ive cleaned all the registry roblems but it doesnt work AT ALL, geez
I guess thats the last choice, ill tell you guys when it fixed
Trosk-

ImTheKiller wrote:

Well, maybe you could wait a bit to see if someone can get the solution to it...
Topic Starter
LittleBird-

Trosk- wrote:

ImTheKiller wrote:

Well, maybe you could wait a bit to see if someone can get the solution to it...
Yea, of course ill not reinstalling my OS right now, ill find the solution/wait if someone find the solution
btw thanks guys for all of the solution
Nekonyan

ImTheKiller wrote:

Nekonyan wrote:

err cleaning all registry problems doesn't guarantee you that all registry is fixed, so then I suggest for "deep clean"
anyway, goodluck and take your time.
Topic Starter
LittleBird-
Ok seems like reinstalling windows fix my problem, thanks to all of you guys that sending me solution for this
:D
Aikawa
OMG Sorry though I know it says resolved here, I just wanna post this here cause I tried using this forum post to solve this same issue I have and it typically shows here that know one was able to fix the issue resorting to the point of reinstalling your OS makes no sense at all and I figured it out on how to fix it all by myself. Hard to find a solution here in the forums.

How to fix protocol handler for osu when clicking on "osu//edit" links.

Try to go to Registry editor by typing in "regedit" in windows key+r command window.

In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT section, find the "osu!" key.

Click on that and you should find 2 keys.

One would be for the osu! beatmap association and the other one would be the URL Protocol.

If URL Protocol data section is blank, copy the location of your osu launcher and paste in there by double clicking URL

Protocol.

EX; E:\Computer Files\Programs\Games\Osu!

Other than that if it won't work, try to do a clean reinstall of osu (or course backup your stuff first).

Or

Reinstall your browser.

Or

Clear stuff in the FF: Vista/7: C:\Users\<USERNAME PCmu>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data

Or

Create a new windows user for a clean start.

Last resort would be reinstall your OS but I wouldn't do something that stupid just to fix something so minor.

But if you don't wanna go and reinstall your browser for this, you can just drag the osu!link into osu itself and it should

read it without a problem though it's something that kinda hinders on your modding sessions, it works though.

These are optional though coz I already tried these as people said they helped based from what I read in the forums though

they didn't work me until I did the changes in the registry.
skyfall1235
i found to be that resetting the google defaults fixed my problem, and having a second monitor with Osu! in the mode that allows free cursor travel. fixed my problem that finally got me into multiplayer.